Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Officials

Started by Woopig69, January 07, 2017, 08:20:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Woopig69

What a load of horse sh1t. They will not allow us to win.

LR_Matt

Looks good to me.... Jeff Long must have paid 'em

poloprince

Dude was clearly out of bounds on that one play.
$PoLoPrInCe$

BallHog1

They catch the ball out of bounds, they've walked multiple times and they've doubled dribbled in the middle of the Dam lane =  no calls
I agree, it's bs

Hog Solo

Refs suck like always.  Bar ford travel should've been a plus 1, instead it was a plus 1 for them 5 point swing.

Smalltownhog95

Late travel call was sh1t. I would have gotten a technical if I was Mike Anderson. No reason for a travel to be called that late after a basket.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

hogsanity

I would suggest you guys get certified and become refs. Its easy to get involved.  You could be in college ball in 10-15 years.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

JonClaudeVanHam

Haven't posted much in a long time, came here to see if a thread was made. The lack of a whistle when Hawkins was out of bounds is beyond me, as is the whistle for traveling on Barford *after* the ball had gone through the hoop. They're pushing us in the back under the basket and Thompson and Thomas have both had completely phantom fouls called on them for essentially holding their ground under the basket. Give us a fair franking game.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Woopig69

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 08:26:27 pm
I would suggest you guys get certified and become refs. Its easy to get involved.  You could be in college ball in 10-15 years.
and then what? Cheat for Kentucky?

bphi11ips

I would suggest a good opthalmologist, Eyeore. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hog Fan from Camden

The Barford walk call should have been a bucket plus a foul.

fieldturf

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 07, 2017, 08:24:34 pm
Late travel call was sh1t. I would have gotten a technical if I was Mike Anderson. No reason for a travel to be called that late after a basket.

See that's the problem with Mike he hasn't been T'd up but once in 6 years!!!  He needs to go off like Nolan use too!!!!!!

BallHog1

Sounds like a high school or Jr high ref with thin skin.

hogsanity

Hogs up 10-8 @ the line equal # of attempts in 1st half on the road no less.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Woopig69

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 07, 2017, 08:38:35 pm
or a worthless accountant

hogsanity

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 07, 2017, 08:38:35 pm

Blaming the refs is just lazy.

BallHog1

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 08:40:33 pm
Blind or just don't know the game?

Woopig69

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 08:40:33 pm
being ignorant is just lazy.

Hogmeier

SEC officials are horrible. Always have been. Nothing new.

Woopig69

This is blatantly awful.

texashog33

Although  the refs are atrocious - I do like the way the hogs are fighting tonight on the road Against a team full of pros

Smalltownhog95

So is blaming the refs for those bs technicals and charge foul lazy to?
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Hogcephus

I've called over 2,500 games and these guys are terrible!

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogcephus on January 07, 2017, 09:09:32 pm

And I'm sure you've noticed the fans whining usually are backing the losing team.

devildoghawg

I can't even be mad, this team has fought hard and the officials have ruined it for them.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogcephus on January 07, 2017, 09:09:32 pm

Were you any good?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 08:40:07 pm
Hogs up 10-8 @ the line equal # of attempts in 1st half on the road no less.
That means nothing. As an official you should know that. You are probably the type that T's a coach up for pointing out the foul descrepency and then when a guy is complaining you tell him he shouldn't be bc fouls are 7-2 in his favor.

rude1

Do we need to cry about the officiating after 20 pt losses? Please just let it go, I am not sure they could have did enough for us with the whistle for us to win this game without being obvious.

alohawg

I think it's no exaggeration to say the biased refs accounted for at least 10 pts difference.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

The Boar War

You're complaining about fans complaining about referees?  Welcome to sports.

Knot2brite

I hate the sec...it is ten times worse than the SWC ..difference is that the money is too good for the athletic department and that is the bottom line...money
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on January 07, 2017, 09:38:44 pm
That means nothing. As an official you should know that. You are probably the type that T's a coach up for pointing out the foul descrepency and then when a guy is complaining you tell him he shouldn't be bc fouls are 7-2 in his favor.

I have never t'd up a coach and the only time I know the foul count is when the scorer tells me someone is in the bonus.

When 1 teams drives to the basket alot they draw alot of fouls. Arkansas has always fouled alot its just a byproduct of their style and has been for 30 years.

Hogsolo

Had to get KY over the edge just like Bama.  Embarrassing really. 

WorfHog

Quote from: IAMHogholio on January 07, 2017, 09:53:06 pm
Had to get KY over the edge just like Bama.  Embarrassing really.

Yep.

Knot2brite

Officials can and do influence games. It has been that way forever.

XavierZane

Quote from: Woopig69 on January 07, 2017, 08:20:38 pm
What a load of horse sh1t. They will not allow us to win.

It was pretty bad before the half.  The refs were the reason we didn't have the lead.  But they got some clear orders at halftime. 

WSPHOG

Refs are ruining college basketball. Just too many fouls called last couple of years. And college basketball needs all help it can get.

hogsanity

Quote from: WSPHOG on January 07, 2017, 10:03:01 pm
Refs are ruining college basketball. Just too many fouls called last couple of years. And college basketball needs all help it can get.

They are calling more because of points of emphasis designed to help free up offenses. At some point the players have to adjust.

Dropkick

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 09:52:07 pm
I have never t'd up a coach and the only time I know the foul count is when the scorer tells me someone is in the bonus.

When 1 teams drives to the basket a lot they draw alot of fouls. Arkansas has always fouled alot its just a byproduct of their style and has been for 30 years.
Except when its us driving to the basket.....................

I know you are a ref and have a different perspective, no problem we are all entitled to our opinions.

Referees did not decide the game but they most certainly leaned Blue's way once the crowd got involved. I hope you are one of the good ones that doesn't allow the home crowd to affect your decisions.

ShadowHawg

We didn't lose because of the refs. But they were awful. Totally start struck. That jump ball call where Willis did not even come close to maintaining verticality.

Knot2brite

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 10:07:34 pm
They are calling more because of points of emphasis designed to help free up offenses. At some point the players have to adjust.
The problem with adjusting is that players cannot "adjust" because each official calls the game different. Some officials deem that climbing up a players back is ok while others feel that looking real hard at someone when they make a move to the basket is a foul. It is subjective. The old way of doing it was if it looked like it hurt or if the physicality caused an unfairly gained advantage then it was a foul. How do players adjust to the new way? They just don't play defense. That sucks 

Hollywood_HOGan45

You get your panties in a wad every single time someone complains about basketball officials.
Get over it. 99.9 percent of fans complain about officiating.
You suck as a fan about as bad as the SEC officials.

WSPHOG

49 fouls is a lot don't u think?   
......College basketball changed the rules at a bad time few years ago. I could careless if the players adjust or not but it makes for a bad a tv product in my opinion. It ruins the flow of the game. College basketball attendance and tv ratings are down as well.

PORKULATOR

Except for the fact that we get fouled shooting without calls about 10 times a game more than any team I've seen this year,  I can agree with a lot of this here.... i guess, I mean crap/sh1+/fbomb, after the game tonight,  I'm just dejected as he'll.

I wish MalIk Puke would cry himself to sleep every night this season after his night.some shakey games, some home state guilt, some piss off and go to the NBA with only 12 points against the team you shunned
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 07, 2017, 10:13:37 pm
You get your panties in a wad every single time someone complains about basketball officials.
Get over it. 99.9 percent of fans complain about officiating.
You suck as a fan about as bad as the SEC officials.
if you feel good about being so asinine to a fellow Hog fan after a crap UK game, then you suck as a person. Bad Human/crappy individual/loathsome existence/waste of space.... let me know if I hit a nerve weakling.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Dropkick

Out of curiosity, how would you rate the officiating tonight?

Hogimus Prime

It's not just Kentucky getting calls it's every school that's a blueblood. It's not foul count at the end of the game. It's when, what and on who they call or don't call.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Dropkick on January 07, 2017, 10:31:20 pm
Out of curiosity, how would you rate the officiating tonight?
out of 10?   A 2

BigoBoys

Putin, Obama, and Trump

sigpooie

anyone who does not think the refs were hampering our efforts, should move back to the high school posting sections of HV. The phantom fouls in the 1st have helped stop our runs, The barford incident should have put fox out of the game. The second half calls were such bullsh t that I had to turn off my tv before middle of the 2nd half. I just wish mike would  take a fans side of this and get a tech for hitting a ref in the mouth. I would also like to see the financial records of those refs. That would be a rule that would slow some of this down.. 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson