Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predictions?

Started by Razorod, January 07, 2017, 09:12:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

What do you think about tonight's game?

I'm going with my brain and not my heart today: Kentucky 96 Hogs 76
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

FineAsSwine

The margin of victory will be 20 or less.  :razorback:
Hogs up! Covid down!

Razorod

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 07, 2017, 09:16:03 am
The margin of victory will be 20 or less.  :razorback:
I'm thinking about the same but went with 20. I suspect it may get above 20 for part of the game, but will dwindle down to 20 or so.

May provide an opportunity for guys like Jones, Bailey and Hazen to get some minutes in a road game.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

MountieDawg

SEC!

gmarv

revolution

Cats 96
Hogs 65

I'm going in with low expectations so as not to be disappointed or frustrated.  If you could tell me right now that we'd lose by 20 but Monk would score less than 10, I'd probably find some solace in that.

Sorry to be such a pessimist!  I'll be watching and hoping.  GO HOGS!

cardsNhogs

Kentucky 91
Arkansas  72

UKChamps

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 07, 2017, 10:37:17 am
Kentucky 91
Arkansas  72

I think you guys slow it down, ala Louisville.  77 - 73 Cats.

elksnort

Quote from: UKChamps on January 07, 2017, 10:42:09 am
Slow it down?
The only thing that's going to slow it down are the whistles and turnovers

HawgnCorona

Nah, we wont slow it down...just have enough in the tank at the end of the game.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hogwood

We don't have the athletes or size that Louisville does. I do think our team will be pumped to show Malik what he missed out on and should also be energized by the TN win. I say KY by 12. We get blown out in mid-first half but make it competitive the rest of the way.

Atlhogfan1

Monk presses too much and doesn't play well.  Hogs smartly don't force the tempo, don't turn it over allowing UK to get a lot of easy transition points and makes the Cats score over them.  Pressure mounts on UK and it ends up being a game. And if a Macon or Hannahs gets hot...?

Our program is due for a win over a team like this.  Has been years since we have.  The Cats of 13-14 were not on this level especially in Feb when they lost 3 of 4 and weren't hard to defend. The current UK team is due to play poorly.  Now it may happen later if the Fr hit that "wall. We aren't A&M.  We aren't void of guards. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Rawker

Quote from: hogwood on January 07, 2017, 11:33:26 am
We don't have the athletes or size that Louisville does. I do think our team will be pumped to show Malik what he missed out on and should also be energized by the TN win. I say KY by 12. We get blown out in mid-first half but make it competitive the rest of the way.

If one looks at this scientifically (i.e., based on existing performances and statistics rendered by THIS group of Hogs), this assessment is EXACTLY right.  Hogs might be down as much as 23 in the first half, then close it to a 9 point result.  Ignoring all the other stuff that Arkansans like to talk about in regards to this particular KY team - and I do ignore it because we play them once this year and have to take care of our own business for all of the other games -- the fact is this game is almost a wash in terms of tournament trajectory and appearances - it obviously does not go in the bad loss column.  However, it is key for the Hogs' confidence going into the next games that they compete well and continue to practice not sleeping on any plays.  I've watched Moses extremely intently this season - as many of us have - and he just flat out sleeps on some plays.  He can't do that at all today.  This speed on KY is so ridiculous that the Hogs will be broken down numerous times; it obvious to say, but they just HAVE to regroup after each defensive breakdown and be focused on the next stop, because even in a loss, the vibe at the end will be important going forward.  I've noticed Macon never lets his body language falter - he's determined to make stuff happen and get stops no matter what the situation is.  They ALL have to do this, ALL game.

PonderinHog

If a couple of our guys get hot, anything can happen. Hogs win, 80-76.

FineAsSwine

If I had to bet the farm on it, I would go with my head and pick KY. Who wouldn't? Since I have no money on it though, I'm all heart!

Hogs 95 - 88.
Hogs up! Covid down!

devildoghawg

I'll say Kentucky 71 - Hogs 50.  If we keep it within 10 I'll be optimistically surprised and really excited for the rest of the season. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Atlhogfan1

We have the guard depth to be competitive IF we don't turn it over and allow transition pts and don't get extended, chase and get broken down defensively.   Make the game be decided by Adebayo v Moses.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

porkinsons disease

UK-86  Hogs -71

GO HOGS
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

I predict a fight will break out between Georgia and Mizzou at the half, with coaches involved.   :o

TNhawgfan

The spread is 17. Seems pretty close to me. I'll go with cats by 14
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2017, 12:51:43 pm
I predict a fight will break out between Georgia and Mizzou at the half, with coaches involved.   :o

SEC road teams leading early.  A trend starting?   

hawgfan4life

I predict an abundance of threads and posts about how MA can't coach, our offense is pitiful, we failed in recruiting, etc...

If we lose, it will be a lot worse than that!

alohawg

82-66 uk, but not this close as they clear the bench towards the end.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Dominicanhog

Kentucky's worst home loss in history.. :razorback: 83  UK 61

razorpimp

We are taken to the woodshed early!!!

Hogs - 68
Cats - 94

No defense and 7-35 from 3 by the Hogs

jjdlc

Macon gets in Monk's head leading him to shoot 15%,  he keeps chuckin it though trying to show up Arkansas.  Kingsley has 20 rebounds.  Dusty pulls a repeat of his game from the SEC tourney last year, except the rest of the team does enough on offense for us to come out ahead.

At least the way it happened in my dream 😜.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Hogs 75

uk 72

We are their nemesis.

root_hawg

Letsroll1200

hawginbigd1

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2017, 12:14:12 pm
If a couple of our guys get hot, anything can happen. Hogs win, 80-76.
Like it.........but

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 07, 2017, 10:37:17 am
Kentucky 91
Arkansas  72

This is more likely

toxichog

Basketball is a game of matchups and tempo........we don't matchup well with this Kentucky team....mainly because they love to play at our tempo.......UK 96.....UA 72

PonderinHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 07, 2017, 03:01:33 pm
Like it.........but

This is more likely
I know.   ;D

But you never know...    :razorback:

PonderinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 07, 2017, 01:01:07 pm
SEC road teams leading early.  A trend starting?
MSU 43 - LSU 27  2:08 left 1st half  at LSU

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2017, 03:11:54 pm
MSU 43 - LSU 27  2:08 left  at LSU

Home teams played with intensity in 2nd halves of early games.  Not watching this one. Still think SC is our comp for 3rd.   

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

A&M has 50 turnovers in last 2 games + 16 v Tenn. 

Piney Woods Rooter

Got to play better defense to make it competitive

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: revolution on January 07, 2017, 10:08:56 am
Cats 96
Hogs 65

I'm going in with low expectations so as not to be disappointed or frustrated.  If you could tell me right now that we'd lose by 20 but Monk would score less than 10, I'd probably find some solace in that.

Sorry to be such a pessimist!  I'll be watching and hoping.  GO HOGS!

We won't score well and they will. It happens even to good teams in tough road games. This will be a very tough road game. They will be at an emotional peak. Just watch.
[CENSORED]!

TheRazorback500

101-77 bad guys. Somebody we're not thinking of will go off. Briscoe and/or Willis come to mind.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

BoarnSupremacy

85 to 72 Cats sounds about right but who knows?

Hogeye_Pierce

UK 101 UA 55

Monk scores 50 all by himself.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

yraciv

UK 84 - Arkansas 70 - I'd take the Hogs and the points

Arbonnejen

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 07, 2017, 01:02:12 pm
I predict an abundance of threads and posts about how MA can't coach, our offense is pitiful, we failed in recruiting, etc...

If we lose, it will be a lot worse than that!

You're so right. I'll just skim over those posts. Read them all before...

yraciv

Such a doom and gloom crowd. Let's run through some UK home game scores this season.
SF Austin 87-64
UCLA 92-97 Loss
Valpo 87-63
A&M 100-58

Thats the only decent programs they've faced this year. Yes they just blew the doors off A&M. I think it will be hard to click like that for another 40 consecutive minutes, although I feel talent wins ou.

BoarnSupremacy

With that info I will revise score to 85 t 75 Cats but who knows?

Letsroll1200

F*** Kentucky and anybody that's riding with cheating Cal!!

RaisinHog

Pancetta

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 07, 2017, 05:31:30 pm
This is stupid
It's actually not. I would be more surprised if Monk had less than 30 than if he had 50.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta