Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daniel Bryan out. A work or legit?

Started by Jim, May 13, 2015, 08:47:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Anyone see RAW Monday night?  DB relinquished the IC title (a perfect opp for Neville to become something) due to medical issues.  Though he never said specifically what those issues are, one has to wonder if this is another Shawn Michaels "I lost my smile" bit or if there is a legit injury concern that'll keep him out of the ring for good.

zane

Think it's legit- lingering neck issues
RIP LSUfan

The_Iceman

Legit. WWE dodged a bullet not putting all their chips behind the fragile Daniel Bryan again.

Jim

I think I'm leaning that way too.  I don't know that I could see him swerving so many of the fans with a "spectacular return" toward a championship run...kinda like the idea of Cena doing a CHT.  Too much good will invested to throw it all away.  I know his neck has been a huge concern and maybe he & Brie have decided if they ever wanna start a family, he needs to be around to see his kids.

Probably the best decision for him as a person.

Doug

Appears to be legit.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2461990-evaluating-options-for-daniel-bryan-to-continue-wwe-career-in-non-wrestling-role

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/daniel-bryan-gives-up-intercontinental-championship-belt-says-he-may-never-wrestle-again

Quote from: The_IcemanLegit. WWE dodged a bullet not putting all their chips behind the fragile Daniel Bryan again.
You know, I really hate comments like this. I wish you would step up and strap up. Go through some damn training, go do a some local indy shows. See just how "easy" it is to get ahead in this business.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

The_Iceman

Quote from: Doug on May 13, 2015, 09:11:48 am
You know, I really hate comments like this. I wish you would step up and strap up. Go through some damn training, go do a some local indy shows. See just how "easy" it is to get ahead in this business.

He was just coming off a pretty serious injury, but the Bryan fans went crazy wanting him to win the Rumble and take down Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania. He rushed back, won the IC Championship, only to get hurt again.

What if Bryan and WWE had waited until after the Royal Rumble to bring him back? Let him fully heal and get a fresh start. Instead, Bryan's appearance threw everything off and most of the storylines have felt out of place ever since. A lot of momentum other stars were build went to Bryan.

I liked watching DB. But his fans drove me crazy. They believed he should be pushed like The Rock and Stone Cold every PPV and every Match.

Eddie Goodson

I am a Daniel Bryan mark and my beef is with a stiff working Sheamus who has hurt almost every person he has worked with since returning.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

jbcarol

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/reality-bites-daniel-bryan-adam-rose-and-heartbreak-in-pro-wrestling

Quote...They kept the news hush-hush, and Bryan teased it out a bit in the ring, but it didn't feel exploitative. It felt, well, real. Maybe WWE learned something from E:60 after all — tell us the truth, and worry about the story lines later.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

husker71

totally legit IMHO   and working with stiff opposition is what gives good workers nightmares  I listen and watch wrestlers shooting on Youtube and it is really interesting and scary to hear how they were hurt   most injuries seem to be caused by the other guy not being able to work well with others