Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Macho Man HOF

Started by Hogwop, January 12, 2015, 09:35:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwop

So it's official, Macho Man will be inducted into the WWE HOF later this year. Hulk Hogan to induct him.

Not really sure how I feel about it, since Randy said he didn't want anything to do with it, but he definitely deserves to be there.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

hawkhawg

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

who knows

Wonder if his brother will be there?
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

hvsupastar

Randy wanted in, he just wanted to be inducted as a family.  Lets face it, leaping Lanny isn't exactly Hall of Fame material.  But the WWE Hall of Fame couldn't be  legitimate without the macho man.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Hogwop

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 13, 2015, 08:07:43 am
Randy wanted in, he just wanted to be inducted as a family.  Lets face it, leaping Lanny isn't exactly Hall of Fame material.  But the WWE Hall of Fame couldn't be  legitimate without the macho man.

My understanding was if the Poffo family wasn't going to be inducted then Randy didn't want in, I could be wrong though (believe it or not, it's happened before). I know Lanny said he doesn't care, just induct him, so I guess if it's okay with his family then I really shouldn't care one way or the other. It's a shame we won't get to see his induction speech though, you know it would have been entertaining.

What do you think about the Hulkster inducting him?
Pigga what?!

hvsupastar

Quote from: Hogwop on January 13, 2015, 03:54:18 pm
My understanding was if the Poffo family wasn't going to be inducted then Randy didn't want in, I could be wrong though (believe it or not, it's happened before). I know Lanny said he doesn't care, just induct him, so I guess if it's okay with his family then I really shouldn't care one way or the other. It's a shame we won't get to see his induction speech though, you know it would have been entertaining.

What do you think about the Hulkster inducting him?

No you're exactly right. That's what I was trying to say. I was just saying leaping Lanny really isn't worthy IMO, Angelo Poffo could be a stretch too.

On Hulk I don't have a problem, since he had so much to do with his career. But I hope that they did at least ask Lanny first, he'd give an amazing speech. I'm assuming they did but he probably thought he'd be too emotional.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

hawkhawg

Was there ever a wrestler whose girl got him in more trouble. It seemed like every feud he ever had was because of Miss Elizabeth.

Hogwop

My guess is that they did approach Lanny for the induction and he declined, but I'm just basing that on the fact that he doesn't seem to give a flip one way or the other.

I guess Hogan inducting him makes sense if they couldn't get Lanny, and Hogan says they were on good terms when he passed, but I don't know if that's accurate or not. Oh well, I can't really think of anyone else who would make sense other than those 2.

Also, I agree that Lanny doesn't belong and I don't really think Angelo would either.
Pigga what?!

hvsupastar

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 13, 2015, 11:16:42 pm
Was there ever a wrestler whose girl got him in more trouble. It seemed like every feud he ever had was because of Miss Elizabeth.

Have you seen his dvd? He was crazy paranoid over her

HogScoutMaster

No one more Deserving.  Of course I am a MidSouth Wrasslin fan and never knew anything of WWF for many years.

Loved Savage, as well as all the Classics. 
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."