Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New skyboxes at Bud Walton

Started by jnhogs, May 01, 2007, 09:17:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jnhogs

They announced they are adding some new skyboxes to Bud... anyone have any idea how much they cost?

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I'm gonna guess way more than I have.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Torqued pork

I understand the money part of it, but more luxury boxes will do nothing for the noise level and atmosphere.

razorhog3

i dont see how there is room for 12 new boxes. any ideas??

mikeirwin

Quote from: razorhog3 on May 01, 2007, 10:43:01 pm
In the original design of Bud Walton in order to meet the building code they had to leave spaces for a boat load of wheelchair fans. Way more than anyone believed they would have. So they left luxury boxes off the east and west sides at the concourse level.
Frank quickly got around that code by moving all wheelchair bound ticket holders to the floor level in front of the student section. He then used the empty spaces on the east and west side to build some cheesy box seats which have been there ever since. Those box seats will be removed and luxury boxes will be put where they should have been in the first place.

The Boar War

I wish they would move the student section so that it would encircle the court like it did back in Barnhill.  As it is now the students are tucked way over in the corner.  They are hardly ever on tv and it doesn't help the atmosphere.  IMO it would be better if they were closer to the court.

Since 1894

I spoke to Coach Horton yesterday on this.

They will have boxes for 12 people for $ 22,500 + the price of your tickets.
They will have boxes for 18 people for $ 30,000 + the price of your tickets.

Of those monies, $ 7,500 goes to the foundation and is tax deductable.  Of the remaining amounts, only 70 % is tax deductable.

Be Good
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 01, 2007, 11:01:51 pm
In the original design of Bud Walton in order to meet the building code they had to leave spaces for a boat load of wheelchair fans. Way more than anyone believed they would have. So they left luxury boxes off the east and west sides at the concourse level.
Frank quickly got around that code by moving all wheelchair bound ticket holders to the floor level in front of the student section. He then used the empty spaces on the east and west side to build some cheesy box seats which have been there ever since. Those box seats will be removed and luxury boxes will be put where they should have been in the first place.

Mike, is the offical capacity of BWA going to be increased?  If I'm correct, BWA has had the same offical capacity (19200) since the day it opened; I don't believe official capacity was ever adjusted upwards after the cheesy box seats you meantioned got put in, the same as how the temp stands on top of the SEZ aren't included in RRS's official capacity.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

razorhog3

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 01, 2007, 11:01:51 pm

oh..okay. thanks