Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cessna Pilots Association

Started by gotyacovered, October 11, 2011, 11:29:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

anyone a member?

at $55/year i was curious if it was worth it.
You are what you tolerate.

theFlyingHog

I can't say I've heard of it... lol

gotyacovered

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 11, 2011, 11:52:51 am
I can't say I've heard of it... lol

i havent until today, saw a post on aopa about it, said it was a must if you owned a cessna.

bvillepig

The best forum that I have found is the Cirrus Owners and Pilots group. A little more expensive but it has a wealth of info. I mainly read but it is very active.

I will ask my two Cessna buddies as they both belong to the Cessna forum. 

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on October 11, 2011, 02:58:06 pm
The best forum that I have found is the Cirrus Owners and Pilots group. A little more expensive but it has a wealth of info. I mainly read but it is very active.

I will ask my two Cessna buddies as they both belong to the Cessna forum. 

please do... i hear it is the 2nd step after buying a Cessna, for some reason i dont want to come off $55 to find out.

bvillepig

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 11, 2011, 04:49:57 pm
please do... i hear it is the 2nd step after buying a Cessna, for some reason i dint want to come off $55 to find out.

For what its worth My 182 buddy did belong to both the Cessna Owners forum and the Cessna Pilots association. He did let the Cessna Pilots Association lapse because he liked the other one better.  Did not really have anything negative to say about either. I wish I could give you more but thats about it.

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on October 13, 2011, 03:45:02 pm
For what its worth My 182 buddy did belong to both the Cessna Owners forum and the Cessna Pilots association. He did let the Cessna Pilots Association lapse because he liked the other one better.  Did not really have anything negative to say about either. I wish I could give you more but thats about it.

thanks, i will see if i can live w/o it ;D

Flying Razorback

Maybe I'll join if I can convince someone here to partner with me in buying a Cessna Corvalis TTx!

Anyone interested?  Ha.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

bvillepig

I know the guys pretty well at Mid Continent the Cessna dealer in SE Missouri. Right after Cessna bought Columbia aircraft a demo showed up and they flew it down to the old air force base here in Blytheville to show it. I got to do a 1 hour demo left seat in a Corvalis.

It was a blast. It is a little Rocket. Pretty easy transition to the side stick.

Having flown both the Cirrus and the Corvalis it would be a hard choice if someone decided to give me one.

gotyacovered

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 13, 2011, 03:54:20 pm
Maybe I'll join if I can convince someone here to partner with me in buying a Cessna Corvalis TTx!

Anyone interested?  Ha.

will you consider a student pilot? haha.

that is a joke, not only the student pilot part, but, i bought my 182 35 days ago.

Flying Razorback

I wish I could afford to buy anything.  I got an itch after reading here and went to the Cessna website.  I shouldn't have done that.  I left depressed when I realized I couldn't afford a Turbo 182 or Corvalis TTx, ha.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

theFlyingHog

October 13, 2011, 10:26:25 pm #11 Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:29:00 pm by theFlyingHog
Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 13, 2011, 03:54:20 pm

Anyone interested?  Ha.
You had me at Cessna and lost me at Corvalis! I've been thinking a lot about investing in an older 182 or maybe 172RG and slowly upgrading the avionics. Some day.....

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 13, 2011, 09:53:10 pm
I wish I could afford to buy anything.  I got an itch after reading here and went to the Cessna website.  I shouldn't have done that.  I left depressed when I realized I couldn't afford a Turbo 182 or Corvalis TTx, ha.
I spend too much time on Controller.com.  And then my uncle will email me ads for Piper twins asking if he should buy it. Um, yes

gotyacovered

alright, bit the bullet, paid my $55 and joined. at first glance i would for sure say it is going to be worth it.

they have it broken down by model and i think it is going to be a good resource.

you should see the ROP and LOP discussions on that board :o

bvillepig

Same way on the other aviation forums.  It is defiantly a discussion that some people will become passionate about.

I have an an opinion but    " I also know what an opinion is. "

Glad you like the forum.  If it is active it will be worth a lot.

gotyacovered

October 27, 2011, 04:10:29 pm #14 Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:28:20 pm by gotyacovered
the forum layout is way out of date, and hard to navigate, but i like it so far. found several mods i already want to do, just need more $$$!