Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

100LL

Started by gotyacovered, October 06, 2011, 04:44:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

was looking at the airport overview for Drake and saw that self serve is $4.47 :o

i am paying $5.99 at my home base. guess these small FBO's just dont get enough volume  ???

what are you guys paying for self serve? or am i the only one who self serves :-\
You are what you tolerate.

ADAM_713

I self serve often.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

fdx flyer

I paid $4.98 at Gen DeWitt Spain airport here in Memphis yesterday.  The closest that's ever any lower than that is Kennett, MO.  I think it's around $4.50 right now.   It's in the MO boothill.  If I'm ever coming from that direction, I always fill up there.   Check out airnav.com for good fuel prices in your area.

bvillepig

I use Kennett   4.59  right now           KTKX

gotyacovered

ADAM_713

true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: IdontgiveAdam_713 on October 06, 2011, 10:27:56 pm
Little Tavern humor.

Maybe we should make this the secret Tavern.

There I go, I'll be losing my green stars just as fast as I got them...
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Ragnar Hogbrok

In southeast GA, the going rate is $4.90 for Jet A, and $5.18 for full service AVGAS.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ADAM_713

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 06, 2011, 10:40:29 pm
Maybe we should make this the secret Tavern.

There I go, I'll be losing my green stars just as fast as I got them...

It's the flight club. 
true story...

gotyacovered

Quote from: wocraig on October 06, 2011, 11:28:26 pm
$5.18 for full service AVGAS.

WOW.... the cheapest full service i have seen is around 6.59! and you are getting it cheaper than my self serve!!!

theFlyingHog

October 10, 2011, 07:48:42 pm #10 Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:37:13 pm by gotyacovered
One of the guys at Million Air told me that the self-serve at the other facility has a reputation for contamination. I personally doubt that quite a bit, but I always feel better sumping very carefully no matter where I got the fuel. It's frustratingly common at Central for the trainers to sit overnight with 1/4 tanks and gather a lot of condensation.

And burning off the mags is standard practice during the run-up checks because people don't seem to lean the dang mix!