Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Flying Board

Started by Flying Razorback, October 04, 2011, 11:29:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

Based on the "Drake Field" thread in MMQB.  We thought it would be a great idea to have a place to discuss all things flying and help with coordination for game fly-ins.

Feel free to kick back and share your best trips, planned trips, "There I was..." stories, experiences, news, and anything else.  If you're looking for advice or networking this would be the place to visit while perusing Hogville.

Welcome to the flying board!
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

GolfnHog

FlyingRzrbkAF does the PM I sent to you work for you this weekend?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Flying Razorback

Quote from: TxRzrbak on October 04, 2011, 01:58:53 pm
FlyingRzrbkAF does the PM I sent to you work for you this weekend?

Hey I just saw that one too and will send a PM in a minute!

El Guapo

the fact that i started a thread that became a new board topic... I feel like a true hogvillian!

This is the greatest day of my pseudo-internet life!
"If I could rest anywhere it would be Arkansaw where the man of the real-horse, half alligator-breed such as grows no where else on the face of the universal earth" Davey Crockett 1834

FaytownHog

This is awesome! Glad they made a forum for it! Looking forward to keeping up with everyone and their flying adventures!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: texas hawg on October 04, 2011, 02:43:15 pm
the fact that i started a thread that became a new board topic... I feel like a true hogvillian!

This is the greatest day of my pseudo-internet life!

I know, I was just reading back through to find people who might be interestd and I thought the same thing.  Kind of impressive that this Drake Field thread became it's own board.  You drew out quite a few pilots and aviation buffs on the board and there's probably tons more still lurking out there.

theFlyingHog

Gas Can

Thanks for the new forum....great idea!

gotyacovered

You are what you tolerate.

AR_dustoff

fdx flyer

This is great!  Now Hogville can be one stop internet shopping for me.   Flying and the Hogs - what more could you want??

gotyacovered

Quote from: fdx flyer on October 04, 2011, 04:15:13 pm
This is great!  Now Hogville can be one stop internet shopping for me.   Flying and the Hogs - what more could you want??

speaking of one stop shopping i am now looking at audio panels thanks to you!!!

bvillepig

Looking forward to this. A Flying Pig Forum.   Awesome !!! 

Saratoga
N432Kc

GolfnHog

October 04, 2011, 05:49:44 pm #13 Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:52:39 pm by TxRzrbak
Well, I'll be the resident lurker! I, like FaytownHog, just love anything about aviation. Sorta been around it all my life just never had the chance to "chase the dream". Best friend of 35 years retired out of the Navy as a pilot and now is w/ SWA.

Lotta "greek" language but the more I read the more I learn. Cool forum. Good job to my boy FlyRzrkAF for getting this off the ground. (and since I'll be in the way some, I'll be the coffee grunt and retrieve it for the real men!)
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Gas Can

gotyacovered

Quote from: Gas Can on October 04, 2011, 08:45:16 pm
yup...with the 400hp engine!

I rode in one when I was (guessing) 6, in my dads lap. AWESOME. would love to see a pic of the hole thing sometime.

Flying Razorback

One of my dream flights is in a Stearman.  I'm jealous.

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Gas Can

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 04, 2011, 08:53:44 pm
I rode in one when I was (guessing) 6, in my dads lap. AWESOME. would love to see a pic of the hole thing sometime.

I changed my avi

Gas Can

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 04, 2011, 09:02:38 pm
One of my dream flights is in a Stearman.  I'm jealous.

we did about everything a stearman can do...barrel rolls, loops, tailslides, and of course the hammerhead which is pretty amazing in an open cockpit!

jbcarol

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 04, 2011, 11:29:08 am
Based on the "Drake Field" thread in MMQB.  We thought it would be a great idea to have a place to discuss all things flying and help with coordination for game fly-ins.

Feel free to kick back and share your best trips, planned trips, "There I was..." stories, experiences, news, and anything else.  If you're looking for advice or networking this would be the place to visit while perusing Hogville.

Welcome to the flying board!

Congrats on the new forum!  Great job on the Drake Field thread.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Ragnar Hogbrok

I think this forum is a great idea.  Especially as it pertains to networking our knowledge, experience, and assets.

Doing a short cross-country flight from KSVN to KAYS (Waycross, GA) today if anyone's going to be in the area.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ADAM_713

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

gotyacovered

Quote from: Gas Can on October 04, 2011, 10:49:45 pm
we did about everything a stearman can do...barrel rolls, loops, tailslides, and of course the hammerhead which is pretty amazing in an open cockpit!

that is a beautiful airplane. aside from flying one, i just love to hear em!!!

El Guapo

Quote from: Gas Can on October 04, 2011, 10:49:45 pm

Did you by chance fly into drake in that cold rain on the day of the Troy game and fuel up?
"If I could rest anywhere it would be Arkansaw where the man of the real-horse, half alligator-breed such as grows no where else on the face of the universal earth" Davey Crockett 1834

Gas Can

El Guapo

Quote from: Gas Can on October 05, 2011, 12:48:20 pm
KORK its a friend's plane

I am almost positive this bird came in behind us at drake the saturday of the Troy game.

Gas Can

Quote from: texas hawg on October 05, 2011, 01:22:41 pm
I am almost positive this bird came in behind us at drake the saturday of the Troy game.

That's entirely possible...I wasn't flying it, it belongs to a friend of mine.

ADAM_713

October 05, 2011, 02:27:19 pm #28 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:20:06 pm by gotyacovered
Quote from: Gas Can on October 05, 2011, 12:48:20 pm
KORK its a friend's plane

I know I have seen that out before.  Beautiful airplane. 

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.