Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What are the odds that Tiger...

Started by Iwastherein1969, February 03, 2017, 05:33:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

wins another tournament, wins an important tournament, say the Players Championship or any of the FedEx tournaments at the end of the season (if he qualifies) or any Major for the rest of his career....I'd lay 1 to win 5 that he wins a tournament somewhere with actual professionals in it, I'd lay 1 to win 200 that he wins the Players Championship and as far as a major, I say there is no chance in hell at any course besides Augusta where he may have some sort of flashback to 1997 one year and I'd lay 1 to win 750 that Tiger can pull that off.  Something tells me Tiger has one more run in him in a major. Maybe its because I just got through watching Roger Federer turn back time in a sport that is much harder on the body than golf by beating his arch rival, Rafael Nadal. Who knows ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Boarcephus

Never heard of anyone ever getting the yips in Tennis and Tiger has them in spades so I'd say no way in hell does he ever win a meaningful tournament. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Dillar Dog

Of course you would.  I would too.  I'd do it every year just in case.

MikePiazza

Rory said Tiger was a lot closer than people think to being very competitive again. I think it was a minor setback. There was no reason for him to continue the tournament and aggravate the back spasms even worse if he wants to play the more important tournaments.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

GolfNut57

How old was Nicklaus when he won the Masters in 86? If he can do it I suppose Woods might pull off a miracle and win one more major title. But win enough to surpass, or even tie Nicklaus at 18 major titles? No way in hell that happens.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

MikePiazza

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 03, 2017, 08:48:05 pm
How old was Nicklaus when he won the Masters in 86? If he can do it I suppose Woods might pull off a miracle and win one more major title. But win enough to surpass, or even tie Nicklaus at 18 major titles? No way in hell that happens.

46 I believe.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Iwastherein1969

Eldrick played one full round and one hole so the Arabs would be obligated to pay Woods his 'appearance fee' money which I"m sure falls somewhere in the 7 figures. Classy guy, eh ? Not that I care about taking money from a bunch of uber-rich towel heads. I'd guess that's the last appearance fee money Woods will ever receive, unless people show up in droves just to watch him blow up once again. I can see the gambling establishments in England laying odds, not on whether he wins or not but on which ailment is the cause for him to with draw....Back spasms (even money)    Wrist problems (7/2)  Left Knee (4-1)   Right knee (9-2)  Stumped toe (12-1)  Nervous Breakdown (20-1),  Ambien overdose (50-1) and the longest shot of all Tiger lays down in the fetal position begging for a baby bottle of bacon grease (28,500-1)
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hawgon

I think Tiger would do a lot better if he pulled a Hogan and basically retired and just played the majors, and maybe not all of them, every year. 

What does he have to lose and what can a regular tournament do for Tiger?  Quit and play the majors until he is 60.  I think there would be a lot better chance of him discovering the old magic one weekend doing that than taking the mind fricking he takes when he tries to play a regular tournament these days.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 05, 2017, 03:08:36 pm
Eldrick played one full round and one hole so the Arabs would be obligated to pay Woods his 'appearance fee' money which I"m sure falls somewhere in the 7 figures. Classy guy, eh ? Not that I care about taking money from a bunch of uber-rich towel heads. I'd guess that's the last appearance fee money Woods will ever receive, unless people show up in droves just to watch him blow up once again. I can see the gambling establishments in England laying odds, not on whether he wins or not but on which ailment is the cause for him to with draw....Back spasms (even money)    Wrist problems (7/2)  Left Knee (4-1)   Right knee (9-2)  Stumped toe (12-1)  Nervous Breakdown (20-1),  Ambien overdose (50-1) and the longest shot of all Tiger lays down in the fetal position begging for a baby bottle of bacon grease (28,500-1)

You left out "concussion from female wielding 7 iron" (2-1)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 03, 2017, 08:48:05 pm

Even though he was only playing 13-15 events per season, Nickaus had 11 top three finishes in the three years before his 1986 Masters win.  He played 44 PGA Tour events and finished 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in 25% of them.

Tiger has ONE top ten finish in the last three and one-half years...a tie for 10th at the Wyndham in 2015, played the week after the PGA and a week before the start of the FedEx Cup playoffs when most of the top players stayed at home.

Crap, Tiger hasn't won a major in NINE YEARS.  He's not going to win another one.  Of course his every start has to be hyped as if he is going to return to past glory in hopes that people will tune in to watch, but he's finished.  Stick a fork in him.  He's done.