Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 31, 2014, 11:32:26 am
Chuckie keeton is one of the premiere qb's in the country. Utah state is seasoned while UT us relying on freshman. Top notch freshman mind you, but youth nonetheless.  I think the Aggies can win outright. Keeton is that good.

I agree, but he's lost everyone he can throw too along with ther D front seven and I think RB too. So I'm stuck!  Haha

I did just add some Baylor bets.  Baylor 1H -20.5 1unit

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 31, 2014, 11:47:12 am
I agree, but he's lost everyone he can throw too along with ther D front seven and I think RB too. So I'm stuck!  Haha

I did just add some Baylor bets.  Baylor 1H -20.5 1unit

How bout this then....Tennessee falls into the folliwing trend that's hitting at about 80%

A home team in the first month of the season, after closing out last season with 4 or more losses in last 5 game s, with 5 offensive starters returning are just 10-35 ATS over the last 10 years.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 31, 2014, 01:33:06 pm
How bout this then....Tennessee falls into the folliwing trend that's hitting at about 80%

A home team in the first month of the season, after closing out last season with 4 or more losses in last 5 game s, with 5 offensive starters returning are just 10-35 ATS over the last 10 years.

I placed bets about 10 minutes ago you jerk!  haha.  I took the O at 49 points for the game and took tenner -2.5 in the 1H.  I think it may take U state a bit to get started, in front of 100,000.  I think tenner can lead by 3 at half at home, then the QB for Ustate may take over, may not.  All this being said, I need baylor to blow SMU -21.5 in 1H and -33.5 for the game. 

SPAL

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 31, 2014, 04:09:22 pm
SMU u76    1.5 units

Where did you find that kind of number????  You sure on that?  Most SMU/Tenner O/U were around 50?

jkstock04

Looks like everyone had a pretty good weekend on the betting front. Good deal there...I did pretty good too up +5 unit wise. Added a 3 unit bet on Tennessee -4.5 hopefully it holds up.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 27, 2014, 10:24:42 am
My big one for this weekend:  Tennersee -6

They'll beat Utah State by double digits, imo.

Tennersee is young, but talented.  As long as the young/new guys don't play like it is the 1st time they've ever played football before, I think they'll be too much for Utah State.  Utah State does return Chuckie Keeton, but I think his talents will be mitigated by Tennersee's defensive line.

BOOM!

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 31, 2014, 07:51:51 pm
Where did you find that kind of number????  You sure on that?  Most SMU/Tenner O/U were around 50?

My book is BetUS. I assure you that's the numbers I got. Where did you get 50?

SPAL

SPAL

Spikes

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

McKdaddy

"@BruceFeldmanCFB: Wow #Vols played 21 true freshmen today & 45% of UT players in game were making their college debuts"

Wow, indeed.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

onebadrubi

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 01, 2014, 05:16:15 am
"@BruceFeldmanCFB: Wow #Vols played 21 true freshmen today & 45% of UT players in game were making their college debuts"

Wow, indeed.

I had 4 bets on the Tenner game, won 3/4.  Only one I lost was the O at 49.  If Utah st could have scored another 7 in that game I would have won 5 units on that game alone.  Thanks to Tenner and Baylor I dug myself out of my USC e and Arkansas holes. 

Now lets discuss Louisville and Miami.  Also their are some really good lines right now for next weekend.  I'll compile a list shortly, but a couple game sticking out to me are Arizona -7, Missouri -6, and duke -18.5, Auburn -30.

McKdaddy

1-5 on Thu & Fri games
8-2 on Sat & Sun games
....that's betting for you, ha.

9-7 overall

onebadrubi

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 01, 2014, 07:07:46 am
1-5 on Thu & Fri games
8-2 on Sat & Sun games
....that's betting for you, ha.

9-7 overall

Hmm I only look at the money side, let me count my record.

21-20 with losing my two largest bets. 
2-5 on parlay which I actually made money on. Also lost a nice parlay by 3 point over.  Got a nice parlay hanging in the balance as we speak with Baylor -20.5 first half (won) and Louisville -3 for the game. 

Also threw in a little golf bet.  2-0 on golf for .5 unit, but will lose .5 unit today to take that back to even, unless Kuchar screws the pooch (pleeeeassseeeeee).

McKdaddy

I didn't have the sack to pull the trigger on WVU +26. I talked it up to any bettor that would listen hoping someone would reinforce my opinion. None did, so I didn't act.
It wasn't Bama's O that was the problem, which is where I thought they'd struggle based on continuing reports from Bama beat writers nearly since Lane came onboard. Instead, it was their D that continues to struggle against up-tempo, spread offenses.

#NoGutsNoGlory
#ShouldaCouldaWoulda

McKdaddy

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 01, 2014, 07:08:37 am
Hmm I only look at the money side, let me count my record.

I should look more at the money side. My betting units are so small that I've not bothered to do so. A tracking app I use tells me what money side is, but I only look at the W-L record.

onebadrubi

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 01, 2014, 07:12:11 am
I didn't have the sack to pull the trigger on WVU +26. I talked it up to any bettor that would listen hoping someone would reinforce my opinion. None did, so I didn't act.
It wasn't Bama's O that was the problem, which is where I thought they'd struggle based on continuing reports from Bama beat writers nearly since Lane came onboard. Instead, it was their D that continues to struggle against up-tempo, spread offenses.

#NoGutsNoGlory
#ShouldaCouldaWoulda

I stayed away from that game completely.  Wish I hadn't, but did.  I will say this though, their QB (WVU) showed they will score some points.  The Big 12 may be a league to be taking the O in all year long.  Will be interesting to see if Baylor QB is alright.  He hurt himself in the first half last night and they couldn't move the ball without him

onebadrubi

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 01, 2014, 07:14:13 am
I should look more at the money side. My betting units are so small that I've not bothered to do so. A tracking app I use tells me what money side is, but I only look at the W-L record.

Ha, I'm not doing it for the record.  I'm trying to make some coin!

McKdaddy

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 01, 2014, 07:19:40 am
Will be interesting to see if Baylor QB is alright.  He hurt himself in the first half last night and they couldn't move the ball without him

True

SPAL

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 01, 2014, 07:20:24 am
Ha, I'm not doing it for the record.  I'm trying to make some coin!

If you have a sound strategy,  your bankroll should reflect your record.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 01, 2014, 11:28:16 am
If you have a sound strategy,  your bankroll should reflect your record.

Oh I agree, I just had to scramble some small last minute bets during A&M/USC dubacle, vandy crapfest, and then lost a nickel on the Hogs.  So being even close back to even after those and a pretty even record, I'm happy. 

If Louisville does what I think to a freshman Miami QB tonight then I will be sitting nice. 

I know I'm new to this thread.  What do you guys think about throwing up some early lines and discussing?  Or are yall trying to simply keep this thread as what you picked and record? 

widespreadsooie

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 01, 2014, 07:01:16 am
I had 4 bets on the Tenner game, won 3/4.  Only one I lost was the O at 49.  If Utah st could have scored another 7 in that game I would have won 5 units on that game alone.  Thanks to Tenner and Baylor I dug myself out of my USC e and Arkansas holes. 

Now lets discuss Louisville and Miami.  Also their are some really good lines right now for next weekend.  I'll compile a list shortly, but a couple game sticking out to me are Arizona -7, Missouri -6, and duke -18.5, Auburn -30.

I really like K St -12 @ IA St

onebadrubi

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 01, 2014, 11:41:41 am
I really like K St -12 @ IA St

I don't know enough about either team, didn't watch this past weekend either.  An image that sticks in the back of my mind though, Iowa state always pulls out a game a year at home that they shouldnt. 

McKdaddy

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 01, 2014, 11:39:44 am

What do you guys think about throwing up some early lines and discussing?  Or are yall trying to simply keep this thread as what you picked and record? 

I'd love to discuss some lines, whether betting them or not. We are open to whatever.

The ONLY rule in this thread is to post your picks before the game IF possible. What drives us crazy is the 1 dude each year that comes on here on Monday, stating that he went 12-2 and didn't post his picks ahead of time. Nobody EVER comes here after a crappy weekend, going 2-6, and posts that he went 2-6, if he didn't post picks beforehand. Actually, I did this once last year, just to prove to myself that it is possible for someone to do it, ha. But generally speaking, I've yet to see anyone that didn't post their picks ahead of time, come on here afterwards and post a bad weekend.

onebadrubi

These are some notables I pulled this morning, some I already listed. 

Arizona -7 @ UTSA .... Arizona should light up UTSA, I can't believe it's only -7 to the point I'm scared I am missing something big. 

Mizzou -6 vs Toledo.... Mizzou with Maulk should cover a -6 point spread all day long. 

Tenner -17 vs Astate.... Astate new coach, have no clue how they stand.  I think tenner got a bigger line than they probably should have just because of this past weekend.  Probably will cover, but like the Mizzoue and Arizona line better. 

Miss st -29 vs UAB.  That's a big spread for Miss st IMO, but they did route this past weekend.  UAB however showed they had some offense this past weekend. 

Stanford -3 vs USC....  Will USC have the depth to compete vs stanford late?  Did standford return the same QB from last year?

Kentucky -10 vs Ohio... I think this might be a good betting line worth buying it under -10. 

Ole Miss -20 vs Vandy.  Ole miss quick D and should improve the 7 false starts on offense.  I think this is a comfy bet. 

Duke -18.5 vs Troy.  Troy showed against UAB no Defense and no Offense.  Will have to research Duke some, but they showed to be able to score last year?

Auburn -31 vs San Jose st.  Should be a covered spread close to the first half. 

Oklahoma -24.5 vs Tulsa...  Gonna have to research Tulsa, but OK showed to be able to score this past weekend. 

I am sure some of these will move through out the week.  I will probably take some action later tonight after tonights game. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 01, 2014, 11:48:03 am
I'd love to discuss some lines, whether betting them or not. We are open to whatever.

The ONLY rule in this thread is to post your picks before the game IF possible. What drives us crazy is the 1 dude each year that comes on here on Monday, stating that he went 12-2 and didn't post his picks ahead of time. Nobody EVER comes here after a crappy weekend, going 2-6, and posts that he went 2-6, if he didn't post picks beforehand. Actually, I did this once last year, just to prove to myself that it is possible for someone to do it, ha. But generally speaking, I've yet to see anyone that didn't post their picks ahead of time, come on here afterwards and post a bad weekend.

I may be that way from time to time, but it is not intentional.  I make some very late last minute picks, and like this past weekend, I may have multiple small ones running trying to offset a big one going bad!  Hence my 40 bet weekend, well that will probably higher after tonight. 

Currently open I have,

Parlayed Baylor -33 and Louisville -3... 2 units

Louisville -1.5 1H.... 1.5 units

Louisville vs Miami U54 .5 unit. (I think I will regret this bet).

Might stack another unit on Louisville -3, but the line is moving to -3.5 maybe even 4 by game time and I'm not feeling buying a full point there. 

McKdaddy

Mizzou, AZ, and OU games are on my board for next week's action. UTSA has come a long way w/ its fledgling program, but not that far, imo.

McKdaddy

WILL CLINTON

Early leans:

KY -10
SC -16
Mich St +13
Mich +5
UCLA -24
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hawgndaaz

Jeff is going Louisville  -3 2 units and taking 56 over for another 2

edit: i am tailing both bets

yraciv

WILL CLINTON

I just told Jeff I was with him on Louisville, even put down a parlay because of his over bet, but I hate seeing everyone on Louisville. Hope the old hogville curse doesnt rear its head.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 01, 2014, 05:40:06 pm
Jeff is going Louisville  -3 2 units and taking 56 over for another 2

edit: i am tailing both bets

This

McKdaddy

SPAL

Louisville -4    2 units

Waited too long, I wanted this at 3.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 01, 2014, 06:27:17 pm
Louisville -4    2 units

Waited too long, I wanted this at 3.

I don't think it will matter.  I got a feeling it will be 7+ or a loss.  Petrino doesn't have a hocker type, when he doesn't he likes to go for 7 over the sure 3. 

I noted eariler, I regretted taking the under at 49 I believe, I still live by that.  Hopefully I can pick up that in a 2H bet. 

Good luck guys!  Let's hope Petrino finally has a D with charlies guys and for once a top D cordinator. 

SPAL

Spikes

Great week guys!! Hope yall are collecting tomorrow:)
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

onebadrubi

Hope everyone faired well off that Louisville game.  I got lucky and went 6-0 on it with a couple parlay bets on it. 

DadVader1

Colo St. +3  W
Wash -17     L
Utah St. +6  L
N. Tx +25.5  L
Troy +3       L
Fresno +22   L

It looks like last year's trends don't travel well into the current season.   Inexpensive lesson learned. Glad I started small so as not to dig too deep of a hole at the beginning. Started off 1-5 ats and -2 units. 

MS_HogFan

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 02, 2014, 10:46:38 am
Colo St. +3  W
Wash -17     L
Utah St. +6  L
N. Tx +25.5  L
Troy +3       L
Fresno +22   L

It looks like last year's trends don't travel well into the current season.   Inexpensive lesson learned. Glad I started small so as not to dig too deep of a hole at the beginning. Started off 1-5 ats and -2 units. 

That looks exactly like my stat lines every time i bet. LOL
That is why I just read now
SOOIE

onebadrubi

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 02, 2014, 10:57:47 am
Did yall discuss NFL picks last year in here?

We didn't discuss them as involved as we do colkegw, but yes. And we Def posted the ones we played. I personally won't play as many this year. The last 2 years, I've sucked at picking winners. I'll play a couple, but not much more. Actualky, I'm playing less across the board.

yraciv

DadVader1

After a few years of having good Saturdays followed by bad Sundays, I think several of us started shying away from the NFL and sticking more with college.  I'll tail a few of Jeff's NFL plays on a few rare occasions but mainly just stick with college.

Hawgndaaz

Jeff usually picks 2-4 NFL games too. his dime plays were great last year on sundays

widespreadsooie

Other leans:

Pitt -4.5
TN -16
KY -12
AUB -31
MSU +12.5

TN & KSU are looking like for sure plays right now.

widespreadsooie

The Missouri line, which was kind of fishy from the open (-6), has moved to -4.5. Staying away from that.