Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 02, 2014, 09:20:46 pm
The Missouri line, which was kind of fishy from the open (-6), has moved to -4.5. Staying away from that.

Yeah it's moving towards Toledo because of toledo's record beating people there. 

I'm scared of the msu line, and what do you know about the ksu and pit lines?

widespreadsooie

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 02, 2014, 11:29:36 pm
Yeah it's moving towards Toledo because of toledo's record beating people there. 

I'm scared of the msu line, and what do you know about the ksu and pit lines?

I initially lean Pitt because of the way won this past week (60-0, or something wild like that). BC lost their star RB and was still pretty meh with him last season. Gotta love Snyder on K State's sideline against an IA St. team coming off a depressing loss. Also, I think K St. has great offensive weapons in their QB, Waters, and RB, Hubener. 12 looks like a good number to lay in this spot. I'll be delving into the research Thursday night/Friday afternoon to finalize picks.

onebadrubi

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 03, 2014, 07:56:57 am
I initially lean Pitt because of the way won this past week (60-0, or something wild like that). BC lost their star RB and was still pretty meh with him last season. Gotta love Snyder on K State's sideline against an IA St. team coming off a depressing loss. Also, I think K St. has great offensive weapons in their QB, Waters, and RB, Hubener. 12 looks like a good number to lay in this spot. I'll be delving into the research Thursday night/Friday afternoon to finalize picks.

Sold me on Pitt then with such a close line, I'll drop a unit and watch.  I need some action in the earlier time slot anyways. 

A lot of lines are still yet to be released for me, maybe a lot of games won't be on the board this weekend. 

Another thing scaring me is why the Auburn line isn't moving

widespreadsooie

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 03, 2014, 07:59:32 am
Sold me on Pitt then with such a close line, I'll drop a unit and watch.  I need some action in the earlier time slot anyways. 

A lot of lines are still yet to be released for me, maybe a lot of games won't be on the board this weekend. 

Another thing scaring me is why the Auburn line isn't moving

I'll probably be on Pitt too with it being a Friday game, will have to do research before though. 2-4 start has me playing a little more thorough this week. I have AUB at -31 now on my Odds Insider app that uses 5dimes lines. I don't bet through 5dimes but it's an easy way to follow lines on a good sample size throughout the week. My local is generally aligned with 5dimes.

StuartDavin

Just an FYI...that Green Bay line is moving on up. Up to a full +7 on my book. Anyone have a lean on this game?

onebadrubi

Quote from: StuartDavin on September 03, 2014, 10:21:19 am
Just an FYI...that Green Bay line is moving on up. Up to a full +7 on my book. Anyone have a lean on this game?

I've got 1 unit on seahawks -6.5 -110 just because they are at home.  They have one of the loudest and hardest to play at stadiums.

DadVader1

I'm sticking with small plays until I get more data, but here's what I'm doing so far this week, a half unit each on:

Penn St. -14.5
Stanford -3
N. TX -2.5

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 03, 2014, 02:27:06 pm
I'm sticking with small plays until I get more data, but here's what I'm doing so far this week, a half

unit each on:

Penn St. -14.5
Stanford -3
N. TX -2.5

Liking the Penn St. play. Having a change of heart on MSU, looking at Oregon.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 03, 2014, 06:14:03 pm
Liking the Penn St. play. Having a change of heart on MSU, looking at Oregon.

The best info I've gotten re: Oregon v MSU is that Oregon should win the first half, MSU the 3rd qtr, and that Oregon wears them down in the 4th and wins going away.

I have as much reason to believe this, as to discard it, so it will probably be a no bet for me. (I lean Oregon)
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HogFanInBryant

There are 3 plays I love this weekend:

over 54.5 in USC-Stanford (this is my favorite bet of all)
Maryland -12.5 over South Fla
NFL Chicago Bears -7 over Buffalo Bills

onebadrubi

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 03, 2014, 07:25:49 pm
There are 3 plays I love this weekend:

over 54.5 in USC-Stanford (this is my favorite bet of all)
Maryland -12.5 over South Fla
NFL Chicago Bears -7 over Buffalo Bills

The over in the USC/Stanford game at 55 points?  Wow, I don't think I'm taking on that one. 

Bears and Bills does seem like a good bet!  I'm not playing any NFL games as of yet except Seattle -6, KC -3, pit -6, and New Orleans -3. 

So far I am still staying away from the Oregon/MSU game.  May view some first half lines or the O/U.  But not liking the spread options out right now. 

I'm wagering heavy on Washington st and Arizona currently. 

widespreadsooie

Placed three wagers tonight:

Penn St. -14
FL/EMU u54
ORE -12

Looking at two more in KSU (now -11.5) and CSU +10.5. Colorado State's backfield is real with Dee Hart, an Alabama transfer.

SPAL

It was just about this time last year that I made my case for UTSA as 27 point dogs to oklahoma state. I was in the VAST minority, in fact I may have been the only one leaning toward UTSA.  Even Jeff had this as at least a nickel play going with the heavy chalk. 87% of public bets were on state.

The dogs barked and covered at +27.

Bringing that up because I like UTSA again against Arizona.  I wouldn't even be shocked if they win straight up. I'm getting them at +7 as home dogs. I'm hoping that number climbs a little.  Not making it an official play just yet, but it's a strong lean.

By the way, I LOVE this thread  We had some awesome takes the last few years. Hope to see some view points .

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 03, 2014, 09:24:12 pm

By the way, I LOVE this thread  We had some awesome takes the last few years. Hope to see some view points .

I agree.  None of the normal MMQB BS and bickering in here.  It's nice to come in and actually have civil conversations about investing!  Although I feel like I'm donating at the moment. 

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 03, 2014, 09:37:40 pm
I agree.  None of the normal MMQB BS and bickering in here.  It's nice to come in and actually have civil conversations about investing!  Although I feel like I'm donating at the moment. 

My favorite thread on hogville by far.

jkstock04

It was just about this time last year that I made my case for UTSA as 27 point dogs to oklahoma state. I was in the VAST minority, in fact I may have been the only one leaning toward UTSA.  Even Jeff had this as at least a nickel play going with the heavy chalk. 87% of public bets were on state.

Bringing that up because I like UTSA again against Arizona.  I wouldn't even be shocked if they win straight up. I'm getting them at +7 as home dogs. I'm hoping that number climbs a little.  Not making it an official play just yet, but it's a strong lean.

I have been watching that one as well...that line caught my eye. I'm like you though I like UTSA +7.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hollywood hog

The Cowboys were killing them and called the dogs off.  None of us or most of us anyway were aware of the Coker-Gundy relationship.  Normally Gundy woulda just continued to curb stomp that team.  I was obviously on the losing side of this one, too.  And the loser usually has a much better recollection of how the events unfolding than the winner.  And that loss really hurt so I remember it well. 

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: hollywood hog on September 03, 2014, 09:58:37 pm
The Cowboys were killing them and called the dogs off.  None of us or most of us anyway were aware of the Coker-Gundy relationship.  Normally Gundy woulda just continued to curb stomp that team.  I was obviously on the losing side of this one, too.  And the loser usually has a much better recollection of how the events unfolding than the winner.  And that loss really hurt so I remember it well. 

I remember that game. I jumped on the bandwagon myself.

widespreadsooie

By the way, I think it's worthy to note that not a single FL game last season went over 54.

Hawgndaaz

onebadrubi

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 04, 2014, 09:12:33 am
By the way, I think it's worthy to note that not a single FL game last season went over 54.

I'd be scared to take any O in a Florida game.  They can keep someone from scoring and have their best offensive day and not score 14. 

I'm thinking of taking some 1H action on the seahawks too, it was -3 this morning when I looked. 

OnYourToes

Some advice?

Mizzou -3.5 @ Toledo
Does this seem like the world's biggest sucker bet?
It's the Pinkel show!  But it's at Toledo.  I just think it's too good to be true

Some have talked about Arizona @ UTSA +7
I am with the camp who doesn't trust Arizona.  UTSA has been on the rise and it's at their house.

Ole Miss -20 v Vadny
Vandy laid an egg in their opener, at home, against Temple.  I have no faith in them to cover 20 points.
Ole Miss' D should control the game.

Navy @ Temple +3
Did Temple overachieve? Did Navy have an off game against Ohio St?
It's at Temple, after a huge road SEC win. This is as big of a game for Temple as I can remember.

Just my thoughts, a little help?
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

arkfanchip

I went 1-2 last week wasn't good at all. Lucked into my one win.

This week I'm going
Arizona -7
Missouri -3.5
South Alabama -2.5 (my most confident)
Pittsburgh -4
Auburn -29.5
Michigan state plus 13
Michigan  plus 4
Tennessee -16.5
Ulm -14

arkfanchip

DadVader1

I added MO, so that makes it a half unit each on:

Penn St. -14.5
Stanford -3
N. TX -2.5
MO -4

widespreadsooie

Quote from: arkfanchip on September 04, 2014, 11:48:59 am

This week I'm going
Arizona -7
Missouri -3.5
Pittsburgh -4
Auburn -29.5
Michigan state plus 13
Michigan  plus 4
Tennessee -16.5
Ulm -14

You know, I had to look who ULM was even playing and after seeing it's Idaho, I like that play. Idaho is garbage. I would think any team who plays them this season at home wins by 2+ TDs.

widespreadsooie

SPAL

Quote from: OnYourToes on September 04, 2014, 10:01:24 am
Some advice?

Mizzou -3.5 @ Toledo
Does this seem like the world's biggest sucker bet?
It's the Pinkel show!  But it's at Toledo.  I just think it's too good to be true

Some have talked about Arizona @ UTSA +7
I am with the camp who doesn't trust Arizona.  UTSA has been on the rise and it's at their house.

Ole Miss -20 v Vadny
Vandy laid an egg in their opener, at home, against Temple.  I have no faith in them to cover 20 points.
Ole Miss' D should control the game.

Navy @ Temple +3
Did Temple overachieve? Did Navy have an off game against Ohio St?
It's at Temple, after a huge road SEC win. This is as big of a game for Temple as I can remember.

Just my thoughts, a little help?

My advice... Don't touch those games.   Ole miss should cover, so you should be fine there, but those other ones are  fishy. I don't like them. You can read my feelings on UTSA.  I like them quite a bit.

SPAL

Quote from: arkfanchip on September 04, 2014, 11:48:59 am

This week I'm going
Arizona -7
Missouri -3.5
Pittsburgh -4
Auburn -29.5
Michigan state plus 13
Michigan  plus 4
Tennessee -16.5
Ulm -14

If I were you,  I would buy that mizzou line down to 3. At least you push if they only win by 3.

SPAL

September 04, 2014, 12:53:47 pm #6729 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:13:37 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Some were asking about Pitt and BC

I like Pitt big. I think they just have more talent across the board

SPAL

Texas Tech and UTEP o 64 may be a good bet this week.

arkfanchip

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 04, 2014, 12:31:38 pm
If I were you,  I would buy that mizzou line down to 3. At least you push if they only win by 3.

Ok I will. Thanks

yraciv

I grabbed Arizona at -7 all the way back on Tuesday and am making it a 2 unit play.  I know UTSA appears to be a team on the rise, but they don't have 1 proven all conference player at the skill positions.  You know Rich Rod in year 3 is going to be able to score points, and they lit up UNLV last week.  The Alamodome in front of 35,000 is hardly what I'd consider a raucous crowd.  They may keep it close for a half, but I think talent wins out and Zona at least puts up 35 and wins by 17-20.  This isn't a spot where Arizona has a look ahead game next week or has a key injury.

SPAL

I don't have a good feel for tonight's college action.... if I've capped it correctly,  I like UTSA and I might make it a unit play... but not sure at this point.

Green Bay +5.5     2 units

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

SPAL

Line moved to +8 so I'm gonna go ahead and lock it in for a unit. .

UTSA +8    1 unit

Hawgndaaz

WILL CLINTON

Ohio+3.....2*   WIN
Florida St -20.5....1*....LOSS
Wisky +145 1* LOSS
Oregon -53....1* LOSS
Ole Miss -10 v Boise....1* WIN
Penn St +1....1* WIN
Bowling Green -8....1* LOSS
Baylor -34...1* WIN
Louisville -4...1* WIN

2014-2015 season
5-4 (56%) $320 profit 16% ROI Bankroll $2320

Better than starting off this week with a losing record.

SPAL

la20688

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 04, 2014, 04:41:28 pm
Line moved to +8 so I'm gonna go ahead and lock it in for a unit. .

UTSA +8    1 unit
I agree with you on this and Green Bay, only I got GB at +6

UTSA + 8    1 u
Grn Bay +6 1 u

SPAL

Quote from: la20688 on September 04, 2014, 05:26:12 pm

UTSA + 8    1 u
Grn Bay +6 1 u

Cheers

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 04, 2014, 05:22:04 pm
Not bad WC... looking at anything tonight?

Fighting a battle over the College game. I know that Arizona should have better talent, and Rich Rod should have that offense humming. The key for me is how much better UTSA is this year. Last year they lost 38-13, and they don't have their QB back from last year that kept them that close. So while I think UTSA has a chance, I just don't see them being able to hang with Arizona. Still not betting it though. I've realized that if I'm this torn, I would just be betting to have some action, and that got me into a deep hole last year.

I do like the Seahawks tonight. Solid team, with few distractions (I don't consider Sherman a distraction), and great coaching. They should pick up where they left off last year I feel. don't take my word for it though, as I am horrible at capping NFL.

yraciv

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 04, 2014, 05:20:44 pm
Ohio+3.....2*   WIN
Florida St -20.5....1*....LOSS
Wisky +145 1* LOSS
Oregon -53....1* LOSS
Ole Miss -10 v Boise....1* WIN
Penn St +1....1* WIN
Bowling Green -8....1* LOSS
Baylor -34...1* WIN
Louisville -4...1* WIN

2014-2015 season
5-4 (56%) $320 profit 16% ROI Bankroll $2320

Better than starting off this week with a losing record.

What the heck are your units worth?  Not trying to be nosy, just not sure with juice how you come up with a $320 profit when you are up only 2 units. Unless you are counting parlays in that total or your 1 units are a rather large number.

WILL CLINTON

These are the games I'm for sure playing this weekend, may add more, but not likely.

ULM -14...1*
Texas +1...2*
SC -17...1*
UCLA -23...1*

I feel like this is a different Texas team, and I don't see Strong losing this one. I just don't think SC was that bad, and I feel like they will throw everything they can at ECU. I know Memphis beat Camden Fairview High this past weekend 156-0, but this is UCLA, and I don't think they were happy with the way they came out and played last weekend. I think they remedy that against Memphis.

Good Luck!!

WILL CLINTON

onebadrubi

Quote from: la20688 on September 04, 2014, 05:26:12 pm

UTSA + 8    1 u
Grn Bay +6 1 u

You guys scare the CHIT out of me with that!  haha

onebadrubi

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 04, 2014, 06:30:47 pm
These are the games I'm for sure playing this weekend, may add more, but not likely.

ULM -14...1*
Texas +1...2*
SC -17...1*
UCLA -23...1*

I feel like this is a different Texas team, and I don't see Strong losing this one. I just don't think SC was that bad, and I feel like they will throw everything they can at ECU. I know Memphis beat Camden Fairview High this past weekend 156-0, but this is UCLA, and I don't think they were happy with the way they came out and played last weekend. I think they remedy that against Memphis.

Good Luck!!

I believe UCLA lost their RB to an acl injury this week in practice.

Also, I can not believe the Texas game is at +1 in austin, although BYU ran it down their throats last year. 

SPAL

Anybody know if Jeff is doing anything tonight?

SPAL

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 04, 2014, 07:12:37 pm
Terrible start

Don't worry, you are betting against me, I could lose a 21 point spread in 30 seconds with my luck