Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flew to KOCH over the weekend

Started by GusMcRae, August 19, 2014, 01:22:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

Wife and I flew to Nacogdoches Sat AM for a wedding,,, flew to KSEP on the way to pick up my son and daughter-in-law,,, left home base full fuel and was wishing I had left a little more room in the tanks as we were pushing the useful limit departing SEP.  First time to KOCH,,, nice little airport,,, was figuring there would be pine trees close to the ends but it is very open at both ends. 
When we left on Sunday to return there was a practically new Maule tail dragger parked next to us.  Sharp bird. 
Plane did much better with less fuel, had plenty to get back to SEP without adding.  Encountered some wx on the way back but was able to make some slight vectors and was not delayed, did not have to turn around or land to wait it out.  Got a little fuel after we dropped off our passengers for the last leg home.
Good trip.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?