Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC west looking better than SEC east per rivals.com

Started by Nate-Hawg, January 09, 2008, 12:51:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate-Hawg

January 09, 2008, 12:51:58 am Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:54:07 am by nate8406
I know it's early but here are rivals.com recruit rankings for the SEC

EAST                                                                  WEST 

#2 Georgia                                                          #3 Alabama
#12 Florida                                                          #7 LSU
#32 South Carolina                                               #15 Auburn
#44 Tennessee                                                    #28 Arkansas
#56 Kentucky                                                      #41 Ole Miss
#86 Vandy                                                          #42 Miss St.

Just a little tid bit for ya.

Beaverfever

The East has taken a back seat to the West lately and I see that trend continuing.  The West has the best coaching in all of college football.

Adam Stokes

Wow, I did not expect Tennessee and South Carolina that low on the list.  The SEC is kind of down in recruiting considering how they usually do.

Nate-Hawg

I don't know what's going on with Tenn, but South Carolina always has trouble recruiting with all the other big schools around them.

Bacon The Saddle Again

UT will be up there.  They haven't had a lot of commits, but when they get them, they'll be highly regarded.  A lot of teams in the top 25 are done or near done.  Okie State for example, now has 30 commits if the Curtis rumor pans out.  Either they are planning on an abnormal number of these kids not qualifying or they are playing dirty recruiting and going to pull offers before some of them sign LOI's.  The coaching staff at Okie State has done that before.

RazorRunner

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 09, 2008, 11:42:56 am
... The West has the best coaching in all of college football.
Disagree.  Ole Miss brings the average way down.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: nate8406 on January 09, 2008, 01:29:40 pm
I don't know what's going on with Tenn, but South Carolina always has trouble recruiting with all the other big schools around them.

Not usually with Spurrier, heck, last year his team was ranked #6 overall.  I just think that Spurrier's aura from his Florida days are finally wearing off.

Nate-Hawg

Quote from: ajs15razorman on January 09, 2008, 02:01:24 pm
Not usually with Spurrier, heck, last year his team was ranked #6 overall.  I just think that Spurrier's aura from his Florida days are finally wearing off.

They were ranked #6 in recruiting?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

invisiblehand

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 09, 2008, 11:42:56 am
The East has taken a back seat to the West lately and I see that trend continuing.  The West has the best coaching in all of college football.

i think nutt and miles drag down the west's coaches.  i know miles just won a national championship, but i just don't think he is that good of a coach.  to be honest, i think he is kind of dumb, but is coaching in a land of plenty.  on the whole though, you're right.  no conference anywhere, ever, has had this many outstanding coaches.  i think nutt is the worst one, and i'm trying to be as objective as possible, and he is still a decent coach, he justs underachieves like no other.  brooks, croom, and johnson, on the otherhand have shown a remarkable ability to do more with less.

ntubjr

Tenn is behind because they lost coaches I do not think they can catch up because Ala and Ga are getting  players that TENN would normally get