Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

M Powell

Started by Tick Hog, October 05, 2010, 08:23:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tick Hog

Any info on how his recovery is going. Is he expected to miss much time I can't remember exactly when the injury occurred.

HawgAdvocate

No new info on any setbacks, so we assume no news is good news. He's supposed to be ready before the season begins.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Tick Hog

Good deal appreciate it

Smithian

He'll miss some practice but at most a couple weeks. He'll be 100% for the season.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

a little birdie and a good source (the coach) told me he will be ready for game 1 unless he has any setbacks.. 

azhog10

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 05, 2010, 08:48:08 am
No new info on any setbacks, so we assume no news is good news. He's supposed to be ready before the season begins.

So is he still ready or is there any news on what's going on? Is it rust or is that foot still a problem?

Smithian

Taking time to get back into game shape. The ankle itself is almost totally back.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: azhog10 on December 02, 2010, 11:17:42 am
So is he still ready or is there any news on what's going on? Is it rust or is that foot still a problem?

Troll. You're taking real pleasure in watching a a Razorback player struggle to heal. You're a sick f*cker. Seriously.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

razorhead94

In fairness to the injury, he did not look very good last night.  He limped noticebly, couldn't run the court well, and didn't try to jump very hard for rebounds.  I almost say just keep him out till SEC play.  We will really need him then.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

azhog10

Quote from: Smithian on December 02, 2010, 11:19:11 am
Taking time to get back into game shape. The ankle itself is almost totally back.

So the ankle/foot is completely healed? So the idea that it would take him a while to get back into shape and would take us into conference play before he's 100% was actually pretty accurate?

azhog10

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on December 02, 2010, 11:27:25 am
Troll. You're taking real pleasure in watching a a Razorback player struggle to heal. You're a sick f*cker. Seriously.

Hmm, so do you get defensive about everything? I quoted you, bc whether I like it or not, you seem to have the most insight. I was hoping you could tell us what was going on. If it was his ankle, maybe just a little out of shape, or something we don't know. Instead you come at me like that? Stay class HA.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: azhog10 on December 02, 2010, 11:29:22 am
Hmm, so do you get defensive about everything? I quoted you, bc whether I like it or not, you seem to have the most insight. I was hoping you could tell us what was going on. If it was his ankle, maybe just a little out of shape, or something we don't know. Instead you come at me like that? Stay class HA.

Riiiiiiight. You dug up this thread from a month ago just to quote me saying he should be ready.

And then you ask, "is he still ready?"

You're a first class a$$ and you know it.

azhog10

December 02, 2010, 11:38:21 am #12 Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:40:00 am by azhog10
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on December 02, 2010, 11:36:08 am
Riiiiiiight. You dug up this thread from a month ago just to quote me saying he should be ready.

And then you ask, "is he still ready?"

You're a first class a$$ and you know it.

Don't ever tell someone to use the search function instead of starting a new thread then. Anyone else with insight? Is it a good idea for us to hold him out till Conference play? I would rather do that than take a chance on slowing the healing process.

Smithian

Quote from: azhog10 on December 02, 2010, 11:28:01 am
So the ankle/foot is completely healed? So the idea that it would take him a while to get back into shape and would take us into conference play before he's 100% was actually pretty accurate?
I'd say yes. The ankle isn't perfect, but it's almost there.

It's just going to take time. And you play him now to get him in game shape. As ugly as it looked last night, he still looks better than he did the Lemoyne-Owen game getting up and down the court. Now just getting into the flow.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: azhog10 on December 02, 2010, 11:38:21 am
Don't ever tell someone to use the search function instead of starting a new thread then. Anyone else with insight? Is it a good idea for us to hold him out till Conference play? I would rather do that than take a chance on slowing the healing process.

I've never told anyone to use the search function over starting a new thread. I'm not a mod, that's not my role.

azhog10

Quote from: Smithian on December 02, 2010, 11:42:06 am
I'd say yes. The ankle isn't perfect, but it's almost there.

It's just going to take time. And you play him now to get him in game shape. As ugly as it looked last night, he still looks better than he did the Lemoyne-Owen game getting up and down the court. Now just getting into the flow.

I agree if the ankle is healed, then he needs to get back into the flow. But if it's not I say rest him till it is. Get him in a pool to get his cardio.

Lando Calrissian

He definitely knows how to get to the cafeteria!
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

azhog10

MountieDawg

Powell needs to ride the bicycle for a few hours a day... He is held back by his weight right now!
SEC!

goporkyourself

he looked like he didn't want to be out there at all last night and is nowhere near game shape. i'm not sure our team is good enough to let him play his way into shape. most of the time he was on the floor our offense slowed to a crawl.

i also think he's by far our best player and we won't do a damn thing in the SEC without him playing 30 solid minutes a game or more.

revolution

They need to make the best long-term decision for Powell and the team's sake.  If he's healthy but not in shape, play him and run / work out his butt 'til he's ready.  If he's not healed, hold him out until he is.  It's better for him to miss some more time and then come back full strength than to keep playing ineffectively and lengthen the time until he's completely healed.  I'd rather him sit for the whole non-conf. schedule than play as he's doing, unless it's just a "game-shape" issue.  I wish we knew what was up.

peevedpaul

He doesn't look like he's in "game shape". Being in a walking boot over the summer probably didn't help.

HawgAdvocate

jabber71

70 to 80% by AtM and ready to roll by the Vol game
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

rude1

For sure he is limping noticeably. I don't know if the foot isn't ready or is it psychological with him at this point. When you listen to Pel that's the drift I get. He doesn't say it, but he says things like "Only MP knows how his foot is feeling". I take that to mean that the doctors have said the foot looks good, but it might be more of a mental thing with MP now, and him not trusting it yet.

Calihog

Too bad Marshawn didn't take the Mallett approach and swim like a dolphin for a couple of months.  There would be less weight around the middle to bother that foot and he would be in better cardiovascular shape.

hawgtime

Quote from: revolution on December 02, 2010, 05:27:57 pm
They need to make the best long-term decision for Powell and the team's sake.  If he's healthy but not in shape, play him and run / work out his butt 'til he's ready.  If he's not healed, hold him out until he is.  It's better for him to miss some more time and then come back full strength than to keep playing ineffectively and lengthen the time until he's completely healed.  I'd rather him sit for the whole non-conf. schedule than play as he's doing, unless it's just a "game-shape" issue.  I wish we knew what was up.

I agree. he was big, slow and couldn't jump. he either needs more time to heal or more time to get back into shape.  he should be swimming and biking to get the pounds off and get the cardio back on track.

azhog10