Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philon is coming up soon in his 40

Started by Boarcephus, February 22, 2015, 10:25:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Curious what he runs and what they say about him.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

FANONTHEHILL

Nice job my NFL Network, not one image of Philon and barely a mention.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boarcephus

That sucks.  Kept talking about a kid from OU and never showed him. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

kibster

Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Carl Lazlo

And right before his 2nd 40 yard try they cut to commercial and skip his attempt.

Optimus Swine

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
Yogi Berra

Uncommon

Drives me nuts when they did the Jordan Phillips breakdown.  Do the analysis after the drills are over, don't do it when people are performing drills.  I don't mind if the fans get snubbed.  They don't matter.  But it's disrespectful to the families of the players performing the drills who are watching.  Maybe the Philon family was having a watch party at their house.  They didn't get to see their child do either attempts of the most covered event in the combine.

Guinness Snout

He also got 26 reps @ 225 on bench press pretty solid. 

hawg1221

Quote from: Uncommon on February 22, 2015, 11:18:31 am
Drives me nuts when they did the Jordan Phillips breakdown.  Do the analysis after the drills are over, don't do it when people are performing drills.  I don't mind if the fans get snubbed.  They don't matter.  But it's disrespectful to the families of the players performing the drills who are watching.  Maybe the Philon family was having a watch party at their house.  They didn't get to see their child do either attempts of the most covered event in the combine.

That's a good point. I was following his name on the bottom screen. I stopped watching Arkansas baseball game because he was next up. And his name just disappeared from the TV as they skipped to someone else. That is BS!!

chitwnhog

He's an unheralded Soph from Arkansas coming out early. Not that surprising that ESPN focused on others. I hope he gets drafted high n has a long career.

Hogsolo

I agree that they should cover all the guys a bit.   Getting invited is big and every player should get his 5 minutes.

Heck think about how they wouldn't have covered Tom Brady if he was coming out today.   Just silly to miss any player.   

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on February 22, 2015, 10:32:13 am
Nice job my NFL Network, not one image of Philon and barely a mention.
The people making draft day decisions were watching what DP was doing, even if broadcasters weren't.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PEtrader

Quote from: DawgTownHog on February 22, 2015, 12:20:22 pm
He's an unheralded Soph from Arkansas coming out early. Not that surprising that ESPN focused on others. I hope he gets drafted high n has a long career.

This
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

alohawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 22, 2015, 01:30:21 pm
The people making draft day decisions were watching what DP was doing, even if broadcasters weren't.

Yep, no commercial break for them.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jcarney12747

I was surprised he weighed in  at 298. He played around 275-280. Teams probably told him to bulk up to play the 3 tech position. 26 reps on bench. Flowers  had 28.