Mens basketball-beat OM there
Womens basketball-check
Baseball team-Check
Gymnastics team-check
Mens track-check
Womens track-check

Dr. Starcs

RazorbacksFan

Women's Golf is also #4 and won the most recent NCAA tournament in Puerto Rico.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Paul

Hog Nutt

Quote from: JIHawg on February 18, 2015, 10:21:07 pm
Womens basketball-check
Baseball team-Check
Gymnastics team-check
Mens track-check
Womens track-check

He plays in all those sports!? At the same time? On men's and women's teams too. What's his/her scoring average in basketball? I assume he/she is a guard? What's his/her batting average? Is he/she a sprinter or throw the shot put? Either way, what a talented dude/gal.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hog Nutt on February 19, 2015, 08:43:06 am
He plays in all those sports!? At the same time? On men's and women's teams too. What's his/her scoring average in basketball? I assume he/she is a guard? What's his/her batting average? Is he/she a sprinter or throw the shot put? Either way, what a talented dude/gal.

How does he get credit for the Baseball team doing well when he wasn't even here when the current head coach was hired???
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogg_Phan

Quote from: GuvHog on February 19, 2015, 09:00:07 am
How does he get credit for the Baseball team doing well when he wasn't even here when the current head coach was hired???
He has resigned Van Horn to a new contract plus we now have a indoor practice facility that we didn't have when he got here.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on February 19, 2015, 09:00:07 am

The same way he'd get the blame if they are bad, he's the QB of the department. Praise when he throws a TD, booed when it's an INT.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2015, 09:06:58 am
The same way he'd get the blame if they are bad, he's the QB of the department. Praise when he throws a TD, booed when it's an INT.

It would be awfully hard to blame him for anything bad about the Baseball program since he didn't hire Dave Van Horn. I would disagree with anyone who tried to do that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on February 19, 2015, 10:00:21 am
It would be awfully hard to blame him for anything bad about the Baseball program since he didn't hire Dave Van Horn. I would disagree with anyone who tried to do that.

So, the only way to have effect on something is to hire someone? Let's see, what if he never let the Fowler Indoor to be built, what if he raised ticket prices 100%, what if he made them only play non-conference games against teams in the 300's in RPI? I could go on, but you will either understand this or not, as is the norm for you.

Pork Twain

Quote from: JIHawg on February 18, 2015, 10:21:07 pm
Womens basketball-check
Baseball team-Check
Gymnastics team-check
Mens track-check
Womens track-check
I would have to say he had an awful weekend then.  Many on Hogville are dead set that he is trying to destroy the Razorbacks.  He not very good at it, that is for sure.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

urkillnmesmalls

Oh...and I saw the ticker on ESPN last night that we had not only an SEC female golfer of the week, but also an SEC male golfer of the week.  Add those to the list. 

Oh, and Guv.  Give us all a break.  If you're going to try to convince us that you can't muck up a sport by not showing it the proper attention, keeping up facilities, funding assistant salaries, and helping the coach with his requests, than that's asinine. 

Show me an AD who just "hires a coach" and then expects everything to work itself out, and I'll show you an AD that is destined for failure. You cited ONE thing...hiring, and while that's a big part, it doesn't ensure anything.  While JL doesn't get credit for HIRING DVH, he certainly gets credit for keeping him happy, re-signing him, and taking care of the coach that signed the #1 class in the country. 

Are you saying JL played NO part in any of that?  You're just searching for stuff at this point Guv.  Still can't get over Petrino ditch-gate can you?   ::)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Pork Twain

See my signature for a guide to discussing topics with Guv and his brother FCJ.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Dropkick

3kgthog

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on February 19, 2015, 09:03:21 am
He has resigned Van Horn to a new contract plus we now have a indoor practice facility that we didn't have when he got here.

DVH had that facility money secured long before Jeff even got here according to many here. It was Jeff that made him wait.

DLUXHOG

All Razorback fans had a great weekend....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 19, 2015, 12:47:43 pm
DVH had that facility money secured long before Jeff even got here according to many here. It was Jeff that made him wait.

Wrong, DVH had $1m secured, it cost $9.5m and it's not paid for, yet.

MissippHog

Whew, a much needed Jeff Long debate! 

Tusks

can't hog fans take the wins they get and be happy about it.

oy-fricken-vey
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

LRHawg

Quote from: MissippHog on February 19, 2015, 01:04:52 pm
Whew, a much needed Jeff Long debate! 

Seriously, just when the troll fodder was running dry

Hawgzinbowlz

A good weekend/a good time to be a HOG.

I hope Jeff enjoys this up cycle and hope it continues, for all of Razorback Nation.

" GO HOGS "

Rzbakfromwaybak

Well, I must admit that the title of the thread had me a little concerned.

Thought somebody was gonna say they saw JL riding around campus on a motorcycle,  with a blonde on board....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Paul

Quote from: tusked on February 19, 2015, 01:15:28 pm
can't hog fans take the wins they get and be happy about it.

oy-fricken-vey
. Some always have an ax to grind  ::)

Cinco de Hogo

Personally I think The Razorbacks had a great weekend, however it's hard to argue that Longs Razorback Mutual Fund is doing well.  Generally the OP would be required to state whether or not he has a stake in said fund.

Hogfly

He also showed up at the Fayetteville High pep rally last Friday to judge a slam dunk contest along with Wallace Spearmon and Ronnie Brewer. Both of the latter also showed off their dunking skills, while, Mr. Long declined.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on February 19, 2015, 09:03:21 am

Quit bringing facts to the argument.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2015, 12:56:43 pm
Wrong, DVH had $1m secured, it cost $9.5m and it's not paid for, yet.

LOL.  Don't you just love it when ignorant posters "groove a fastball" for it to be crushed? 

JIHawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 19, 2015, 10:52:50 pm
Personally I think The Razorbacks had a great weekend, however it's hard to argue that Longs Razorback Mutual Fund is doing well.  Generally the OP would be required to state whether or not he has a stake in said fund.

Don't know Jeff Long personally or never met him.  The closest thing to an agenda I have is to try to counter the negative on this board with some positive, and try, being an older hog fan, to try to model how it's okay to see everything Hogs in a good light.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: JIHawg on February 20, 2015, 07:47:54 am
Don't know Jeff Long personally or never met him.  The closest thing to an agenda I have is to try to counter the negative on this board with some positive, and try, being an older hog fan, to try to model how it's okay to see everything Hogs in a good light.

That's grest but for me I tend to identify with people with a sense of levity. Sports should be fun even with all the differant opinions and personalities.  Like you a persons way of expressing themselves seem to put way too many boils on other peoples butts. LOL!