Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Word is "The Jock" has left the building

Started by Piglet Dispersion Syndrome, February 18, 2015, 04:17:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on February 19, 2015, 06:06:58 pm
you have obviously never listen to the radio in south arkansas.

ha, that's no joke.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Foshodo

beyond Michael Smith, i could do without that radio station as a whole... i technically enjoy Bo when he doesnt let his callers destroy the show...

Hugehogsfan

I for one am so disappointed that someone in the radio world in LR can't find a winning combination with a Sports station.  I mean we all know what works and it seems that most shows come on and don't want to do what we all know works.  I wanted to like this morning show, but it was so painful to listen to sometimes and when all I wanted was some things on the Hogs, all I got was talk about some national team or how the hog fans were delusional.  I really just want a solid sports show on in the mornings that gives me what I want as a Razorback fan. 

Peter Porker

The 2 local shows that 93.3 has on Game On and Sportstalk are good enough. We just need a sports centered morning show. It doesn't have to be ALL sports, but it doesn't need to be no sports like the buzz.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Wildhog

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 19, 2015, 06:39:05 pm
The 2 local shows that 93.3 has on Game On and Sportstalk are good enough. We just need a sports centered morning show. It doesn't have to be ALL sports, but it doesn't need to be no sports like the buzz.

I like the Morning Rush with Derek, Tommy, and Tyler.  It's almost nothing but Razorbacks.  And for my morning commute, that's pretty awesome.  Don't know where you're located, but 96.3/104.3 both air it in the mornings.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Peter Porker

Quote from: Wildhog on February 19, 2015, 06:41:13 pm
I like the Morning Rush with Derek, Tommy, and Tyler.  It's almost nothing but Razorbacks.  And for my morning commute, that's pretty awesome.  Don't know where you're located, but 96.3/104.3 both air it in the mornings.

Little Rock market.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Wayne Watson

Get your sports at different times.  I listen to Tommy, Derek and Tyler on my 4 1/2 mile trip to work.  After that I stream the Troy and Dave show on 100.5 FM, KZHE.  It's always funny and you get to laugh before someone screws up your day.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

TNhogfan

Quote from: Wayne Watson on February 19, 2015, 06:51:41 pm
Get your sports at different times.  I listen to Tommy, Derek and Tyler on my 4 1/2 mile trip to work.  After that I stream the Troy and Dave show on 100.5 FM, KZHE.  It's always funny and you get to laugh before someone screws up your day.
Wow, Troy and Dave have been on a very long time.  Of course, I'm so old I remember when the calls for that station were KMSL and Dave was on one of the El Dorado combos - maybe KELD/KEZQ or whatever the FM was called back then.  Dave and Jim Davis have been on south AR airwaves for several decades.

TNhogfan

I only listened a couple of times to The Jock morning show.  It sounded like three guys trying to do a national show on local radio - very badly.  Reminded me of the guys one would hear on FSR or Yahoo during the overnight weekend shift.  I have listened to the Morning Rush for several years.  I will listen occasionally to JB's Red Zone or whatever it's called on the Ticket and I've tried the shows on Sports Hog a couple of times.  I like Morning Rush better than either of them, but both are better than what The Jock had on.

goodguytex

Ain't that the truth!

RedRock

ifghog

Quote from: presidenthog on February 18, 2015, 07:12:03 pm
I heard that horrid abomination of a radio show the buzz puts on in the morning with tommy and his retarded friends. It was without my consent and it was so awful that I tried to jump out of the moving vehicle to escape it. If it wasn't for the child safety lock I would have gotten away from its terribleness
I like their show. People with a good sense of humor like it. I like the fact it isn't a sports show. Tommy is a legend no matter what u think.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 19, 2015, 06:47:33 pm
Little Rock market.

The Morning Rush was back on 93.3 this morning.  I think the national show from up north earlier this week was a temporary thing. 

Quote from: ifghog on February 19, 2015, 08:56:37 pm
I like their show. People with a good sense of humor like it. I like the fact it isn't a sports show. Tommy is a legend no matter what u think.

Legend at what? Stuttering, interrupting, and smacking on food with a microphone in his face? 

I've got a good sense of humor, but I'd take my 3 year old's music choices over listening to the buzz in the morning.

jcharkansas

They are supposed to be a sports station, tommy smith is just terrible, ain't no legend in herr.

jcharkansas

Boy that's the truth, I lived down there for a year or so and actually missed the buzz it was so bad. Glad to be back in central arkansas

twistitup

Define legend
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

cosmodrum

I used to like Tommy. Now, he's a miserable old bastard who seems to think everyone else should be miserable, too.
Go away, batin'

dbh

The Buzz can be ok at times.  Bruce James is good during FB season, for instance.  What drives me crazy is that they're always talking over one another and it's a jumbled mess. Too many egos I guess...

HF#1

Tommy Craft and Tyler Wilson were on 93.3 this morning.  Didn't hear Derek.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: HF#1 on February 20, 2015, 09:02:58 am
Tommy Craft and Tyler Wilson were on 93.3 this morning.  Didn't hear Derek.
He's on vacation. Reportedly watching 50 shades of gray and getting mani-pedis, if you can believe Tommy Craft.

TeedupHigh

It is so easy to listen to Tommy and Baz in the morning, problem with these two is you can't understand a word they say!  One cannot stop talking long enough for the other to say something, just a constant loud noise coming out the radio with not a word that can be understood!  Thank Goodness for 105.1 THE WOLF until these idiots are off for the day!!!

Jim Harris

Quote from: GuvHog on February 19, 2015, 08:57:00 am
I agree. They definitely need to raise their output power to the maximum (100,000 Watts).

Easier said than done.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

PharmacistHog

[
Quote from: TeedupHigh on February 20, 2015, 10:02:39 am
It is so easy to listen to Tommy and Baz in the morning, problem with these two is you can't understand a word they say!  One cannot stop talking long enough for the other to say something, just a constant loud noise coming out the radio with not a word that can be understood!  Thank Goodness for 105.1 THE WOLF until these idiots are off for the day!!!

All I hear is uh uh uh uh, before every sentence.  That's how Tommy talks and the rest of them try to do it, too.  I've given up on listening to sports except for a few minutes of Bo when I go to lunch. 

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

DeltaBoy

All I can tell you guys is for an out of stater it is light years better than it was 10 years ago when all I could get online for sports was 1310 the Ticket.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on February 19, 2015, 06:41:13 pm

I agree.  I like that show. 

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Quote from: Piglet Dispersion Syndrome on February 18, 2015, 04:17:01 pm
Look for Tommy, Derek, and Tyler Wilson to be back on 93.3 tomorrow morning. You're welcome.

They were a day late, but on this morning.

I think Tyler is doing well IMO, much smoother than Stoerner, and much easier to listen to.

Couldn't stand Jim or Jake, esp. Jim's voice was nails on a chalkboard.

jmb1973

Tommy, you drinking and posting again?

presidenthog

secfan30

Quote from: TeedupHigh on February 20, 2015, 10:02:39 am

Little Rock Radio is good for multiple music options and nothing else. Moved up to NWA over the summer and catch The Red Zone on my drive in, mid day with Mike Iriwn and that crew and drive home to Bo.

secfan30

Quote from: jmb1973 on February 20, 2015, 01:18:42 pm
Tommy, you drinking and posting again?

Be careful, about a year or more ago I mentioned how bad Tommy Smith was with no curse words and was banned for a short time for insulting a mod. Was very odd.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wayne Watson on February 19, 2015, 06:51:41 pm
yea i like troy and dave.

Hogsfan1981

I know the people that take the time to post are usually going to be the ones that don't like something...such is the internets.

However, I think Bo's show is by far and away the most professional. Plus anytime I turn it on I know I will probably get to hear about the Hogs. Which is nice when you can't listen all day.

I also like to listen to Pat Bradley and Acri. I go to work at 6am but I just leave the radio off that early...don't want to start out my day like that.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on February 20, 2015, 05:25:19 pm
I know the people that take the time to post are usually going to be the ones that don't like something...such is the internets.

However, I think Bo's show is by far and away the most professional. Plus anytime I turn it on I know I will probably get to hear about the Hogs. Which is nice when you can't listen all day.

I also like to listen to Pat Bradley and Acri. I go to work at 6am but I just leave the radio off that early...don't want to start out my day like that.

Bo's callers just need to be better screened

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: twistitup on February 19, 2015, 09:10:45 am
I'm a press row and bo guy myself - F the rest of it

Press Row?  You in NWA?  Me and their 5 other listeners get together every 5th Tuesday. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

As far as people complaining about 93.3's signal, if you are listening at home or work, just stream it. If on a PC you can stream right from their web page, if not 93.3 is also on tune-in.

If you are driving stream it on your phone then Bluetooth it to your stereo.  Streaming audio uses very little data.  I was in ATL a few weeks back and just streamed all the Arkansas shows.  If your car, truck or SUV doesn't have Bluetooth.  Get a new car, truck or SUV.  It's 2015.

Now back to the original reason for the post.  I hated the guys on the Jock  Big Jeff and Jim or The Crew.  Worst fake radio voices ever.  It was like an SNL skit where they told the guys to act like that. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Fatman

Great to have the Morning Rush back on in Central AR.

hawgXi

Quote from: presidenthog on February 20, 2015, 01:26:25 pm
Or popping a few Xanax lol

check out the buzz billboard ark river bridge west bound I 30 in LR.

looks like tommy's make up man was a mortician.

GuvHog

He may be a legend (which I seriously doubt) but talk radio passed him by years ago. He really needs to retire.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 20, 2015, 10:57:02 am
Easier said than done.

I don't know how difficult it would be but it would indeed be rather expensive.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

AllHog90

If only Derek Ruscin could try just a little bit harder to be funny.

TNhogfan

Quote from: GuvHog on February 23, 2015, 08:03:01 am
I don't know how difficult it would be but it would indeed be rather expensive.
It is not going to happen on 93.3.  In addition to this station there are stations in El Dorado, Bryant and West Memphis @ 93.3. Best bet to increase power is to move to a different frequency.

Fatman

Quote from: TNhogfan on February 23, 2015, 12:08:31 pm
It is not going to happen on 93.3.  In addition to this station there are stations in El Dorado, Bryant and West Memphis @ 93.3. Best bet to increase power is to move to a different frequency.
Bryant is technically where the transmitter is located for 93.3

TNhogfan

Quote from: Fatman on February 23, 2015, 01:16:24 pm
Bryant is technically where the transmitter is located for 93.3
Duh!  I should have caught that - was just looking at the FCC database listing.  Thanks for seeing my error.  It is a very crowded frequency. 

Qadi999

Good lord how hard is it to do sports talk radio in Arkansas,  all you have to do is talk about the hogs not stop  and you have a hit show . You would think these stations would know their audience.

Hogalicous

93.3 has won me over, but I don't know if that's much of a compliment cause the only show that I can listen to on the Buzz is Acri and Pat Bradley's, I can't deal with Tommy Smith anymore, Mr. Rainwater has run his course, and Trey Schapp makes me physically ill

RAD

Tommy may be considered a legend due to longevity/history, but not for quality.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Hogalicous on February 23, 2015, 06:18:24 pm
93.3 has won me over, but I don't know if that's much of a compliment cause the only show that I can listen to on the Buzz is Acri and Pat Bradley's, I can't deal with Tommy Smith anymore, Mr. Rainwater has run his course, and Trey Schapp makes me physically ill

I just refuse to listen to 1037 the billboard. It is one big long commercial. Plus the DB talent with Smith and Acri would be All-SEC. Cant do it. Someone should let them know that they are celebrities in LITTLE ROCK ARKANSAS! This ain't New York City.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on February 20, 2015, 05:25:19 pm

Bo really does an excellent interview, and he gets interesting people on to be interviewed.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jcharkansas

So anyone know what actually happened to this show? They were there one day then just gone, no mention of it or anything that I heard anyway. I Def like the morning rush better but they have got to get something to fill that 9-11 slot, those 2 yanks are just unbearable and so is the only other option in central ark that I know of. Jake wasn't all that bad, he was a hog fan at least, but you can't get on there like jim and Jeff did and talk bad about the fans and then declare how big of Texas fan you are.