Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFL Concept Helmets (SIAP)

Started by schmeck, February 18, 2015, 03:03:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeck

http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX

Didn't see this posted yet...

These will NOT happen due to most NFL teams keeping with more traditional looks, but I cant help but love a few of these cocept helmet designs, most notibly the NY Giants, Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Rams, and Steelers re-designs. I like traditional looks, but it would be cool to do a "Future Look" uniform a game a year, much like the do the "Retro Look" jerseys.
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

phadedhawg

We, Seattle, probably have the loudest more offensive uniforms in the league and those are even a bit too much for me.  lol

Peter Porker

I liked a few, but most look like they just blew up the logo and slapped it on there. My favorite might be Miami's.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Hoggish1

Quote from: schmeck on February 18, 2015, 03:03:24 pm

These will NOT happen due to most NFL teams keeping with more traditional looks, but I cant help but love a few of these cocept helmet designs, most notibly the NY Giants, Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Rams, and Steelers re-designs. I like traditional looks, but it would be cool to do a "Future Look" uniform a game a year, much like the do the "Retro Look" jerseys.

Something's not quite right about the Washington helmet...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 18, 2015, 03:18:16 pm
I liked a few, but most look like they just blew up the logo and slapped it on there. My favorite might be Miami's.

Agree.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

thirrdegreetusker

I think that future helmets may look more like the headgear you see in boxing or karate. One big reason for concussions today is, IMHO, the fact that the shell is hard, and players use that hard object to deliver a blow to opponents. If the helmet is all padding, and no hard shell, players might be less inclined to use it as a battering ram. 

LAHog124

Nothin' screams America like the New York Giants helmet.
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

schmeck

Miami's with the water background and the Rams with the sky background... And the Radiers is classical and new all at the same time. And I hate the Giants, but the flag backgraound with the "ny" looks great
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

gawntrail

Quote from: schmeck on February 18, 2015, 03:35:32 pm
Miami's with the water background and the Rams with the sky background... And the Radiers is classical and new all at the same time. And I hate the Giants, but the flag backgraound with the "ny" looks great

Rams looks like fluffy wool in background.

Buds would look great with ghosted pirate ship wallpaper as background.

PorkRinds

I'm with P squared.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: schmeck on February 18, 2015, 03:03:24 pm

Main problem I see with most is the logos aren't nearly large enough to identify the particular team. (sarcasm button now off)

mhsbc59

i like them bring back the Denver logo
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

RAD

Is Denver's old logo considered "Popcorn Horse??"

flagstaffhog

I liked Arizona ' s helmet. But boy was I offended by the Redskin helmet....;)
Go HOGS Go!

Craig O Squeal

Please bring back the Houston Oilers logo!!!

clutch

I thought the bills helmet looked really good. Simple, but a pretty good look. Liked a few of the other too. Rams, raiders, cardinals, bengals were pretty good.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: RAD on February 18, 2015, 04:45:16 pm
Is Denver's old logo considered "Popcorn Horse??"
It' popcorn bronc!  I like the Patriots lid best.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Pigasaurus

I liked the Jets and Steelers helmets. 
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Cave City Joe

Can't stand the Giants.  But some were pretty cool, like Miami's.  Agree with Clutch on the Bills
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

TeufelHog

I've always wanted to see a "Concept Hog Helmet" similar to the Boise State Bronco Helmet . . . a large version of a Hog Head wrapping around the helmet.

jgphillips3

I actually like about 80% of those.  Not a bad concept.

jjdlc

Some were good, some were bleh, but someone needs to point out to the artist that this team no longer exists...

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

gawntrail

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 18, 2015, 06:32:55 pm
I've always wanted to see a "Concept Hog Helmet" similar to the Boise State Bronco Helmet . . . a large version of a Hog Head wrapping around the helmet.

Doug

Dee Yung (the one behind the concepts in the first post) has some nice ones, but if you really want to check out some awesome concepts, check out my man, Charles Sollars.

http://www.charlessollarsconcepts.com/nfl-mock-draft-helmet-redesign-round-1/
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

gawntrail

Quote from: Doug on February 18, 2015, 07:57:11 pm
Dee Yung (the one behind the concepts in the first post) has some nice ones, but if you really want to check out some awesome concepts, check out my man, Charles Sollars.

Love both Bucs helmets.  The ship is great.  The 2nd rounder with the mix of old and new color is very cool.

jswineberiaskirk

Bleed Silver and Black so love the Raiders. Hate the Chiefs but if they were forced to wear that abomination of a helmet that's in that post I'd feel sorry for them. The current KC helmet is a classic design that shouldn't be messed with.

That Cardinal helmet was great as is the white Hog one.

TeufelHog

Thanks GawnTrail!  Dig the bottom version.  Metallic red helmet with white Hog wrap-around would be interesting as well.

gawntrail

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 18, 2015, 10:05:07 pm
Thanks GawnTrail!  Dig the bottom version.  Metallic red helmet with white Hog wrap-around would be interesting as well.

Simple Google search.  There's a silver/white pearl? one too, but, not a side view.  Kind of a front quarter look.....

I know many hate this one, but, I like the matte look. 

I liked the anthracite unis w/matching hat too.  Nice change of pace.

hobhog

choppedporkextrasauce

Looks like Oregon's helmet makers have been pimped out to the pros. Seattle's looks radioactive.

bob slydell

February 19, 2015, 04:40:01 am #31 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:17:01 am by ArmyHawg
Some of them were creative and cool, but many of the designs were just versions with larger logos. Nothing creative or cool about simply making the logo larger with the same color scheme.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Pork Twain

There are several of those that I would love to see on the field
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HoggieStyle

hoghiker

I'm an old guy. These helmets are more down my alley. Little old school pushed forward. The Bucs' helmet is cool. I liked the Browns also.

LZH

If they ever used those, I'd be PISSED if I were a Chiefs fan.

booogaga

I love how some designers and fans then to think that simply making the logo larger is some big new idea. bleh
GO HOGS!

younghog

The Giants and Texans helmet is pretty freaking sweet...

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

NVRyield

I actually laughed when I saw Miami's helmet.  It would be hard for me to feel intimidating with a big dolphin on my head.   ;D