What are they like?
I need to travel to OK City today.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Lanny on February 16, 2015, 08:00:11 am
What are they like?

Not good in NE Oklahoma, but that is good news for you. OKC apparently got hit lightly and roads are supposed to be better down there. Not sure about I-40. Check the National Weather Service because they have some weather rolling across SE Oklahoma and I-40 that may also effect HWY 75 if you choose to come up that way to join with I-40.
Go Hogs Go!

The_Iceman

My wife made it to work from Cave Springs to Fayetteville is an non 4wd small crossover.

CPO Hog

Took me an hour to drive from Norman to Tinker AFB. normally takes about 30 minutes. I35 & I240 had some ice spots and a bunch of dummies. It got worse the further north I went. Lots of red on the traffic map. ODOT takes pretty good care of the interstates, and US highways. They should all be clear by noon. The side roads will be a mess until tomorrow. Forecast to reach 33 this afternoon.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Shallow layer of ice / slush, top layer snow 2-5"- counties working hard to clear it all.....no issues by noon I'm assuming
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Doug

Put a couple sand bags (hunnert pounders) over your back wheel wells if you're still driving that crazy thing you drive. :D
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

trashcan maN

Im trying to get to OKC from NEA tomorrow. Going down to Beebe then over to Conway to get on the 40. Wonder if it will be safe..

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 16, 2015, 09:41:44 am
Several schools in our area are closed today and there is ice/snow on the roads.  Some of the Searcy area schools, Beebe, Vilonia, and Mayflower closed today but all of those schools have attendance zones that traverse some hills with potentially dangerous curves. 

That Searcy itself, Conway and Greenbrier were all open should mean the area along 67/167, then to Hwy 64 should be passable if you take your time.

Safe travels to all.

Sleet packed roads in Jonesboro with maybe an 1" of snow on top. The roads are passable if you travel the appropriate speed. I think as you go north of Jonesboro it's a little worse. They did pre-treat the highways through Jonesboro, but I can't tell it did much good, anyway, the Weather Channel doesn't have it above freezing until Saturday.

Smokehouse

I'm in OKC. Roads were icy in the morning but are already rapidly melting. Should be clear in a couple hours at this rate.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

wholehog92

I maintained 50 MPH on 49 south between Rogers and Fayetteville this morning.  There is snow, slush, and ice on the road.  It's not impassable but be careful.  Most traffic was 40-50 MPH. 
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

termite

Just drove from Fayetteville to Bentonville on 49,most traffic going 40-50 except for two idiots traveling very fast. They both ended in the medium. A Simmons 18 wheeler did one hell of a job avoiding one of them.

Buff

Quote from: Lanny on February 16, 2015, 08:00:11 am
What are they like?

I'm in OKC, roads in town aren't that bad.  Turnpike looked pretty good this morning when I passed over it.  Main roads are fine, when you get off the interstate make sure you follow the snow routes as much as possible. 

http://www.dps.state.ok.us/cgi-bin/weathermap.cgi

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: twistitup on February 16, 2015, 09:14:59 am
Shallow layer of ice / slush, top layer snow 2-5"- counties working hard to clear it all.....no issues by noon I'm assuming

Twistitup, got about 4 inches of snow on the ground here in Denver. I'm bout to take my truck downtown none the less. They have good snow cleaning in the Mile High City.

twistitup

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on February 16, 2015, 12:58:35 pm
Twistitup, got about 4 inches of snow on the ground here in Denver. I'm bout to take my truck downtown none the less. They have good snow cleaning in the Mile High City.

I wish I were in Denver- enjoy yourself !!
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Baseball Hog

From the tunnel to about west fork on 540 is pretty sketchy, the rest of 540 to fayetteville is fine.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Lanny on February 16, 2015, 07:07:04 pm
Didn't chance it, stayed home

Smart move. Probably would have made it but you never know about other driver's ability to ruin your trip.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Lanny on February 16, 2015, 07:07:04 pm
Didn't chance it, stayed home

Can't speak for OKC or south, but the subcontractor for removal of snow, ice, slush from the roads in Tulsa needs to be backing up to pick up their paycheck. Pretty rough in spots, completely clear in others and then suddenly and unpredictably, you top a rise in the road and you are back in 6 inches of slush pulling at your tires and trying to drag you right or left.

To make matters worse, the 18 wheelers plowed right through coming too close to cars and throwing ice slush all over your windshield and blinding you temporarily. God love em. Better late in the day in many spots but with all of this melted today and predicted lows around 18 tonight, we will have ice to skate on in the morning for a while.

Tulsa area Hogs, be careful out there.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Eastern Ark off the interstate is still pretty bad from what my Dad told me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Wayne Watson

Round 2 just started a few minutes ago.  Never seen it snow like rain falling.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wayne Watson on February 17, 2015, 07:20:08 pm
Round 2 just started a few minutes ago.  Never seen it snow like rain falling.

Nothing here but rain and sleet and that passed quickly. I hope this crap is over for us. Feeling for you guys at higher elevations.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

We just had a 36 hour or so REAL COLD snap down here in DFW!