Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James Anderson

Started by Dragon I, May 10, 2007, 08:46:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon I

I know a lot of Hog fans around El Dorado and across the state are still wandering why James Anderson is not going to be a Razorback.  The main reason James never considered Arkansas was that there was no relationship ever developed between the town or player and the Razorbacks.  Stan Heath came and sat, but that was about it.  Kevin Payne, a safety from Junction City that went in the fifth round of the draft to the Chicago Bears, was never given a thought.  In most states, especially the size of Arkansas, where the fans are nuts about there hogs, there is a relationship between the high school coaches and the Universities staff.  Arkansas lacks this, and loses there top in state recruits consistently because of it.  Junction City now has a 6'5" 300lb DL that is a true freshman, who finished second in his division at the state powerlifting championships for all classifications.  They also have a 6'3" 210lb LB that is getting interest as a sophomore.  Many schools have stopped by to take a look, but no Arkansas.  They will never get there best in state kids until there is a relationship across this state between the U of A coaching staff and the High school coaches
Fear the Hat!

coach, my back hurts

You are right.  I have said for a long time that ARK has good enough talent to field very solid teams in every sport just by getting a few of the studs from ARK.  Most states have 2-4 major universities to contend with.  ARK doesnt and that SHOULD make it a huge advantage for them, but unfortunately it hasnt worked out that way.  Maybe Hell's Pel can put some patches in our wall.

whitecohogg

Damn Junction City turns out some talent!!! There is more Div. 1 football players from that town that stoplights.

cowboym

Quote from: whitecohogg on May 10, 2007, 09:04:55 pm
Damn Junction City turns out some talent!!! There is more Div. 1 football players from that town than stoplights.

Excellent post +1
Cowboy M

Tomhog™

With one stop light, I can beleive that! LOL  Maybe you should forward this post to the football and basketball coaches.  Recruiting is a hard, tough job.  The one's that work hardest at it, wins...

ogar_hog

Quote from: whitecohogg on May 10, 2007, 09:04:55 pm
Damn Junction City turns out some talent!!! There is more Div. 1 football players from that town that stoplights.
HGH in the school lunches??? jk

slopinhogs

is thsat called doing your job. establishing relationships that is . if so. he established one with TP, does that count? :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

TMc

I think that James Dickey (on OSU's staff).., had something to do with James Anderson's recruiting. It has been said that Dickey and James' high school coach are old buddies that go back a number of years.  Whether Stan had a relationship or not.., he sure showed the young man a lot of attention.  I'm not sure what else he could have done.  If Pelphrey had been here recruiting James, it may have been a different story.., with his past relationship with Eddie.  But with that, I'm still not sure if we would have got him.

HawgG

Quote from: TMcI think that James Dickey (on OSU's staff).., had something to do with James Anderson's recruiting. It has been said that Dickey and James' high school coach are old buddies that go back a number of years.  Whether Stan had a relationship or not.., he sure showed the young man a lot of attention

Right
Dickey + Anderson' HS coach + Eddie Sutton = James wasn't coming here and unless Pelphrey had hired Dickey away from OSU, James would have still been heading to Stillwater.