Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

article on Pelphrey

Started by hawgwatcher, May 02, 2007, 01:24:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgwatcher

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

rocksalt

That is a good article. Thanks.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

coach, my back hurts

I didnt agree with the, "Heath shouldnt have been fired", part.  His teams greatly underachieved.  It was his time to go.  We needed someone with some enthusiasm and fire.  And i think they found that guy.  Pelphrey will do good.  All he needs is good assistants that can recruit. 

hawgwatcher

Yeah, I didn't agree with that part either.  Problem is, unless you're here in AR and saw how Stan's teams underperformed (for the most part) day in and day out, you look at the team going to the NCAA's the past two years and it's easy to see how the national media could jump to that conclusion.  It's nice to see that Pelphrey's enthusiasm is seen as a plus.  No matter how hard Stan tried, he never showed that fire and enthusiasm on a consistent basis.  I truly believe that's why our team wasn't consistent, either.  People can say all they want that the team shouldn't have to feed off the coach, but reality is that teams do reflect their coach's intensity, as evidenced by our team while Stan was at the helm.
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

Held Hawgstage

EXCELLENT ARTICLE! It's nice to see an independent sports writer weigh in objectively. Something that is missing in this state. Heath should not have been fired and there was a reason Pelphrey was wading around the swamps of Southern Alabama for 5 years. There was a reason Kentucky didn't take their own and he was Arkansas 10th choice. No agenda here....thanks Parrish for reporting the facts.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 02, 2007, 06:05:30 pm
EXCELLENT ARTICLE! It's nice to see an independent sports writer weigh in objectively. Something that is missing in this state. Heath should not have been fired and there was a reason Pelphrey was wading around the swamps of Southern Alabama for 5 years. There was a reason Kentucky didn't take their own and he was Arkansas 10th choice. No agenda here....thanks Parrish for reporting the facts.

No agenda my a$$. You've spent the heavy majority of your 64 posts here trying to bash the hiring of Pelphrey.

All the while you ignore the "facts" as to why Heath was let go.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

bd93

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 02, 2007, 06:23:46 pm

No agenda my a$$. You've spent the heavy majority of your 64 posts here trying to bash the hiring of Pelphrey.

All the while you ignore the "facts" as to why Heath was let go.

You are obviously a Heath fan not an Arkansas fan.

Go to a USF board.

hawgsav1

I didn't know Hannibal Lecter called the hogs
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Kilgor

Quote from: hawgsav1 on May 03, 2007, 02:45:39 am

I didn't know Hannibal Lecter called the hogs

See that "ignore" button below his profile?  It's a handy thing.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

boarhog12

If you want to know the real reason for fireing Heath, look in the mirror. If you didn't fill sit in a seat a BWA YOU are the reason for Heath being fired. It didn't matter if he had won 30 games, we have a 20,000 seat arena and only 12,000 showing up for games. There was a problem with style of play.

Held Hawgstage

Ignore buttons, go to USF message boards, grow up, etc. I find these comments entertaining. I'm being shouted down and ignore because I will not share in the Pelphrey lovefest? I choose to see Heath's tenure as the glass was half full not half empty. When I use your opposite approach to Pelphrey you boo hoo and hiss. No one has made one legitimate argument as to why Pelphrey was given this job. Not one. Instead, the only argument you have is pointing out anothers flaws. And you get upset because someone does the same. Point that same hypocritical examination at the new coach and ask, why him? Where's the merit for this hire? Because the guy pumps his fist in the air and is rah rah. Instead of pointing out Heath's flaws as a coach, what are Pelphreys attributes as a coach? Will somebody please point to something that is documented? Instead of ignoring me....stop ignoring that.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 03, 2007, 12:05:25 pm
Ignore buttons, go to USF message boards, grow up, etc. I find these comments entertaining. I'm being shouted down and ignore because I will not share in the Pelphrey lovefest? I choose to see Heath's tenure as the glass was half full not half empty. When I use your opposite approach to Pelphrey you boo hoo and hiss. No one has made one legitimate argument as to why Pelphrey was given this job. Not one. Instead, the only argument you have is pointing out anothers flaws. And you get upset because someone does the same. Point that same hypocritical examination at the new coach and ask, why him? Where's the merit for this hire? Because the guy pumps his fist in the air and is rah rah. Instead of pointing out Heath's flaws as a coach, what are Pelphreys attributes as a coach? Will somebody please point to something that is documented? Instead of ignoring me....stop ignoring that.

No, you're meeting ignore buttons and being laughed at because you're all about the John Pelphrey hatefest. All you've done is pointed some assumed flaws, as well as start stupid rumors about his recruiting.

Stan Heath is old news. See ya, bye bye, toodles. Understand that, and move on.

No one has given an argument? HUH? Why is one needed? He was given the job because the PTB felt he was best option available. End of story. What else do you need to help you sleep at night?

Regular fans can't say to much about Pelphrey because we haven't been able to see him in action. Maybe that's cause he's never coached in Bud Walton for us yet. Duh.

We can definetly talk about Heath though. Need to know why? Or do you still insist on playing dumb?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Held Hawgstage

Exactly. Thank you....Garbage Pel was the only option available. Not the best qualified. Toodles to your defense and once again...can you point out anything this guy has done? Nope. Hit the ignore button please. Thanks for playing.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 03, 2007, 12:19:51 pm
Exactly. Thank you....Garbage Pel was the only option available. Not the best qualified. Toodles to your defense and once again...can you point out anything this guy has done? Nope. Hit the ignore button please. Thanks for playing.

The mere fact that you call him "Garbage Pel" tells me all I need to know about how you support the basketball team. Not once have you touched on Heath's failures. Arkansas had other options. Rick Majerus wanted the job. We didn't want a guy who wouldn't play exciting basketball.

Comprende?

What has Pelphrey done? he's done the same as any other up and coming coach. Florida took a chance on Billy D when he was at Marshall. What had he done before that? Pelphrey worked for some awesome, proven head coaches. Many hold him in very high regard.

He made a winner out of the lowly South Alabama program.

What have you done that makes you such an expert on someone you've never personally witnessed coach?

boarhog12

I'm not going to ignore you as long as you have a honest point . I'm just saying the reason Heath was fired wasn't his record or his recruiting. His problem was his style was like watching paint dry. You had to be a BB purest to enjoy his style (see the attendance records). Plus fair or not sometimes his team just didn't seem to work as hard as needed. When they had the other team out matched they hammered them. But a team that matched up with them they seemed to step back and want someone else to do take the lead. The 2 most often guilty of this was Thomas and Townes when they had a smaller or slower defender they wore them out but against a bigger or quicker defender they seemed to disappear (look at the 3 pt. shots in the games where the other team has big or quick inside players). That goes back to the coach.

rocksalt

Sounds like you need to move to TAMPA ! What will you be saying when Pelphrey starts winning games and filling the stands ?  You have not given him any credit for his past accomplishments.  You obviously don't WANT to see his accomplishments because they are available for everyone to read. You need to take your complaints to the BOT and see how much you are IGNORED. If you want to be mad - be mad. Just take it out on the right people.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

justonefan

I can't wait to see what this message board looks like about 10 months from now.  Go Hogs! :razorback: :razorback: Go Pel.