Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 in-state class

Started by jbcarol, April 11, 2017, 06:46:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Supermark101

2019 SHOULD be our best class ever. 2 5 stars and more depth then the Batman/Andrews class. Rearly exciting stuff.

greenie

Quote from: Supermark101 on May 18, 2017, 09:36:10 am
2019 SHOULD be our best class ever. 2 5 stars and more depth then the Batman/Andrews class. Rearly exciting stuff.

You gotta love autocorrect.

jbcarol

jbcarol

BoynamedWooPigSooie

crossing fingers this plays out differently than what I expect.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

jbcarol

Hudson Henry is scheduled to visit July 19

ICYDK, he's a son of Mark Henry and brother of Hunter and Hayden.

jbcarol

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: jbcarol on June 29, 2017, 11:20:16 am
Hudson Henry is scheduled to visit July 19

ICYDK, he's a son of Mark Henry and brother of Hunter and Hayden.
I would like to say he's guaranteed to come just because of that, but ole miss said the same about peyton manning too and we all know how that played out
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Richard Davenport

I rarely say I told you so, but I told you so a few months ago about the 2019 in-state class being one of the better ones the state has recently produced.

presidenthog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 30, 2017, 07:15:16 pm
I rarely say I told you so, but I told you so a few months ago about the 2019 in-state class being one of the better ones the state has recently produced.
Have to keep them all home for any of that to matter.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 30, 2017, 07:15:16 pm

Well, it's not like that's some tremendous accomplishment.  Wouldn't take much to improve on recent instate classes.  We need this.  BB needs this. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

draftkings33

Justice hill would be a 5 star athlete if he played.  Another LR kid lost to basketball

redleg

I know Henry is, but who is the other 5-star recruit?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: redleg on July 05, 2017, 02:38:50 pm
I know Henry is, but who is the other 5-star recruit?

The WR. Can't remember his name right now.

Sapperhog

Supermark101

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 05, 2017, 03:27:03 pm
The WR. Can't remember his name right now.

Don't forget Rawleigh Williams' brother. The #1 player in Texas. I was talking about the class over all, not just in Arkansas.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Supermark101 on July 05, 2017, 05:04:09 pm
Don't forget Rawleigh Williams' brother. The #1 player in Texas. I was talking about the class over all, not just in Arkansas.

But this thread is about in-state recruits.

nwahogfan1

I wonder if these top rated kids want to see our wins improve enough to get us more national media and into the top 25?   I know it would help but would a 6\6 record kill us with any of these kids?

Pork Ranger

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 06, 2017, 07:41:56 pm
I wonder if these top rated kids want to see our wins improve enough to get us more national media and into the top 25?   I know it would help but would a 6\6 record kill us with any of these kids?

Obviously

jbcarol

Tusks

It would be nice to get two or three of these guys to commit this summer and get the ball rolling.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Großer Kriegschwein

Get all of these guys.

ALL OF THEM.
This is my non-signature signature.

presidenthog

The real question is how big is the 2019 class going to be. This class will be small. Next years class will have a ton of seniors and juniors leaving. I expect us to now have classes like last year, and this year, over and over. We will have a small and a huge class right after each other.

jbcarol

kp72204

Quote from: tusked on July 15, 2017, 06:30:37 pm
It would be nice to get two or three of these guys to commit this summer and get the ball rolling.
I'd rather they wait and be sure instead of committing then DE-committing (KJ Hill)!

rowdy1

Does anyone have a link to all of the instate recruiting class for 2019
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

jbcarol

jbcarol

sickboy

Looking outside the state of Arkansas it seems our 2019 potentials are pretty high too. 2019 looks like it could be a big year, especially at the WR position with Treylon Burks, Jadon Jackson and Devonta Lee out there.

bennyl08

Quote from: presidenthog on July 16, 2017, 10:51:34 pm
The real question is how big is the 2019 class going to be. This class will be small. Next years class will have a ton of seniors and juniors leaving. I expect us to now have classes like last year, and this year, over and over. We will have a small and a huge class right after each other.

We have by my count 20 scholarship juniors right now. Agim, Scoota, and Whaley will be juniors with high probability of leaving for the NFL. Further, quite a few really talented players that will be juniors who could also leave. Combine that with the inevitable couple of transfers and should be a full class.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HardingHog

Quote from: sickboy on July 20, 2017, 12:22:56 pm
Looking outside the state of Arkansas it seems our 2019 potentials are pretty high too. 2019 looks like it could be a big year, especially at the WR position with Treylon Burks, Jadon Jackson and Devonta Lee out there.

Maybe now that we have our QB, he'll reach out to some of these guys to start locking himself down some weapons

jbcarol

chenalhog

Quote from: draftkings33 on July 05, 2017, 02:08:35 pm
Justice hill would be a 5 star athlete if he played.  Another LR kid lost to basketball
he is playing football this year

OneTuskOverTheLine™

"Ewe"
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

redleg

According to 247Sports, these are the Top 5 in-state recruits for 2019:
1. WR Treylon Burks, Warren
2. TE Hudson Henry, PA
3. OL Darius Thomas, Jonesboro
4. WR Jadon Jackson, Bentonville West
5. LB Tyler Rosten, Paragould

Rivals top 5:
Same as 247Sports, except #5 is ATH Terry Lambert of Hampton.

Scout top 5 is the same as 247Sports.

ESPN is unreliable.

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

jbcarol

Kurt Anderson impressed with Arkansas' 2018, 2019 in-state crop

QuoteIn 2019, they have a great shot to get 4-star tackle Darius Thomas, a teammate of Gatlin's at Jonesboro. The importance of being able to stay within the state to find quality players isn't lost on offensive line coach Kurt Anderson.

"I think it's going to have a big positive impact," Anderson said. "Hopefully for the next couple years as you look at the recruiting there's some strong classes coming up here. This year and next year in terms of the state of Arkansas, which is obviously going to help this program."

jj202020

WR- Treylon Burks of Warren (6'4", 218lbs) ranked 22nd overall prospect in the nation in 2019 class by rivals.

ricepig

Quote from: jj202020 on August 07, 2017, 05:43:24 pm
WR- Treylon Burks of Warren (6'4", 218lbs) ranked 22nd overall prospect in the nation in 2019 class by rivals.

Darius Thomas Jonesboro OT #44
Hudson Henry PA TE #65

I doubt any end up that high in the end, but it would be nice!

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 08, 2017, 01:10:17 pm
This board is dead.

You know its bad when the basketball recruiting forum has more info than football.

rljjr

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 08, 2017, 01:14:26 pm
You know its bad when the basketball recruiting forum has more info than football.

Glad I'm not the only one, but again, it's a free board so I can only expect so much. I know i wouldn't want to work for free.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: rljjr on August 08, 2017, 01:37:40 pm
Glad I'm not the only one, but again, it's a free board so I can only expect so much. I know i wouldn't want to work for free.
We only have like 3 more spots.  There is no one we are after, currently doing anything.  Fulwider is waiting to take some officials in season, Foucha named us in his top 7, Beal and Ford aren't announcing anytime in the near future, and Bohannon is just a smoke screen, because he has been told he will not be a QB here. 

School is about to start and most recruiting is quiet.
All Gas, No Brakes!

rljjr

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 08, 2017, 01:55:06 pm
We only have like 3 more spots.  There is no one we are after, currently doing anything.  Fulwider is waiting to take some officials in season, Foucha named us in his top 7, Beal and Ford aren't announcing anytime in the near future, and Bohannon is just a smoke screen, because he has been told he will not be a QB here. 

These are all fair points and noted.

#1 STUNNA

Burks could very easily be a SEC player on the defensive side of the ball also

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 08, 2017, 01:55:06 pm

Its frustrating that CBB cannot recruit, sign, and utilize a dual threat QB. The rest of the SEC seems to be able to do that and whip our butts while doing it. I know its not a philosophy problem with CBB because he personally saw success with Russell Wilson. I just cant figure out why we are relying on pocket passers year after year when our own Achilles heel is the mobile QB who is hard to contain

Peter Porker

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 08, 2017, 05:27:56 pm
Its frustrating that CBB cannot recruit, sign, and utilize a dual threat QB. The rest of the SEC seems to be able to do that and whip our butts while doing it. I know its not a philosophy problem with CBB because he personally saw success with Russell Wilson. I just cant figure out why we are relying on pocket passers year after year when our own Achilles heel is the mobile QB who is hard to contain

Especially since every dual threat QB that every team has signed has won a national championship.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

tannerstahl

Imagine if we landed all the in state recruits along with Rawleigh's little brother...that would be incredible 🐗🐗🐗
i love the hogs....so very very much

bennyl08

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 08, 2017, 05:27:56 pm

Simple answer. Throwing ball is the most important thing a qb does. A qb can throw the ball downfield faster than he can run it himself, so even when they are mobile, running the ball themselves is about the least efficient use of them having the ball.

We've had 2 starting qb's ignoring injury. Brandon Allen was plenty mobile. Check out his combine/pro day numbers. Austin has shown plenty mobility as well.  Look at what CBB did with Russell Wilson. Wilson had about half the number of carries he had the previous year at NCState (and college includes sacks and such as carries). His efficiency numbers skyrocketed that year though.

I mean, CBB hasn't had a single pocket passer his time here. All of our qb's have been mobile. We've signed running qb's like Peavey, but he wasn't able to do the primary function of passing the ball as well as Austin (who is rated as the 8th best returning player in the SEC by PFF, so not beating him out in a competition doesn't mean Peavey was bad).

Check out the qb's who have won the national championship.

Watson: Mobile qb, but who stopped running as much his junior year and became a better passer
Coker: not mobile.
C. Jones: mobile-ish, about the same athleticism as BA, didn't run much
Winston: Not mobile
McCarron x2: Not mobile
Newton: mobile
McElroy: not mobile
Tebow: mobile
Flynn: not mobile
Leak: not mobile
Young: mobile
Leinart x2: not mobile
Mauck: not mobile
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse