Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Thompson 4 President

Started by Hawg Red, February 23, 2016, 07:43:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Uncommon

Trey is making the point blank shot great again.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Uncommon on February 23, 2016, 07:52:35 pm
Trey is making the point blank shot great again.
That's his spot!  SIAP   :-[

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Danny J

The two low post one on one moves down against Simmons were very encouraging. He is starting to gain some confidence.

Hoggish1

intelligence

Quote from: Danny J on February 23, 2016, 09:20:24 pm
The two low post one on one moves down against Simmons were very encouraging. He is starting to gain some confidence.

not to rain on your parade, but thompson has what, 40 or so pounds on simmons?

lefty08

Quote from: intelligence on February 23, 2016, 09:27:16 pm
not to rain on your parade, but thompson has what, 40 or so pounds on simmons?

He has that against most guys trying to guard him all year, and the fact he decided to take it right at the best one he's seen all year is encouraging. Not trying to rain on your parade
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

OperationRestoreHawgBall

You must also be a trump supporter. Emotion over logic. One good game does not excuse a multitude of bad ones. 12 points is his career high. Think about it.

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 23, 2016, 07:43:03 pm
I'm cray for Trey!!!!

nwahogfan1

He played a good game tonight.  He was very aggressive which was nice to see.

If he would develop a 15-18 foot shot he would really be hard to guard.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on February 23, 2016, 09:51:46 pm
You must also be a trump supporter. Emotion over logic. One good game does not excuse a multitude of bad ones. 12 points is his career high. Think about it.

intelligence

Quote from: lefty08 on February 23, 2016, 09:44:19 pm
He has that against most guys trying to guard him all year, and the fact he decided to take it right at the best one he's seen all year is encouraging. Not trying to rain on your parade

fair enough.

choppedporkextrasauce

IDIOT post of the day. Trey is starting to find his offense. He's been a solid role player who will give more next season.

rude1

Quote from: Danny J on February 23, 2016, 09:20:24 pm
Agreed. Was really pleasantly surprised to see him get aggressive and physical with Simmons on the offensive end.

rude1

He is a sophomore who played very little as a freshman, so you would expect that he would have a career high of about 30?

jdlew

He played 33 minutes last year....Wasted year!!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

intelligence

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 23, 2016, 10:24:16 pm
IDIOT post of the day. Trey is starting to find his offense. He's been a solid role player who will give more next season.

PROTIP: don't feed the troll. he's done nothing but spread discontent since the loss at auburn.

Nipsey Mussle

OperationRestoreHawgBall

OperationRestoreHawgBall

The idiocy is ignoring what trey has mostly done with his minutes this season. He'd better improve next year.

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 23, 2016, 10:24:16 pm

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Disagree.
We've seen the tools all season.  We just haven't seen him put them together until tonight.
I'm hoping this is the breakthrough game that gives him a great off season which means a big Junior season.

And to the poster that quoted 33 mins in his Frosh season.  If so, what a waste.  I just don't understand why MA doesn't redshirt obvious Frosh players that won't be able to contribute much or are projects that need time to reshape their bodies, etc.

(See also Jenkins...Thank God for mono.)
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Arkamedes

"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Soooie21

Quote from: Arkamedes on February 24, 2016, 02:28:25 am
I love watching the bench reaction on this play. Woo Pig!

Love it, he is giving Simmons some of his own medicine.....

Hawg Red

The eyes of the basketball world were upon him and Trey looked back into those eyes and said........."This.....is.....Fayetteville!!!!!" and knocked Ben Simmons into a pit of disgrace.

A warrior was born last night.

factchecker

February 24, 2016, 07:41:22 am #26 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:25:32 am by factchecker

I had the same reaction and my wife was looking at me like I was nuts.  She understands a dunk or maybe a big three pointer but not for a jump hook.  I explained to her that Trey just bodied a future NBA All-Star. 

I do agree that it would be called a foul on the road.  However, if I'm coach, that's an offensive foul I don't mind taking once a game.  Put some toughness back into the game.  Let em know your there big fella.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Scott7703

You must have zero basketball IQ. Treys issue has never been ability but has always been hesitation on the offensive end and lack of confidence with the ball. No one is overhyping anything but only giving the kid props for putting a quality game together. He continues to be a confident offensive player and Arkansas has a good one in Trey Thompson.

TomBigBeeHog

If you notice, the bench jumped up before Trey made his move to shot the ball. They were cheering the elbow to Simmons chest. Apparently, they were more fired up about Trey's aggressive move than the subsequent bucket. I know I was. It was great to see the dancing bear show his claws.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Last night was a player that looks be finally figuring it out.  He's gotten better little by little and then put it all together last night.

Also important to note this breakout game didn't come against a lesser opponent, it came against arguably the best player in the SEC this year. 

Why wouldn't fans get excited about this.  There is nothing wrong with even going a little overboard in the moment and being excited for the kid and for the future. 

Every player develops at a different pace and it appears the light is finally coming on for Trey.  There is no negative about it.  It's the middle of what his sophomore year so still plenty of time to get even better and help the team win a lot of games.

What's depressing is even after a great breakout performance from him some people feel the need to be negative about it.  What miserable unfulfilled lives they must have.  I'm guessing Low T as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 24, 2016, 08:17:56 am
If you notice, the bench jumped up before Trey made his move to shot the ball. They were cheering the elbow to Simmons chest. Apparently, they were more fired up about Trey's aggressive move than the subsequent bucket. I know I was. It was great to see the dancing bear show his claws.

They knew when he got Ben out the way it was an easy bucket.

Speaking of dunks, that dish in the last few tom Jabril to Moses and Jabril's tiny celebration before he even dunked it, that gave me Madden-to-Qualls type goosebumps.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 24, 2016, 08:23:09 am
Last night was a player that looks be finally figuring it out.  He's gotten better little by little and then put it all together last night.

Also important to note this breakout game didn't come against a lesser opponent, it came against arguably the best player in the SEC this year. 

Why wouldn't fans get excited about this.  There is nothing wrong with even going a little overboard in the moment and being excited for the kid and for the future. 

Every player develops at a different pace and it appears the light is finally coming on for Trey.  There is no negative about it.  It's the middle of what his sophomore year so still plenty of time to get even better and help the team win a lot of games.

What's depressing is even after a great breakout performance from him some people feel the need to be negative about it.  What miserable unfulfilled lives they must have.  I'm guessing Low T as well.

Displayed developments like Trey's last night are more important at this point than wins. Jimmy Whitt carried us in the first half as well. These are our victories now. Game wins are just bonuses. Seeing Trey last night made me feel better about the thought of Moses pulling a Qualls after the season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 24, 2016, 08:17:56 am

Yep, that's what I loved to see to.

TomBigBeeHog

wheelspigharvey

I'm guessing Low T as well.

Ben Simmons also suffered from a "Low T," because he's T and he made him suffer down low

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 24, 2016, 08:29:10 am
Displayed developments like Trey's last night are more important at this point than wins. Jimmy Whitt carried us in the first half as well. These are our victories now. Game wins are just bonuses. Seeing Trey last night made me feel better about the thought of Moses pulling a Qualls after the season.

Thanks for mentioning Whitt, he has really come on the last few games too and looks to be more progression than just isolated glimpses.  He has really been busting his hump and even during the 3 game losing streak he was out there hustling.  There was  a loose ball last night that looked like it might be going LSU's way but out of nowhere Whitt recovered it, kept the possession alive and I believe we got a bucket out of it.  Little things like that are the difference in some of our L's becoming W's.  Excited to watch these young guys continue to improve and at what appears to be a faster pace than originally expected.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 24, 2016, 09:32:51 am
Thanks for mentioning Whitt, he has really come on the last few games too and looks to be more progression than just isolated glimpses.  He has really been busting his hump and even during the 3 game losing streak he was out there hustling.  There was  a loose ball last night that looked like it might be going LSU's way but out of nowhere Whitt recovered it, kept the possession alive and I believe we got a bucket out of it.  Little things like that are the difference in some of our L's becoming W's.  Excited to watch these young guys continue to improve and at what appears to be a faster pace than originally expected.

Its all confidence with Whitt right now. His shot isn't any prettier than a month ago, he is just stepping in with confidence.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 24, 2016, 09:35:39 am
Its all confidence with Whitt right now. His shot isn't any prettier than a month ago, he is just stepping in with confidence.

I hope Whitt doesn't try to mess with his shot after seeing what happened with B.J. doing the same. Whitt just needs to own it and move on. He's not a bad shooter, like you said, he just hasn't been shooting with confidence most of the season. He can do other things well enough (like defend and get to the basket; elite wingspan) to not have to stress over his form on his shot. He just needs to play and be confident and comfortable.

Breems

I'm very excited we get Trey back next season with Kingsley. We should have a solid frontcourt to supplement a (hopefully) much improved backcourt.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Pork Twain

There is hope for next year for sure
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 24, 2016, 09:51:55 am
There is hope for next year for sure

Not just next year, to infinity and beyond!  :razorback:

Arkiebarkie

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 24, 2016, 07:27:25 am
The eyes of the basketball world were upon him and Trey looked back into those eyes and said........."This.....is.....Fayetteville!!!!!" and knocked Ben Simmons into a pit of disgrace.

Heck yes! He just needs to play the rest of the year. I love his soft hands around the hoop.

southarkhog06

#hogvillerealists

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Arkiebarkie on February 24, 2016, 10:29:38 am
Heck yes! He just needs to play the rest of the year. I love his soft hands around the hoop.

Did you say soft hands?  Trey could end up being the lovechild  of the Big O and Ro Wallace and I mean this in the best way possible. 

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Arkiebarkie on February 24, 2016, 10:29:38 am

That's what one of his ex-girlfriends used to say.

gmarv

Quote from: Breems on February 24, 2016, 09:47:16 am
I'm very excited we get Trey back next season with Kingsley. We should have a solid frontcourt to supplement a (hopefully) much improved backcourt.
if trey and kingsley keep improving (as they should) we will have a very good frontcourt.beard whit and even hannahs should also improve.thats a pretty good looking starting five.

pigroots

Trey is on schedule. Last year he wasn't good enough. Most freshmen aren't! This year we are seeing it in spurts. If he continues to improve he will be a force in his jr and sr years. This is pretty much the story of 4 year players. The exceptions are the NBA talents. I have to give CMA credit. He does develop players. Like we all agree we need more talented players to get back to a top 10 level

BigSexyHog

As a fan all I want to see is improvement for the players.  You can clearly see that with Trey.  Good sign going forward. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Nipsey Mussle

February 24, 2016, 08:17:33 pm #49 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:45:42 pm by BBsTheMan
Quote from: Hawg Red on February 24, 2016, 07:27:25 am

Now we're talking! Too many understatements in this thread, finally someone gets it.

I do think we shouldn't lose sight of the opponent, though. LSU has no defense whatsoever, about like us.