Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kapita to SMU? (SIAP)

Started by FreshHog, February 22, 2016, 11:19:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshHog

Just saw on twitter from a couple of days ago that Ted Kapita has committed to SMU?

I thought he was playin pro ball in some other country... but apparently he played a post-grad year in florida

[tweet]700840893591359488[/tweet]

Hawg Red

No telling what is really going on with Ted Kapita. I'll believe he's really eligible when I hear it from the NCAA and he actually plays.

jjdlc

Kapita was supposed to sign with a French team I believe, but never did.  Later it came out that he had signed with AmeriLeague, but that turned out to be a scam, and the contracts were void.  He then did the prep school route.

As Hawg Red pointed out, it's still very unclear if he'll be eligible or not, as the hold up was over paper work from the Congo which as far as anyone has reported is still missing. 

MikePiazza

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/smu-lands-potential-pro-in-ted-kapita/165117476?tcid=tw_article_165117476

Sounds like if he had gotten a high enough ACT score, he's wearing a Razorback uniform right now and this team probably is 17-10 or 16-11 right now instead of 13-14.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Kevin

larry brown, does not surprise me
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RazorPiggie

hogwood

Yeah SMU is full of it. Let's see if he end up there or not. If he does I'll be ticked. Would be the perfect addition for this year's class.

Drop the Mike

I love that the pic of him was taken in bud walton

hoglady

Heard this on the radio a little while ago, was confused as to why we got out of the mix.
After reading the article I understand now, he's still got to score high enough on the ACT to qualify.
Anderson really couldn't afford to tie up a scholarship 2 years in a row - while Kapita tries to get eligible.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogwood

Quote from: hoglady on February 22, 2016, 03:10:05 pm
Heard this on the radio a little while ago, was confused as to why we got out of the mix.
After reading the article I understand now, he's still got to score high enough on the ACT to qualify.
Anderson really couldn't afford to tie up a scholarship 2 years in a row - while Kapita tries to get eligible.

Thanks for clearing that up. I can understand not going after him now. Sucks because he is a baller.

hoglady

Quote from: hogwood on February 22, 2016, 03:13:28 pm
Thanks for clearing that up. I can understand not going after him now. Sucks because he is a baller.

Oh my Lord - could imagine this place if MA tied up a scholly again and then Kapita didn't get qualified again. Mike would be crucified.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hoglady on February 22, 2016, 03:19:13 pm
Oh my Lord - could imagine this place if MA tied up a scholly again and then Kapita didn't get qualified again. Mike would be crucified.

Nah. We'll just find someone that lightly recruited to take his place that won't see the floor for a few years.

Paul

Quote from: hoglady on February 22, 2016, 03:10:05 pm
Brown taught Cal everything he knows about cheating.  He'll probably have the same guy take Kapita's ACT that took Derek Rose's.   ::)

Hogs33

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain