Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Portis

Started by Pigliophile, February 21, 2016, 08:58:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigliophile

having a great game right now against the Lakers. He's getting a lot of PT.

Just trying to talk about something besides how all of a sudden we need to fire our coach.

ShadowHawg

Good to hear. Bobby will always be one of my top 5 Hogs regardless of sport. His love for our program is tremendous and he vocalizes it. Love that kid.

Pigliophile

17 pts 7 rebs in 25 mins.

bphi11ips

Shootin the 3-ball baby! 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

songofthesword

I never said the importance wasn't ready to be a NBA player last year from that standpoint he was physically ready to play in the NBA my point was always that last year was literally the most talented draft since probably 2003 and maybe even 1984 it's that deep last year 9/10 Years Bobby Portis wouldn't sniff anything less than top 10 pick look at this drive coming up next year and name 3 players you take before  Bobby Portis Ben Simmons   maybe Ingram from Duke maybe who else he's a surefire top-five pick this year on a much better rookie scale coming into a year where they're going to raise the scale because of the TV deal you probably cost himself around 5 or 10 million dollars by coming out a year early in my opinion but going toplay  for quite a while reminds me of over a more intense version of vin Baker

Dr. Starcs

^^^

Longest sentence in hogville history?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 22, 2016, 06:42:36 am
^^^

Longest sentence in hogville history?

Not a comma to be found either. ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: songofthesword on February 21, 2016, 11:01:30 pm
I never said the importance wasn't ready to be a NBA player last year from that standpoint he was physically ready to play in the NBA my point was always that last year was literally the most talented draft since probably 2003 and maybe even 1984 it's that deep last year 9/10 Years Bobby Portis wouldn't sniff anything less than top 10 pick look at this drive coming up next year and name 3 players you take before  Bobby Portis Ben Simmons   maybe Ingram from Duke maybe who else he's a surefire top-five pick this year on a much better rookie scale coming into a year where they're going to raise the scale because of the TV deal you probably cost himself around 5 or 10 million dollars by coming out a year early in my opinion but going toplay  for quite a while reminds me of over a more intense version of vin Baker

I contend just the opposite. The rookie contract scale is set through 2020 and is not going up in accordance with the infusion of new TV money. The best thing any player can be doing right now, is get to their 2nd contract. The only way this will change is "if" there is a work stoppage and if that is the case he would have to stay his senior year to wait and see if the rookie scale changes. As it is, if he has proven his worth in Chicago, there is a good chance he will get an extension after his 3rd year to prevent him from reaching any form of free agency. That will essentially void the 4th year of his deal and he will be getting a 2nd contract after 3 years just as the salary cap has risen $50 million in 3 years. "If" he establishes himself as a core player for them I think he might have made himself an extra $10 million by starting the clock a year early on what probably was a smaller rookie contract than he would have gotten this year. Very good to see BP playing so well and representing. I hope Hoiberg lasts in Chicago because he is the perfect coach for BP's game.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

SuperSid4Ever

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 22, 2016, 07:27:50 am
I contend just the opposite. The rookie contract scale is set through 2020 and is not going up in accordance with the infusion of new TV money. The best thing any player can be doing right now, is get to their 2nd contract. The only way this will change is "if" there is a work stoppage and if that is the case he would have to stay his senior year to wait and see if the rookie scale changes. As it is, if he has proven his worth in Chicago, there is a good chance he will get an extension after his 3rd year to prevent him from reaching any form of free agency. That will essentially void the 4th year of his deal and he will be getting a 2nd contract after 3 years just as the salary cap has risen $50 million in 3 years. "If" he establishes himself as a core player for them I think he might have made himself an extra $10 million by starting the clock a year early on what probably was a smaller rookie contract than he would have gotten this year. Very good to see BP playing so well and representing. I hope Hoiberg lasts in Chicago because he is the perfect coach for BP's game.

This^^^

And it was pretty widely discussed by Moaning Marcus that his family had lived in a box for long enough.  He had the chance to upgrade their lifestyles in ways many cannot understand, and far be it for any of us to criticize him for that.  Would've been nice to see him return, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.  Lets just be thankful we had him when we did, and wish him nothing but the best.

XavierZane

I've started watching as many of the Bulls games as I can since BP started getting increased playing time a few weeks ago.  He's basically the sixth man now with all their injuries.  If they go on a particularly long road trip, he might start some. 

Anyway, it's always great to watch.  He's always the hardest-hustling player on the court.  Even though he's gone through some typical rookie inconsistencies, everybody can tell how great he'll be.  Reggie Miller literally called him "the future of the league" the other night.

PonderinHog

Temporary derail here - Did anybody see what Anthony Davis did last night?  59 points and 20 rebounds.  Youngest player to ever score 50.

Carry on...

1highhog

Not trying to derail, but whatever became of Qualls after his injury?  He left early with Portis only to end up getting hurt and that's the last I ever heard about him.

I keep track of every game Portis plays in and watch the Bulls games when televised.  Almost every game he play significant time in they mention his hustle and upside.  I'm proud he's a Razorback.  I also love watching Beverley when Houston plays, while Houston is a train wreck of mismanaged talent, Beverley is sure fun to watch.  If there were awards for causing the havoc he causes on defense, he'd surely lead the league.  He's the only one on that team that can play defense.