Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1979 Houston Game Highlights

Started by Jborohog09, February 21, 2016, 11:08:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jborohog09

Figured today would be a good time to upload this one because of the banner ceremony last night and the other thread about the 78 UCLA game.  This was Sidney Moncrief's last game in Barnhill and he put on a show with 29 points.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3SRvUdfLbk&feature=youtu.be

Inhogswetrust

February 21, 2016, 11:14:23 am #1 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 11:59:02 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Jborohog09 on February 21, 2016, 11:08:58 am
Figured today would be a good time to upload this one because of the banner ceremony last night and the other thread about the 78 UCLA game.  This was Sidney Moncrief's last game in Barnhill and he put on a show with 29 points.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3SRvUdfLbk&feature=youtu.be

A few things: No three point line back then. Man what some of those players could have scored if they had it then! Does anyone know what Young is doing now? Also a little trivia. What TV gameshow did steve Schall appear on?  Here's a hint........it had several beautiful girls helping the host!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HoopS

US Reed was stroking from three point land. Always have to wonder how his numbers would have looked with a three point line.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoopS on February 21, 2016, 11:25:31 am
US Reed was stroking from three point land. Always have to wonder how his numbers would have looked with a three point line.

Delph would have been crazy from there! Take what he scored in his career and add about 40% more. I say only 40% because he did shoot inside what would have been the three point distance sometimes, but not often!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HawgWild

Thanks for posting. Eugene Nash was in at the end so you know the game was under control.  ;D I liked that the band broke into the Superman theme when Sidney went to the bench at the end of the game. Whatever happened to our band any way?!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HawgWild on February 21, 2016, 12:13:53 pm
Thanks for posting. Eugene Nash was in at the end so you know the game was under control.  ;D I liked that the band broke into the Superman theme when Sidney went to the bench at the end of the game. Whatever happened to our band any way?!

That's Eugene the Dunking Machine to us mortals!