Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sell Your Disney Stocks?

Started by BigBrandonAllenFan, June 30, 2017, 10:34:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBrandonAllenFan

In the 2 days since the audio spread of Johnny Depp's public call of encouragement to assassinate the US President, Disney has dropped appx 2%.

Wednesday, Disney closed at $107.50. This morning Disney is trading at 105.70, a drop of $1.80 per share.

Conservative national radio host Ben Ferguson has called for a boycott of Disney which employ's Captain Jack Sparrow, until ties are severed with the Paris, France resident.  That can't help Disney.  It sure didn't help Target when Ferguson did the same then.

I didn't own any entertainment stocks, but I probably would have sold Disney the second the story broke had I owned any Disney just as a precaution.  I think Depp's comments will make a least a temporary negative impact.  Disney may fall around 10%.  I may be wrong.  It's down 2% in two days though.  Not a good sign.. 

ricepig

If I sold every stock I own that has dropped 2% over two days, much less one, I wouldn't own any, lol.

HawgWild

I'm guessing that Disney will be hurt more by the flight of subscribers from ESPN than anything Depp does.

BigBrandonAllenFan

June 30, 2017, 10:52:37 am #3 Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:23:24 am by BigBrandonAllenFan
Quote from: HawgWild on June 30, 2017, 10:40:02 am
I'm guessing that Disney will be hurt more by the flight of subscribers from ESPN than anything Depp does.

You bring a great point in reference to the ESPN losses.  Which only means this new potential movie goer problem can only work to compound the current ESPN problem.  It may not.  People love Disney movies.  Disney isn't going to die by no means.  They are an international company.  Is Walt rolling over in his bio-freeze chamber?  Probably. 

People in Japan probably could care less what Johnny Depp says about the current US President, but still then, the majority of Disney's revenues are from national sources.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Disney closed up a half percent today.

hog.goblin

Vantage 8 dude

HotlantaHog

What's happening with ESPN and cable and broadcast TV matters a lot more. Not sure I would want to own anything that is TV related right now. Reminds me of newspapers 10 years ago.