Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WX sucks

Started by gotyacovered, January 26, 2012, 04:44:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

i guess the wx is directly indicative to the 'when pigs fly' thread.

its dead in here!

got a big couple days of practice tomorrow, and Saturday. hoping to schedule the check ride next week. this has been a very frustrating month.

You are what you tolerate.

theFlyingHog

For VFR wx in Arkansas....jeez......sometimes you just don't see it for what seems like a month. I had to keep postponing my IFR check ride for days of solid overcast at 2000feet. Irony sucks. hahaha

Keep studying and chair flying!!! Keep that enthusiasm up and try to remember to enjoy every little bit of this process!

gotyacovered

Lol, guess that what my dad means when he said, "it's all realitive"!!

Got it scheduled for Wednesday.

Flying Razorback

You're definitely right.  This seems to be a board made more for the spring through fall time frame, ha.  I still fly quite a bit (since it's my job) but probably wouldn't choose to pay for it as often in the winter.  Turbulence is higher, winds are higher, ceilings are lower, icing is more prevalent, and the SAT is colder leading to freezing cold preflights.

That being said, I'll take a cold day on the flight line over sitting in front of my computer any day of the week. 

Maybe we should have an icing thread though.  It's always good to discuss stories and education on icing.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

gotyacovered

He already called it off today. There is a brief period from 15:00-18:00 where it calls for ovc 3000, but the rest of the day it ranges from ovc 700-2300 visibility MVFR.

gotyacovered

got a new examiner, have to go to him, KLIT. Bill wasn't able to do it until Monday, I couldn't do Monday, and his next option was Wednesday. i wasn't willing to wait another week, especially with the weather like it is. New guy does weekends also.

Rick D'Angelo is the new one... anyone know the guy?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: gotyacovered on February 01, 2012, 03:50:52 pm
got a new examiner, have to go to him, KLIT. Bill wasn't able to do it until Monday, I couldn't do Monday, and his next option was Wednesday. i wasn't willing to wait another week, especially with the weather like it is. New guy does weekends also.

Rick D'Angelo is the new one... anyone know the guy?

Old guy?  Late 70's?  I can't remember the guy I used there in 2006.

gotyacovered

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on February 01, 2012, 06:55:19 pm
Old guy?  Late 70's?  I can't remember the guy I used there in 2006.

Don't think he was there in 07, your prob talking about a guy I hear about a lot... Barry. Think this guy recently retired so he is a pre 70's model. Just a guess though.

theFlyingHog

Barry is an older guy. He does the multi exams at central. Word is, if he likes you it's easy. If not, get ready to retake. I haven't heard of Rick. If you want a heads-up on him, call Central and talk to Cody or one of the other guys, maybe Paul Barre if he's still around

gotyacovered

Thanks man, soon as it gets clear here I am heading to LIT, hope to report back with good news! Central use this Rick cat quite a bit, That's who gave me his number. They use him and bill quite a bit. Both seem like good options.

theFlyingHog

Friggin awesome. I'm excited, wish I was doing my check ride! hahaha. I'll need a full run-down when you knock it out!!

gotyacovered

Will do, waiting for this stuff to burn off, or hoping it does anyway!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: gotyacovered on February 02, 2012, 08:29:05 am
Will do, waiting for this stuff to burn off, or hoping it does anyway!

That helps answer the "do I go straight for my instrument rating?" question!  The liberty it provides is awesome.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on February 02, 2012, 01:44:14 pm
That helps answer the "do I go straight for my instrument rating?" question!  The liberty it provides is awesome.
Just watch out for the clouds with rocks or ice in them! lol

bvillepig

Sounds like a great fly in celebration somewhere  !!!!!  I'll bring the cake.   

gotyacovered

February 03, 2012, 10:23:56 am #15 Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:06:46 pm by gotyacovered
...and just for the record, WX still sucks as bad with PPL in hand ;D