USCe

Started by gotyacovered, November 04, 2011, 12:36:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

Anyone flying?

I'm not... See 'prop werk' thread  :'(
You are what you tolerate.

bvillepig

Will be headed for NW Arkie tommorrow for the game. Anyone else headed that way?

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on November 04, 2011, 08:01:49 pm
Will be headed for NW Arkie tommorrow for the game. Anyone else headed that way?

I drove up last night, ginna be a beautiful flight for ya... I'm jealous.
You are what you tolerate.

bvillepig

It was rough below 4000.  Last night going home I stopped in Batesville and let a friend off.

60  knot  90 degree crosswind coming over that big bluff on 08. Awos was saying winds 120 5 knots

At 500 agl was withen a second of pulling the trigger to go around when everything began to somewhat calm down.  It was quite a ride yesterday. Had to be one of bumpiest from 4000 to ground

Great game   

theFlyingHog

Quote from: bvillepig on November 06, 2011, 03:36:19 pm
It was rough below 4000.  Last night going home I stopped in Batesville and let a friend off.

60  knot  90 degree crosswind coming over that big bluff on 08. Awos was saying winds 120 5 knots

At 500 agl was withen a second of pulling the trigger to go around when everything began to somewhat calm down.  It was quite a ride yesterday. Had to be one of bumpiest from 4000 to ground

Great game
I just love those rides down in those conditions. It was so bad on final to LIT one night I thought I had asymmetric flaps.

bvillepig

My wife and I are fine with it. I was wanting to do my woo hoo call I use when I am riding a coaster. However I had two passengers who do not find any kind of joy with flight.

I had invited them along several times and they finally took me up on it.  Hopefully they will ride again.  I really try to accommodate the feelings of friends who do not like to fly. 

Do you guys practice asymmetric flap conditions in a simulator ?  Or maybe you have had a real situation.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: bvillepig on November 08, 2011, 04:05:27 pm
My wife and I are fine with it. I was wanting to do my woo hoo call I use when I am riding a coaster. However I had two passengers who do not find any kind of joy with flight.

I had invited them along several times and they finally took me up on it.  Hopefully they will ride again.  I really try to accommodate the feelings of friends who do not like to fly. 

Do you guys practice asymmetric flap conditions in a simulator ?  Or maybe you have had a real situation.
I haven't done any sim work since I first started instrument training. The asymmetric flap thing is just something I thought up during one of my "what if" sessions.
The night I thought I may have that problem, the wind was slamming me so hard I was standing on the rudder and it wasn't enough. Was just about to go around when the wind just quit, flat calm, and everything straightened out

Flying Razorback

Quote from: bvillepig on November 06, 2011, 03:36:19 pm

Great game   

Nothing scares me more than wind shear.  I keep a very very close eye on ground speed and wind direction/speed down final.  If I hear something far off from what I'm seeing before the final approach fix then I'm up in my seat the rest of the way down.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

bvillepig

November 08, 2011, 08:45:06 pm #8 Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:26:27 pm by gotyacovered
Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on November 08, 2011, 08:07:37 pm
Nothing scares me more than wind shear.  I keep a very very close eye on ground speed and wind direction/speed down final.  If I hear something far off from what I'm seeing before the final approach fix then I'm up in my seat the rest of the way down.

Definitely was up in my seat and ready to go around . Winds just died for the most part.

I have about 1200 hours in the saratoga and 1500 total all single engine and that was the worst I have experienced.