Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today was the end of Beliema

Started by NorthDallas40, October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 13, 2013, 09:32:16 am
What is the Arkansas record for pick 6's thrown in one season? I am counting that one yesterday as a pick 6 so that is 3 this year for BA.

It's not the pick 6's that really concern me.  It's the total quit by the team after them that does

bigbadhog

I don't think yesterday was the end of Beliema but I think it shows we made the wrong hire which is what I have thought from the second I heard the announcement. 
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

MissippHog

I really don't get some of you.  Here, I have an idea.  The team is down, let's kick them some more.  I really believe a few of you are too stupid to realize that your continuous complaining does more detriment than good.  Let's pretend I'm a top-level recruit reading this crap.  Do you think it would encourage me to check out the school or would it push me away?  I think some of you actually believe that you have some sort of influence at UA.  Let me clue you dummies in on something.  Being a keyboard warrior on a message board is not getting anyone's attention at the school.  Just let it go because you aren't as important as you think you are.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pm
Just to put it into context, I was an original darksider. Not for Nutt. But for Nolan on Woopig with Truth and Him. I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.
I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues. Have had four tickets in the Red Zone since it opened.
The hogs are like my fourth child after my two kids and dog. Some of you know what I mean.
I golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back. Despite his dumb guy look, he's smart and witty. He's also foul and drops f bombs without knowing his audience (me too).
On this website, I posted under another handle when we lost at home to Bama with Mallett and our not being able to hold our lead that that was our one shot for greatness. Of course, everyone on here said I wasn't a fan and that we'd beat Bama for the next five years in a row.
So to today, this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees. But today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager. That will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 
He will be gone by year 3. And we will be stuck right back where we are now. But such is life. The stories will start in the offseason about how such an outspoken loud mouth is just not a good fit for Arkansas. By the end of next year, everyone on here will agree. And then he will get a third year to look for his next gig and we will back to square one. Can't wait.

you played golf with someone who drops f bombs, and you posted on Woopig, and you've been posting on message boards longer than a 5th grader, and what else?

okay and you felt the need to post how many season tickets you get, and you're the analyst of whether or not the cupboard is bare.

okay and you played a large roll in getting Frank fired, and it's topical that you also drop f bombs on the golf course in Dallas.

got it

Hawgon

If your philosophy is mistake free football and you emphasize it over and over to your kids.  And then after a tough loss at Rutgers you point out to them how their mistakes killed them.  And then, they see our offense for what it is, with a QB who is not asked to win the game, but simply to be mistake free.  Well, you are setting them up to be tight and to make mistakes and when they make the mistake, they know they can't win with mistakes because...well, you've told them that they can't win with mistakes and have to play mistake free football.  And if they can't win, well, what is the point of continuing to try?

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Hawgon on October 13, 2013, 09:37:58 am
If your philosophy is mistake free football and you emphasize it over and over to your kids.  And then after a tough loss at Rutgers you point out to them how their mistakes killed them.  And then, they see our offense for what it is, with a QB who is not asked to win the game, but simply to be mistake free.  Well, you are setting them up to be tight and to make mistakes and when they make the mistake, they know they can't win with mistakes because...well, you've told them that they can't win with mistakes and have to play mistake free football.  And if they can't win, well, what is the point of continuing to try?

you're wearing a mini skirt and lipstick right now aren't you

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: luke hawg on October 12, 2013, 05:53:37 pm
It all depends on his ability to recruit. If next years class is as talented as this one. He will do fine here.
well, it will be Top 15 next year. 4 pledges, all 4*s. And Bell or Storey could end up a 5*.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogcoots

Quote from: MissippHog on October 13, 2013, 09:36:42 am
I really don't get some of you.  Here, I have an idea.  The team is down, let's kick them some more.  I really believe a few of you are too stupid to realize that your continuous complaining does more detriment than good.  Let's pretend I'm a top-level recruit reading this crap.  Do you think it would encourage me to check out the school or would it push me away?  I think some of you actually believe that you have some sort of influence at UA.  Let me clue you dummies in on something.  Being a keyboard warrior on a message board is not getting anyone's attention at the school.  Just let it go because you aren't as important as you think you are.

Discussing and complaining on a message board will have no impact on the program or recruiting.  If it did, half of the teams in college football (those that lost yesterday) would be looking for a coach today and have 0 commitments for the upcoming year.  However, empty seats in stadiums have major impacts.    Let's see how this year progresses with that in mind. 

Speedracer

I've been relatively neutral about CBB and after the staff he assembled I was leaning towards thinking we hired the right guy.  I'm a huge razorback fan and drove 6 hours to watch them play this weekend.  Watching that game got me really concerned about what this staff is doing.  I think we have no choice but to go with Allen even though I've never been a believer in his ability.  My concern is that yesterday was not one step back, but several.  Our passing attack might be as bad as I've ever seen in my years of being a hog fan, and that includes HDN.  Lack of talent and injuries have played a part, but there is simply no execution and no players on the same page. Receivers having passes thrown at their shoes, and then when it is put on their hands, it's flat out dropped.  Predictable play calling.  The defense was equally discouraging.  I don't understand why Ash has our safety walking down to the line of scrimmage and leaving our questionable CB's with no help over the top.  The defense looks completely lost and for that, I put this on the coaching.  This staff just got it flat out handed to them yesterday.

If Austin and Peavey can't beat out BA next season we are in deep trouble.  Our wideouts are easily as bad as they come in the SEC and it concerns me that the drops and fumbles continue. Coach Smith hasn't been able to correct this and at this point, we have no committed playmakers for next season. 

I'm not ready to say we made a bad hire because I do think there are some challenges this season that are what they are.  But for 6 million dollars there needs to be some sort of sign of improvement wether it be an upset over a team or recruiting picking up in a big way.
Like smites bother me.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pm
Just to put it into context, I was an original darksider. Not for Nutt. But for Nolan on Woopig with Truth and Him. I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.
I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues. Have had four tickets in the Red Zone since it opened.
The hogs are like my fourth child after my two kids and dog. Some of you know what I mean.
I golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back. Despite his dumb guy look, he's smart and witty. He's also foul and drops f bombs without knowing his audience (me too).
On this website, I posted under another handle when we lost at home to Bama with Mallett and our not being able to hold our lead that that was our one shot for greatness. Of course, everyone on here said I wasn't a fan and that we'd beat Bama for the next five years in a row.
So to today, this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees. But today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager. That will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 
He will be gone by year 3. And we will be stuck right back where we are now. But such is life. The stories will start in the offseason about how such an outspoken loud mouth is just not a good fit for Arkansas. By the end of next year, everyone on here will agree. And then he will get a third year to look for his next gig and we will back to square one. Can't wait.

LOL.  Some people really have an inflated opinion of their value. Here's the acid test to gauge your importance to the program.  Get lost, disappear, and never contribute again.  Then see how much you will be missed and if the Hog Football team closes shop because of your lack of support.  This is just a wild guess on my part but I would venture that 99.99999999% of the Hog Fans and power brokers would never miss Mr. NorthDallas40 (boy, that's original).

"I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues".
- Of course you did.  You're so important you post on a message board for free.  Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

"I golfed with Beliema here in Dallas a few months back".
- Is this somehow supposed to impress us?  It didn't. 

"Can't wait"
- I guess you will have to even for somebody as important as you are, in your own mind. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: MissippHog on October 13, 2013, 09:36:42 am
It is a group of fans discussing/venting/complaining/debating. We could not care less who else is reading this. Besides, I doubt recruits read any of this here. You assume too much. This is the best of all the Razorback fan message boards but only 1 of about 4 or 5. To think recruits are reading Hogville regularly and to think it is affecting them is ridiculous, friendo.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hawgon on October 13, 2013, 08:21:20 am
BB is a poor cultural fit.  People at Arkansas are always confused as to whether they want a coach or a Sunday school teacher.  A certain amount of cussing can be overlooked if a guy is winning, but drinking?  No, the Baptists will not have it.  So, a coach with a well known propensity to drink his arse off and who is quick to drop the F-bomb without first checking his company is one embarrassing incident from the doghouse at Arkansas.

You don't have to like it.  I don't particularly, but that is just the way it is here.  A guy who was from the South, or had a least coached in the region, would have understood that and had been a better fit in that regard.

So, yeah, the OP is exactly correct.  If BB doesn't start winning, you're going to start hearing little stories about these sorts of things.  Stories that had been covered up, but now are being used to show BB is a bad fit.  Like I said, you don't have to like it, but I have been an Arkansas fan my entire life and I know how things work.

Holtz was the toast of the town after he invoked the "Do Right Rule" and we beat OU. Three or four years later, when the bloom had worn off the rose, he was painted as not being a good fit. A northern guy who refused to hob knob with our boosters.

Hatfield was seen as too religious, as having no time for the "beer drinkers."

Ford was a rube.

Nutt was...well, there isn't enough space.

Petrino was standoffish to boosters and former letterman, and coarse.

Bielema is Big Ten and coarse.

It's always something. Just depends on who is upset with the coach and can spin the story first.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 13, 2013, 09:56:00 am
It is a group of fans discussing/venting/complaining/debating. We could not care less who else is reading this. Besides, I doubt recruits read any of this here. You assume too much. This is the best of all the Razorback fan message boards but only 1 of about 4 or 5. To think recruits are reading Hogville regularly and to think it is affecting them is ridiculous, friendo.
you forgot gloating

PP

OldCoot

Quote from: The Artist Yo Huckleberry on October 12, 2013, 08:11:25 pm
this

Wouldn't have had to. That was all fluff. This fire was all on Long and that woman's coach who said " I know Jeff Long will do the right thing". 

OldCoot

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on October 13, 2013, 12:36:36 am
Those who don't remember history...

5 years ago, according to many on here and elsewhere, the sky was falling because this "Yankee" wannabe from the Big East who bagged on Atlanta before the season was over was going 5-7. Why even Nutt did better than that the 2 years before!

There were a few bumper stickers spotted reading "Petrino: go back to Atlanta!" Petrino has been accused of many things, but being stupid enough to do that is not one of them.

Now some of the same people act like Petrino invented football. I told them then that better times were coming and I'll tell the rest now. Bielema is not a miracle worker, but he is a proven head coach.

Teams can make drastic improvements in 1-2 seasons. How many of you picked Ole Miss to go to a Bowl last season after a guy just a few years removed from HS football inherited the rubble of the Hooty Nutt era?

A&M was a laughing stock just two short seasons ago in the Big 12. As they made their last tour of that league they blew big halftime leads in several games (including vs US) and were taunted by chants of "SEC" by shorthorn fans especially.

Texass beat them and rubbed their noses in it. Now, A&M is the "cool" school in Texass and the Whorns are a joke with possibly a lameduck coach. Even though UT beat OU today, if Mack Daddy loses badly to Baylor or Tech or Okie Lite, does he still keep his job? It has to be even more frustrating to Texass that Manziel wanted to go there, but Mack offered him...as a SAFETY.

The OP lost all credibility when he bragged about being a darksider, but had no problem with Hooty. Yes, Broyles was pushed out, but I doubt this guy had anything to do with it.

I don't know if there is a Manziel on our horizon to change our fortunes, but to expect a winning season with this drastic seachange and glaring lack of talent at some positions, such a totally different way of doing things was just not realistic. Not in today's SEC.

I picked 6-6, by the way. I don't think 6 wins is doable now. 4, 5 at most is much more likely and this team could finish 3-9. Like Awbarn last year.

St. Gus had the advantage of knowing most of the players he inherited having recruited many and he certainly knew the SEC better than BB did coming in. With a few impact recruits and improvements from returning players, this could and hopefully will be a much better team in 2014.

An SEC schedule is NEVER easy, but the schedule lets up a little as well. Manziel will probably be gone. McCarron, Mettenberger and Murray, all on our 2014 slate, will be gone for sure.

When your program is down, it seems as if all your opponents have experienced QBs and you don't. I don't know if BA will be the guy in 2014, but Mettenberger was about as bad last year as he's been good in 2013.

Do you think Alabama fans wanted to can Saban after he lost to ULM his first season?