look at memphis

Started by jmark, September 16, 2017, 03:02:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jmark

it's time to support the Hogs!
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

ADavisTheGOAT

No it's time to fire Bielema and hire a new coach. SMU has already hung 16 on TCU in the 1st quarter.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jmark

no its not.  CBB is our coach. the Hogs are our team.  if memphis can beat ucla we can be aTm.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: jmark on September 16, 2017, 03:02:51 pm
it's time to support the Hogs!

Memphis 48-UCLA 45  Might be time to take a look at the Memphis coach.

jmark

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on September 16, 2017, 03:06:02 pm

maybe. but for now CBB.  i think its time open some whoop a$$ on aTm

Danimal

He's married to a Fort Smith girl (father-in-law's a friend of mine).

jmark

CBB is going to turn this around.  aTm going down.  the Hogs will have a good team when nobody predicts

Letsroll1200

No thank you

jmark

just like holding on mike anderson.  we should hold on to CBB

rtr

Quote from: jmark on September 16, 2017, 03:15:04 pm
just like holding on mike anderson.  we should hold on to CBB
I love your optimism.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

jmark

Tusks

I like the Memphis coach.  He should be looked at when CBB is sent packing.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

codeHog

if we struggle...then we might take the winner of the SMU-Memphis game :)

Pecos Hog

Quote from: jmark on September 16, 2017, 03:05:54 pm
no its not.  CBB is our coach. the Hogs are our team.  if memphis can beat ucla we can be aTm.

uhh, not so fast.   We'll have to see about that one.

rtr

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 16, 2017, 03:25:33 pm
uhh, not so fast.   We'll have to see about that one.

Aggies looked good in the second half.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: rtr on September 16, 2017, 03:26:53 pm
Aggies looked good in the second half.
Mond and the rest of the aggies are getting in some good practice (against another team).    I'd rather the hogs be playing a game instead of having a bye.

hoglady

Unfortunately, Mond looked a lot better passing the ball today.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 16, 2017, 03:13:15 pm
No thank you

Why not? He already has two wins against Top 25 teams this season.

factchecker

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 16, 2017, 04:22:08 pm
Why not? He already has two wins against Top 25 teams this season.

UCLA and ?

I don't think Louisiana Monroe was in the top 25.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 16, 2017, 04:48:33 pm
UCLA and ?

I don't think Louisiana Monroe was in the top 25.

I was counting Texas A&M.

factchecker

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 16, 2017, 04:52:24 pm
I was counting Texas A&M.

Memphis didn't beat AnM and AnM wasn't ranked anyways.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 16, 2017, 04:54:15 pm
Memphis didn't beat AnM and AnM wasn't ranked anyways.

Gotta keep you on your toes.

A&M had 33 votes in the preseason AP POLL though...

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 16, 2017, 03:04:38 pm
No it's time to fire Bielema and hire a new coach. SMU has already hung 16 on TCU in the 1st quarter.
SMU lol Let that sink in fellas

Folks, get real.  If we should actually beat A&M with 2 weeks to get ready, what have we done.  The way nearly everyone is describing A&M is a midlevel AAC caliber team.  Hell we should beat them and name by how bad before we tee it up.  With all the mouthing BB and company has heard within the past week from us and with all his blowing about getting this corrected, one should expect us to win.  But it won't last.  BB won't actually work hard for the long haul.  We might smoke for a game but BB has absolutely nothing he cares to offer long term.  Thats hard work.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: 12247 on September 16, 2017, 05:24:26 pm
Folks, get real.  If we should actually beat A&M with 2 weeks to get ready, what have we done.  The way nearly everyone is describing A&M is a midlevel AAC caliber team.  Hell we should beat them and name by how bad before we tee it up.  With all the mouthing BB and company has heard within the past week from us and with all his blowing about getting this corrected, one should expect us to win.  But it won't last.  BB won't actually work hard for the long haul.  We might smoke for a game but BB has absolutely nothing he cares to offer long term.  Thats hard work.
Hogs had 9 months to prepare for TCU. Played them last year so not unfamiliar with them. Blown out in a home game by TCU because Hogs' offense could not put the ball in the EZ. But by God they sure can move it down the field.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

LZH

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 16, 2017, 05:14:58 pm

Welp, they used to kick our ass 20 yrs  ago....may as well enjoy it again.

FineAsSwine

[/quote

I think we are already aTm.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Calling All Hogs

When it comes time to hire a new coach let's hope we learned a lesson about hiring one hit wonders from our hire of Stan Heath.

hogblitz

Quote from: Danimal on September 16, 2017, 03:10:12 pm
He's married to a Fort Smith girl (father-in-law's a friend of mine).
Is there any truth to Arkansas being his dream job?

Danimal

Quote from: hogblitz on September 17, 2017, 11:51:36 am
Is there any truth to Arkansas being his dream job?
I've never asked that question to his father-in-law so I can't honestly answer it here. I plan to ask him about it next time I run into him, but he's the type guy who might not say much (understandably).

codeHog

Ole Miss fans said this:
NO Charlie strong!!! NO Les Miles. No retreads like we had with houston nutt. They shud go to norvell's house and just throw money at him.

twistitup

If Memphis can beat UCLA we need to look real close at the Memphis coach when it's time to hire.
UCLA would BLOW our doors off at the moment and this guy puts a squad together at MEMPHIS that beats UCLA - I love it. I don't care if it's his recruits or not - he beat a high powered offense with his own high powered O
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jmark

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 01:32:24 pm
If Memphis can beat UCLA we need to look real close at the Memphis coach when it's time to hire.
UCLA would BLOW our doors off at the moment and this guy puts a squad together at MEMPHIS that beats UCLA - I love it. I don't care if it's his recruits or not - he beat a high powered offense with his own high powered O

i like

VirginiaHog

No it's not. It's time to support our hog and win. CBB will still be our coach next year.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 16, 2017, 05:14:58 pm

56 points allowed in regulation... Let that sink in.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 01:32:24 pm

Actually it took an INT return. The Memphis O didn't play as well statistically as the UCLA O. The INT return was big.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 17, 2017, 06:32:17 pm
Actually it took an INT return. The Memphis O didn't play as well statistically as the UCLA O. The INT return was big.

UCLA is a ranked national program - Memphis is a traditional underdog....coach was able to rally the troops to get a HUGE victory for Memphis....we NEED a coach w that mentality

The Hogfather

TCU would beat UCLA (and Memphis) by 4 TDs.  Memphis coach is nothing special.  I'd definitely rather have Fuente (the one who built Memphis into a good program again) or Brohm.

The Hogfather

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 06:51:33 pm
UCLA is a ranked national program - Memphis is a traditional underdog....coach was able to rally the troops to get a HUGE victory for Memphis....we NEED a coach w that mentality

Rankings are bullshiz.  Rosen is overrated and so is UCLA as a team.  They are not good.

aloha_kid

Good thing they don't play just one quarter.

twistitup

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 17, 2017, 07:02:12 pm
TCU would beat UCLA (and Memphis) by 4 TDs. 

now that is some bs

we lost to a weak TCU team - the season will tell the tale

twistitup

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 17, 2017, 07:03:32 pm
Rankings are bullshiz.  Rosen is overrated and so is UCLA as a team.  They are not good.

Rankings are bullshiz when your team is not in them....but when they are-

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 07:40:23 pm
now that is some bs

we lost to a weak TCU team - the season will tell the tale

Yeah well, you don't know that. You are just looking for ways to make our situation look worse.
Go Hogs Go!

jgphillips3

Norvell may be a good coach.  Probably two seasons too soon for him to take on a program like ours (think Stan Heath...need a track record over time) when Fuente built what he is using.  What Brohm did with Western Kentucky and the marvelous job he is doing at Purdue suggest he may be ready to step up.  There are a couple of others out there as well. 

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 17, 2017, 07:47:55 pm
Yeah well, you don't know that. You are just looking for ways to make our situation look worse.

Did you see the SMU game?

SMU...they lost but also exposed TCU

twistitup

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 17, 2017, 07:48:03 pm
Norvell may be a good coach.  Probably two seasons too soon for him to take on a program like ours (think Stan Heath...need a track record over time) when Fuente built what he is using.  What Brohm did with Western Kentucky and the marvelous job he is doing at Purdue suggest he may be ready to step up.  There are a couple of others out there as well. 

True...can't disagree

Fuente is using somebody else's recruits...but at least he's not losing saying he 'needs his own guys' like so many other coaches that take over successful programs.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 07:49:11 pm
Did you see the SMU game?

SMU...they lost but also exposed TCU

You are assuming UCLA & Memphis are good....
You can watch any game on TV and then come on here claiming "Winning Coach & team" are better than "Other coach & team"...weak.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The Hogfather

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 07:49:46 pm
True...can't disagree

Fuente is using somebody else's recruits...but at least he's not losing saying he 'needs his own guys' like so many other coaches that take over successful programs.

Fuente has actually built a program.  He did it at Memphis before he went to VT.  They were 5-31 in the 3 years prior to him arriving.  Norvell hasn't done that.  He has one 8-5 year with another coach's players.  Fuente wasn't left a shiz program, that's why he doesn't have to say he needs his own players.