Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wildcat Plays --- Aggies cant stop it

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, September 21, 2014, 12:41:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

I see more and more wildcat plays and I think Arkansas will expose Aggies on wildcat  plays.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

reddogjcss

Hope we use it! Great running backs with an extra blocker! Nice add on,

GB-Razorback

Collins playing the role of DMac

JWill playing the role of Hillis

Marshall playing the role of Felix

... that'll leave a mark.

Will we see a jump pass to Henry?
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Pigasaurus

Don't forget Duwop.  He looked smooth and fast in an earlier game.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

BOAR_N2BWILD

I would almost bet the farm that Derby throws a pass on Saturday vs Aggies
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

dhizzle

Duwup looked good in the spring game. Anyone now why he hasn't seen the field?

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

PorkerOinker

I won't be shocked if we see some Wildhog :) on Saturday, but I will be shocked if we see a significant amount of it.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

The Hogfather

Betcha BB sticks with what brung us this far.  We are good at running the ball.  If we can run on the A&M defense, we won't throw much.  A&M should be able to score on us if they have the ball much.  I see BB holding that ball all game long.

carolinahogger

Risky move from a fan support perspective.  If it doesn't work 99% of fans will raise hell because he is trying to get cute.

SPAL

Yes.... please bring in a WR/RB/former QB who we have seen play a handful of snaps to run a trick play. They will never see that coming.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 21, 2014, 08:48:11 pm
Yes.... please bring in a WR/RB/former QB who we have seen play a handful of snaps to run a trick play. They will never see that coming.

CBB will smash through the front door or play action if he can.  AC in the wildcat was to give A&M staff something to worry about. 

The thing about the wildcat though is that you don't have to do any fancy ball handling and AC could take advantage of the chaos that might erupt if a reserve QB  or ex-QB were put in motion across the wildcat formation.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: GB-Razorback on September 21, 2014, 07:05:11 pm

I'd really like to see that.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

reddogjcss

I'm not sure but figure U have witness the fact that A&M can't stop the wildcat or is this a wishful thought?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: reddogjcss on September 21, 2014, 09:36:19 pm
I'm not sure but figure U have witness the fact that A&M can't stop the wildcat or is this a wishful thought?

An Aggie doesn't fill gaps for wildcat plays... ask the Aggie fans about their problems they will have against Collins, Williams and Marshalll.... an Aggie nightmare on the wildcat

alohawg

September 22, 2014, 01:57:22 pm #17 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:36:23 pm by alohawg
Quote from: carolinahogger on September 21, 2014, 08:36:53 pm
Risky move from a fan support perspective.  If it doesn't work 99% of fans will raise hell because he is trying to get cute.

Yeah, not sure on the Wildcat.....I'm definitely not big on the trickery attempts this year so far though. I hope they are addressing ball control, last thing we need is a costly turn over like we almost had with the bobbled pitch to Marshall last time.
I like the smash mouth you know what's coming and can't stop it coupled with play action approach....until they stop it.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: alohawg on September 22, 2014, 01:57:22 pm
Yeah, not sure on the Wildcat.....I'm definitely not big on the trickery attempt this year so far though. I hope they are addressing ball control, last thing we need is a costly turn over like we almost had with the bobbled pitch to Marshall last time.
I like the smash mouth you know what's coming and can't stop it coupled with play action approach....until they stop it.

Wildcat is power running game with an extra blocker. Aggies will have trouble with it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: pigasaurus on September 21, 2014, 07:09:17 pm
Don't forget Duwop.  He looked smooth and fast in an earlier game.

Hellerrrrrr...!!! That would be nasty.. I believe he is a slightly better passer than DMAC. ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

Duwop on the speed sweep what???? he drifting back,  he got Collins open ..... TD HOGS!!!!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 22, 2014, 02:36:05 pm
Duwop on the speed sweep what???? he drifting back,  he got Collins open ..... TD HOGS!!!!

And Aggie fans are crying. Their male cheerleaders are crying.

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Break & Run on September 22, 2014, 02:59:21 pm
I just want the WHAM play!!!

The Wham will come from a Wildcat play with crying Aggie defenders

greenie

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 22, 2014, 02:36:05 pm

I would love to see Duwop with some sort of offensive role.  He seems to be totally lost in the depth chart.

Has he been on the field much?  I don't remember seeing him.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: greenie on September 22, 2014, 03:23:42 pm
I would love to see Duwop with some sort of offensive role.  He seems to be totally lost in the depth chart.

Has he been on the field much?  I don't remember seeing him.

He played RB vs Nichols State. He ran for some yards. Did well for a kid from New Jersey.

SamBuckhart

Collins almost scored on it Saturday in the red zone. Would be interesting to see all three at once.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: SamBuckhart on September 22, 2014, 03:44:11 pm
Collins almost scored on it Saturday in the red zone. Would be interesting to see all three at once.

It will be a nightmare to the Aggies DC.  He will give up 7+ yards every play.

Paul

Quote from: carolinahogger on September 21, 2014, 08:36:53 pm
I seriously doubt BB is worried what the fans think. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Paul on September 22, 2014, 04:06:14 pm
I seriously doubt BB is worried what the fans think. 

I doubt CBB reads message boards but he runs wildcat vs NIU so I assure you Chaney and company will do wildcat plays and Aggies will not be able to stop it.

three hog night

Quote from: GB-Razorback on September 21, 2014, 07:05:11 pm

That sounds impressive...jeez I would like to see this
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: three hog night on September 22, 2014, 04:22:20 pm
That sounds impressive...jeez I would like to see this

You will see it. It will give Aggies nightmares. Their flight back to College Station will be the longest 45 minute flight ever. They will be saddened by a 45-35 Hogs victory.

Pudgepork

those aggie dude cheerleaders don't cry.   They've learned that their mascara runs and bleeds into those awful pantaloons

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Pudgepork on September 22, 2014, 05:11:12 pm
those aggie dude cheerleaders don't cry.   They've learned that their mascara runs and bleeds into those awful pantaloons

They don't have cheerleaders they have guys yelling different stuff and they sway back and forth in the stands. I don't know what the Aggie fans are doing. But someone could explain

HogFanatic

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 22, 2014, 05:34:25 pm
They don't have cheerleaders they have guys yelling different stuff and they sway back and forth in the stands. I don't know what the Aggie fans are doing. But someone could explain

My boss tried explaining all that to me the other day. I just nodded my head and said "sounds like fun".

I have no idea what he was saying, but I am pretty sure he is a homo. (not that there is anything wrong with that.)

FLOHOG79

September 22, 2014, 07:50:07 pm #35 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:02:27 pm by FLOHOG79
Why would we do that. Just line up, push them around, kick them while they are down, and run the ball all over them like we are built to do. That will be more impressive than the Gus Malzahn BS. RUN IT DOWN THROAT AND KILL CLOCK!

MAN BALL

PorkSoda

you don't have to get fancy with the wildcat.  direct snap to collins and let him run down hill.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 22, 2014, 08:16:04 pm
you don't have to get fancy with the wildcat.  direct snap to collins and let him run down hill.

But Aggies are not prepared for wildcat plays. I see some good plays from the wildcat.