Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attendance @ today's game looks HORRIBLE on TV

Started by Mike Shelton, November 23, 2012, 02:12:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deucea729

Quote from: Hawg-in-das on November 24, 2012, 12:05:12 am
Stands were noticeably empty after halftime at a game against #7 LSU and only down by 7.  CBS showed that over and over and over...

I take it you weren't in them, either.

pigfeet

So I'm hearing 3 main reasons for not showing up:

1. Too Cold

2. Team Sucks

3. Day after holiday (me, can't get back to town to make game)

BorderPatrol

I am sorry, but if you were not at the [CENSORED] game, stop bitching about the [CENSORED] attendance.

Every one of us that were there had to make sacrifices to be there. Your excuses and constant bitching about how it looked on TV and the continuous whining about the game not being in THE DUMP is getting old.

bp

hogrocker

I was in south outdoor club until the game was over.  At kickoff it looked pretty full.  The only spot that looked empty was the SE corner.  There were more than I expected.  Most left at half, because it was 39 degrees with a 20 mph north wind.  It had been almost 70 degrees on Thursday, so everyone was underdressed.  The fans who stayed stood the entire fourth quarter (probably to keep warm) and were very loud.  If you're complaining about the appearance on TV, you are the problem.  If you are a fan of the team, you shouldn't complain about where they play the games, or how many went-you should just attend if you can.

code red

Whoever started this thread is an idiot and either doesn't have a HD tv or is just a poop stirrer.  I was there...it was 68-70 solid.  There where 45 after halftime.  One problem with the Razorback fan base are these stupid discussions.  War Memorial has served it's purpose and is being phased out period. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Joe Hog

Quote from: Redhogs on November 24, 2012, 08:41:30 am
End of story...It's over for the dump in LR...

Classy calling a memorial a dump. 

WilsonHog

There was no better place to be yesterday than RRS.

BrokenArrowHogs

The stands were pretty full at kick off and the crowd was very vocal through throughout the game on key downs.  The south end zone was scattered attendance which surprised me given the cost of those seats for those season tix holders.  We stayed to the end and the temperature dropped big time in the second half.  Many who were not prepared to sit in temps that felt like low-to-mid 30s did begin to disperse.  Some did leave at half, but it was not most of the crowd.  The max exodus did not occur until the last LSU drive when the WR broke the long run after the catch. 

There were lots of LSU fans scattered across the stadium.  Looked like lots of season tix holders' tickets got bought by LSU fans.  We had a group of 10-20 right below us on the AR home side, lower levels. 

So if you sat at home, watched on your couch and want to criticize the fans in FAY and those in attendance, get over yourself.  It was a good crowd given the year we have had and the temps.  Kudos to those fans that made the trip and who cheered on the team the entire way.  LSU knows it was lucky to escape with a win. 

Joe Hog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on November 24, 2012, 06:45:38 am
I am sorry, but if you were not at the [CENSORED] game, stop bitching about the [CENSORED] attendance.

Every one of us that were there had to make sacrifices to be there. Your excuses and constant bitching about how it looked on TV and the continuous whining about the game not being in THE DUMP is getting old.

bp

Some people had to work.  On my lunch break, I
got to see some of the third quarter.   Attendance
looked horrible.   The team stayed so why not
the crowd?

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: razorbackcpa on November 23, 2012, 11:39:15 pm
I am so freaking sick of hearing this excuse. Last I checked, no other teams playing games the weekend after Thanksgiving have trouble filling the student section.

The game was on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, not the weekend after Thanksgiving.  It does make a difference as you will see when all home games are played in Fayetteville, as they should be, and not 3 1/2 hours away at some dump stadium like WMS.   

If we are going to play 3 1/2 hours away for a "home" game we might as well play in Kansas City or Oklahoma City.  There are few High School stadiums in Oklahoma City that would be better than playing in WMS. 

Redhogs

Quote from: Joe Hog on November 24, 2012, 09:39:19 am
As a memorial fine.. as a current functioning SEC stadium it's a dump. We should not be playing games in the "memorial". Way to twist the subject...not gonna work.

Hogwild

Quote from: Hawg-in-das on November 24, 2012, 12:05:12 am
Stands were noticeably empty after halftime at a game against #7 LSU and only down by 7.  CBS showed that over and over and over...

CBS didn't do us any favors, atleast twice in the 3rd quarter they would show an overhead view of empty seats, then show a tight shot of the LSU fans cheering.

To all the fans that did go to the game and stayed, thank you. Wish I could have been there, but out of state for the holidays this year.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Mike Shelton on November 23, 2012, 02:12:51 pm
I can't blame folks for not going. I PRAY this sends a message to Mr.Long that we as a fan base will not put up with a horrible coaching staff or team next year and that his next hire better be a GRAND SLAM to get us all back.

You were told that moving the game to the Nam on Thanksgiving was going to be a mistake and it was.   
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Joe Hog on November 24, 2012, 09:39:19 am

It isn't so classy that the folks in charge of it over the years let it become that way.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 24, 2012, 10:25:18 am
You were told that moving the game to the Nam on Thanksgiving was going to be a mistake and it was.   

If we had a decent season it would have been packed. No mistake was made. It still had more there than WMS holds.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Redhogs

Quote from: razorbackcpa on November 23, 2012, 11:39:15 pm
I am so freaking sick of hearing this excuse. Last I checked, no other teams playing games the weekend after Thanksgiving have trouble filling the student section.
4-8 and JLS have nothing to with it right...you LR idiots act like we were 11-1 and fighting for the Sugar Bowl..absolutely stupid.

Roadrunner

Quote from: RazorNoles on November 23, 2012, 02:16:16 pm
Please turn your tv to the Arkansas/Lsu game.... That stadium does not look horrible on tv. 

Actually, it did look pretty empty for a game that SHOULD be a complete sell-out.  It's just a testament to how far we've fallen.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Redhogs

Quote from: Roadrunner on November 24, 2012, 10:58:52 am
Actually, it did look pretty empty for a game that SHOULD be a complete sell-out.  It's just a testament to how far we've fallen.
Turn on Ga. Ga. Tech...Ga #3 in the country and a rival game...stadium 3/4 full.

ReddieHog

#2Bama vs Auburn,  Iron Bowl and they have empty seats too.  I was at the game and there were more people than I thought would be there.   Stayed till the end and yelled for my Hogs.

roothawg

I was there and considering the season we have had I thought it was a good crowd. Made alot of noise at times and most stayed till the end.

BENTON PIGGEE

Hawg414

Quote from: Redhogs on November 24, 2012, 10:44:43 am
4-8 and JLS have nothing to with it right...you LR idiots act like we were 11-1 and fighting for the Sugar Bowl..absolutely stupid.

you NWA "idiots" have whined and cried for this game all along.  like little girls.  you were told we would not fill up RRS on a holiday weekend.. hunting season.. etc.. and you whined and whined it wasnt true.  bring em and you will pack em in you said. 

you got your chance.  the stands were empty.  and now you use excuses like it was a holiday weekend.. our record is not good. 

so what you basically mean is bring the game to fayetteville.. give you a 1 loss max team to root for.. move it away from the holiday weekend.. make sure it is 60-70 degrees.. and you guarantee you will pack it in!  even without the help of the little people from non NWA.  haha.. whatever.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Redhogs on November 24, 2012, 11:56:05 am
Turn on Ga. Ga. Tech...Ga #3 in the country and a rival game...stadium 3/4 full.

I saw that. Why was it so empty?

BirmingHam

Quote from: Hawg414 on November 24, 2012, 03:54:10 pm
you NWA "idiots" have whined and cried for this game all along.  like little girls.  you were told we would not fill up RRS on a holiday weekend.. hunting season.. etc.. and you whined and whined it wasnt true.  bring em and you will pack em in you said. 

you got your chance.  the stands were empty.  and now you use excuses like it was a holiday weekend.. our record is not good. 

so what you basically mean is bring the game to fayetteville.. give you a 1 loss max team to root for.. move it away from the holiday weekend.. make sure it is 60-70 degrees.. and you guarantee you will pack it in!  even without the help of the little people from non NWA.  haha.. whatever.

GSD....GSD....GSD....GSD!!!!!!

RebelAt

The way people are talking its as if the stadium was down to about 15k people by the fourth quarter.  It really didn't look like it was empty and certainly didn't sound like it on a number of plays.  I hauled my camera with me, and while I'm still working on getting those online, here are two quick snapshots I made with my phone (so not the best quality).  One is from right before the Hogs came running onto the field and the other is from about 2:34 left in the game.  There is not a big difference.

Largest size here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24317830@N04/8214274449/sizes/l/in/photostream/  and here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24317830@N04/8214275453/sizes/l/in/photostream/

MAL3

As expected the students went home. The blimp showed it 50% full early in the 4th quarter. Move it back to LR. That last pass would have been completed ;)

Redhogs

Don't act so butt hurt..ALL the games will be at the UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS  home stadium soon... :) :) :)

RebelAt

The student section was probably 75% full most of the game.  Perhaps there were some shots of the band area empty, immediately adjacent to the student section which made it look worse at times.  I was surprised by the number of students who showed up after a holiday during the fall break.

razorquack

Some people moved to the east side so they could be in the sun.  It was cold and we stayed until the last snap.  Enjoyed every snap, except the punts on fourth down and the last pass of Tylers Razorback career.

porkribs

Were you there? If not why?

Hog Fan...DOH!

Let's be honest.  If Arkansas had a decent season, that stadium would have been packed. 

porkribs

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 24, 2012, 08:35:16 pm
Let's be honest.  If Arkansas had a decent season, that stadium would have been packed.

This ^^^
However, several people on here won't admit to that fact. They would claim WMS would have had 100,000 people if the stadium held that many.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: porkribs on November 24, 2012, 08:38:55 pm
This ^^^
However, several people on here won't admit to that fact. They would claim WMS would have had 100,000 people if the stadium held that many.

I just checked the attendance... 71,117. 

I mean, I don't understand why some people are dead set on trashing our own program.  You are literally bashing yourself.  Does it hurt?

Arkansas is a great football program.  A severely underachieving team undergoing ridiculous turmoil, terrible coaching and with nothing to play for still drew at 99% capacity.  This despite the non-stop drivel on this website from some posters who haven't left their trailer or there mom's basement in 10 years.  I imagine a somewhat well-coached team with even a mid-level bowl to play for would have drawn 72-74K at a minimum.   

The Phoenix

Quote from: MAL3 on November 24, 2012, 04:23:19 pm
As expected the students went home. The blimp showed it 50% full early in the 4th quarter. Move it back to LR. That last pass would have been completed ;)

There was a blimp at the game?  Was it in stealth mode?

RebelAt

There was a single prop plane that kept on flying over the stadium.  I guess the overhead shots came from it?

BorderPatrol

Quote from: The Phoenix on November 24, 2012, 09:19:36 pm

There was a blimp at the game?  Was it in stealth mode?

Shows you how much crap people talk through their tooth.

Idiots.

bp

EastexHawg

Quote from: Rockpig5 on November 23, 2012, 02:16:59 pm
Looks 95% sold out.

LMAO.

Not from where we were sitting.  And by the fourth quarter?  Maybe 1/3 full...

zxbeer

I cleaned the stadium today and believe me there was enough trash and peanuts throughout ,That it had to be full
UA Class of 90

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 24, 2012, 08:46:39 pm
I just checked the attendance... 71,117. 

That's preposterous.  That may be how many tickets were sold, but there were nowhere near that many there. 

The part of the student section above the band was almost completely empty.  And maybe the stands looked pretty full on TV, but that's alway deceiving.  There were empty seats everywhere.  Our section was probably 2/3 full.  The field boxes along the upper deck railing were empty so people moved down into the chairbacks there.

By the start of the fourth quarter, almost the entire south end zone was empty.

Over 71,000 in the stands?  Not even close.

Devil_Dog

Quote from: zxbeer on November 24, 2012, 11:10:39 pm
I cleaned the stadium today and believe me therer was enough trash and peanuts throughout ,That it had to be full

Sucks to have that job but I don't blame People for leaving early the second half was cold exspically if you was in the shade

dynastyhog

Were the stands full at LR this year? Not flaming, I honestly don't know.
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 24, 2012, 11:13:22 pm
That's preposterous.  That may be how many tickets were sold, but there were nowhere near that many there. 

The part of the student section above the band was almost completely empty.  And maybe the stands looked pretty full on TV, but that's alway deceiving.  There were empty seats everywhere.  Our section was probably 2/3 full.  The field boxes along the upper deck railing were empty so people moved down into the chairbacks there.

By the start of the fourth quarter, almost the entire south end zone was empty.

Over 71,000 in the stands?  Not even close.

Do you go to many games?  That was a 70K plus crowd. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Devil_Dog on November 24, 2012, 11:14:21 pm
Sucks to have that job but I don't blame People for leaving early the second half was cold exspically if you was in the shade

Have TV news and weather and the Internet not yet reached all parts of Arkansas?  We drove from Texas and knew all week it was going to be cold.  We were bundled up in long underwear, coats, and gloves because we took the time to look at forecasts.

I don't know what people expect when the forecast calls for a high near 50, dropping to a low of 20, with north winds of 10 to 20 mph.  When the sun gets low the temperature drops like a boat anchor.  This time of year that happens about 3 p.m.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 24, 2012, 11:22:03 pm
Do you go to many games?  That was a 70K plus crowd.

Only between 5 and 9 games per year.  And...there damn sure weren't anywhere near 70,000 in that stadium.  The top of the upper deck on the east side was sparsely populated.  As I said, the student section above the band was almost completely empty.  There are thousands of seats between those areas alone.

About every 4th or 5th seat around the stadium was also empty, although if you looked from the side angle you might not notice.  There was no one behind us, no one in front of us, and no one to our left.  I stood on the bleachers in front of us and stomped when it was time to get loud.

Were you there?

zxbeer

UA Class of 90

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 24, 2012, 11:32:35 pm
Only between 5 and 9 games per year.  And...there damn sure weren't anywhere near 70,000 in that stadium.  The top of the upper deck on the east side was sparsely populated.  As I said, the student section above the band was almost completely empty.  There are thousands of seats between those areas alone.

About every 4th or 5th seat around the stadium was also empty, although if you looked from the side angle you might not notice.  There was no one behind us, no one in front of us, and no one to our left.  I stood on the bleachers in front of us and stomped when it was time to get loud.

Were you there?

Not only was I there, but I can also look at the pics on P2 of this thread. 

Do you have road rage, too? 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 24, 2012, 11:42:08 pm
Not only was I there, but I can also look at the pics on P2 of this thread. 

And what do you see?  That the top of the upper deck on the east side is less than half full?  Can you see the student section in that picture?

How many people in this thread have said they went to the east side to sit in the sun?  How do you do that if there aren't empty seats everywhere?  Do you think they looked across the stadium and said, "Look, Marge, there are two empty seats in section 512, row 22, seats 9 and 10.  Let's go!"

I was at the game so I couldn't see the overhead shots of empty seats people at home say CBS kept showing, but are they lying?  Was CBS doctoring the pictures as some sort of conspiracy to make us look bad...or get the game moved back to Little Rock?