Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memphis has a lousy first half

Started by Mike_e, October 20, 2017, 05:00:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_e

And then scores 42 in the second to beat a pretty good Houston team.  Now 6-1.

Mike Norvell, hmmmm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Norvell
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

DeltaBoy

Tiger High is pretty Salty this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tophawg19

great offense but would need to find someone to run a defense . he has none
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

3Scoreand10

I like the way they never gave up and kept fighting to win.
Beginning to like this coach.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ex-Trumpet

Houston has had some 2nd half collapses this year, too.  Can't do that against Memphis or you will get beat.

Come to think of it, you can't do that against too many folks and win.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Wild Bill Hog

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 20, 2017, 08:26:43 am
great offense but would need to find someone to run a defense . he has none

Not saying Memphis has a great defense but their defense is relative to what you find at those programs and Houston is usually one of the saltier offensive teams in the country.

Tiredofhogssucking

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 08:20:39 am
Tiger High is pretty Salty this year.

Anyone honestly think CBB (year 5) could beat Memphis this year under Norvell (year 2). I've seen others claiming CBB needs more time to build his program for SEC. But could he beat Memphis this year??? 

buldozer

CBB may end up at memphis or somewhere like that. I would swap him for Norvell right now

kaki

Quote from: Mike_e on October 20, 2017, 05:00:53 am
And then scores 42 in the second to beat a pretty good Houston team.  Now 6-1.

Mike Norvell, hmmmm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Norvell
live in West Tennessee and get local news out of Memphis, so see Norvell a good bit.  I am very impressed with him, feel he is a good salesman for the Tigers and seems to be a very good Coach, but not sure how success in his conference translates into the SEC.  Bret was very successful at Wisconsin, but to date, not so much at Arkansas.  As much as Bret's detractors discount his Wisconsin tenure and credit Alverez, Norvell is winning with a lot Fuente's kids as well.  This is just his second year as a Head Coach.  If we change, it will be devastating to repeat this process in the near future, so while I like Norvell, I am very cautious.

hawgon

It is so much fun to watch a team that fights and plays hard.  Our team is so slow and plays so half assed.  They and their coaches will say they are trying and playing hard, but when you see two teams go after like those two did on Thursday, you realize that it is a lie.  Maybe not a lie,'I just don't think that our coaches or kids really even understand what is required.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hawgon on October 21, 2017, 08:12:52 am
It is so much fun to watch a team that fights and plays hard.  Our team is so slow and plays so half assed.  They and their coaches will say they are trying and playing hard, but when you see two teams go after like those two did on Thursday, you realize that it is a lie.  Maybe not a lie,'I just don't think that our coaches or kids really even understand what is required.

The Hogs do play hard, give 100%. 

Problem is, any team will always reflect its leadership, regardless if it's a football team or a sales team.  A great leader will make everyone better; a less-than-great leader will make a great team mediocre.

I think today we find out what kind of leadership this Hogs team has (maybe we already know, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt); the talent is there--maybe not as deep as we would all like, but there's a lot of talent.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?