Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pat Dye on Condoleezza Rice: 'All she knows about football is what somebody told her'

Started by jbcarol, October 07, 2013, 04:25:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woopigsooie1222

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 08, 2013, 05:47:44 pm
I don't need to be credible when you, the OP, starts his post with "A WOMAN" and then goes on about how you aren't sexist.

I didn't capitalize A WOMAN, I just said, "a woman." What do you want me to call her? A man? I'm not sexist. Women are awesome. ESPECIALLY the ones who cook!
The South Will Rise Again!

devildoghawg

Quote from: woopigsooie1222 on October 08, 2013, 05:49:02 pm
I didn't capitalize A WOMAN, I just said, "a woman." What do you want me to call her? A man? I'm not sexist. Women are awesome. ESPECIALLY the ones who cook!

Why does sex even have to be brought into it?  Why couldn't you just have said Condoleezza Rice?  Or, why couldn't you just have contributed to the already useless thread literally four posts down from this one?
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

woopigsooie1222

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 08, 2013, 05:50:20 pm
Why does sex even have to be brought into it?  Why couldn't you just have said Condoleezza Rice?  Or, why couldn't you just have contributed to the already useless thread literally four posts down from this one?

Okay, I actually didn't see the post that said,"Condoleezza Rice." Mah bayd. Sex was only brought in because she was the first woman to be included into the college football playoff committee, but that's not why I was wondering what other people thought. It was the fact that she hasn't been involved in football until now. Not saying that it's a complete abomination that she was chosen... just wondering what other people thought. It's like when you post a selfie on facebook. You don't do it because you want to stir up commotion, you want to see what other people think of your beautiful face, and whether or not you get a bunch of likes and what-not.

CDBHawg

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on October 08, 2013, 04:17:33 pm
I have no kids, no wife, and few true friends. I love my country and college football dearly.. Condoleezza Rice has been instrumental in running this country into the ground the past decade. I dont want her breathing or thinking about college football. She's a poison

Of all the people/things, you chose Rice? Really?

woopigsooie1222

I have no kids, no wife, and few true friends. I love my country and college football dearly.. Condoleezza Rice has been instrumental in running this country into the ground the past decade. I dont want her breathing or thinking about college football. She's a poison

haha

woopigsooie1222

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 08, 2013, 05:36:55 pm
Right, because our economic standing and college football have SOOO much in common.  If you really think that she knows nothing about College Football, I think you are a moron.  One of us is right, and one is wrong..pretty sure I'm not wrong.

What makes you think she knows so much about College Football?

WPS007

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 08, 2013, 05:36:55 pm
Right, because our economic standing and college football have SOOO much in common.  If you really think that she knows nothing about College Football, I think you are a moron.  One of us is right, and one is wrong..pretty sure I'm not wrong.

I with you  :razorback:

devildoghawg

Quote from: woopigsooie1222 on October 08, 2013, 05:55:08 pm
Okay, I actually didn't see the post that said,"Condoleezza Rice." Mah bayd. Sex was only brought in because she was the first woman to be included into the college football playoff committee, but that's not why I was wondering what other people thought. It was the fact that she hasn't been involved in football until now. Not saying that it's a complete abomination that she was chosen... just wondering what other people thought. It's like when you post a selfie on facebook. You don't do it because you want to stir up commotion, you want to see what other people think of your beautiful face, and whether or not you get a bunch of likes and what-not.

How do you know she hasn't been involved in football until this point?  And how do you know that she is the first woman on the committee?  I think you are making a bunch of assumptions about things that you don't know, and trying them as facts.  Condoleezza has been immersed in football since she was a young child, and is currently involved with numerous universities as a booster and other functions.  She is a very big reason that Stanford football has been so successful over the last half decade.  You really need to do fact finding before you start spouting off fallacies.
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

devildoghawg

Quote from: woopigsooie1222 on October 08, 2013, 06:03:03 pm
What makes you think she knows so much about College Football?

Go do some research on her history and how immersed she has been in the game since a young child, then come back and report to us about how little she knows about the game.  I will be very surprised if you can offer up any information regarding her limited knowledge in the game versus her astute ability to understand the concepts of Football, inside and out.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 08, 2013, 04:20:07 pm
Hey, If you love the choice and think she belongs on there, fine.  I don't.

I don't either but my point was she is not a politician as you must believe based on your post.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: grayhawg on October 08, 2013, 05:25:22 pm
All Pat Dye knows is how much you pay a quarterback's dad so he will play for your school.

Not just the QB's dad.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

the_kosher_pig

The only reason batesvillehog and I aren't friends in real life is because of rice. I think its a conspiracy personally.
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 08, 2013, 03:55:54 pm
The College Football Playoff selection committee will have Condoleezza Rice?  Interesting!

You're a day late. This information was in a thread started yesterday in the SEC Sports Forum.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hobhog on October 08, 2013, 04:23:26 pm
Better than Pat Dye.

She should be fairly impartial. Most can't.

That's because Pat Dye is usually impaired......................................

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 08, 2013, 06:26:49 pm
Go do some research on her history and how immersed she has been in the game since a young child, then come back and report to us about how little she knows about the game.  I will be very surprised if you can offer up any information regarding her limited knowledge in the game versus her astute ability to understand the concepts of Football, inside and out.
So friggin what? I'm "emerged" in college football. So are you. WTH is this woman to get this assignment. Total polical bs.

kaiserhog

On this, I agree with Pat.  This won't be popular here but I have never been a fan of Condi.  It injects politics into this where it doesn't belong.

devildoghawg

Quote from: The Artist Yo Huckleberry on October 08, 2013, 06:51:50 pm
So friggin what? I'm "emerged" in college football. So are you. WTH is this woman to get this assignment. Total polical bs.

Obviously someone thought she had the right qualifications Huck.  Honestly, who on the panel isn't going to get their job due to some type of "connections" or "politics".  I am just glad that someone that actually knows something about football is going to be on there.  Hell Jeff Long is going to be on the panel, just because he is the athletic director doesn't mean he has a in depth understanding of the game, but no one is giving him any grief.

kaiserhog

Never been a fan of Condi and her foreign policy.

devildoghawg

Quote from: kaiserhog on October 08, 2013, 07:03:23 pm
Never been a fan of Condi and her foreign policy.

And that has what to do with College Football playoffs?  We aren't talking about putting troops in the desert and kissing foreign dignitaries hands here Jack.

Chestodrawers

As I said on the other thread, talking about this, the most dangerous SOB on that list is Barry "just because I can" Alvarez. He WILL stick it to somebody's arse before his time is finished on that committee. Probably an SEC team. Don't figure to be us, he probably can't live that long.

kaiserhog

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 08, 2013, 07:05:32 pm
And that has what to do with College Football playoffs?  We aren't talking about putting troops in the desert and kissing foreign dignitaries hands here Jack.
What makes you think she knows more about college football.  I'm not Jack.  You don't know Jack. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: kaiserhog on October 08, 2013, 06:59:43 pm
On this, I agree with Pat.  This won't be popular here but I have never been a fan of Condi.  It injects politics into this where it doesn't belong.

How does having an academic person and former Provost of Stanford where they play pretty damn good football inject politics? Not being a fan of her is one thing. Saying it injects politics without proof is another. 

hogcoots

Well, I guess somebody has got to make sammiches for the rest of the committee during their meetings.  I can hear it now,  Jeff Long says, "Condi, honey, while you're up, would you be a peach and bring me a sammich and a cold beer?"

kodiakisland

Your argument that Condi is not a political person doesn't hold much water.  She has been involved in politics most of her life in one way or another even if she was never elected to an office.  Regardless, I would like to see someone with more of a football connection be on the committee.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

DadVader1

Give them a pass on this.  They HAVE to fill the diversity card, and Condi beats the HECK out of Univ of Miami's Donna Shalala. I think she'll do just fine.

kaiserhog

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 08, 2013, 08:20:24 pm
Give them a pass on this.  They HAVE to fill the diversity card, and Condi beats the HECK out of Univ of Miami's Donna Shalala. I think she'll do just fine.
Donna Shalala was Chancellor of the University of Wisconsin when she hired Barry Alvarez as HC.  Of course, Alvarez promoted his assistant Bret Bielema to follow him HC.  So, in a way Donna Shalala is responsible for Arkansas HC.  Donna is more qualified than Condi.  That is a fact.

kaiserhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 08, 2013, 07:23:25 pm
How does having an academic person and former Provost of Stanford where they play pretty damn good football inject politics? Not being a fan of her is one thing. Saying it injects politics without proof is another.
She was more than an academic.  She was George W. Bush's National Security Adviser, she helped sell the Second Iraq War.  You cannot get more political than that.

Ramtough

Diversity is the new race card. At some point I will have to look at her ugly mug on a college football Saturday.

Hawgin84

Well hell then, just sign up Pee Wee Herman, if one wants diversity.

Blue35

This woman is a product of affirmative action in the image of Colin Powell. Both empty suits.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: woopigsooie1222 on October 08, 2013, 05:48:10 pm
Sadly, I actually thought it was Michelle Obama when I saw the picture. Then I read a different name and felt some relief.

Brilliant.  You thought Condi Rice was Michelle Obama.  I guess because "all black people look alike".

Do you really not know the difference between those two people?  95% of the comments in this thread are completely asinine. 

longbore

Black women contribute more to college football than any other group in America. I think she'll make a fine impartial representative for the sport.

DadVader1

Quote from: kaiserhog on October 08, 2013, 09:27:37 pm
Donna is more qualified than Condi.  That is a fact.

Shalala also fired Randy Shannon while he was doing a good job of cleaning up the mess and sleaziness of The U.  We also probably don't want Shapiro, or his equivalent, whispering in the ear of a committee member.  I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on what is fact and what is opinion.

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 08, 2013, 07:02:21 pm
Obviously someone thought she had the right qualifications Huck.  Honestly, who on the panel isn't going to get their job due to some type of "connections" or "politics".  I am just glad that someone that actually knows something about football is going to be on there.  Hell Jeff Long is going to be on the panel, just because he is the athletic director doesn't mean he has a in depth understanding of the game, but no one is giving him any grief.
Everyone, including you, devil, should be disgusted by this ridiculous fat catting. And I don't think these damn ADs, who supposedly have full time jobs for which we are paying them a helluvalot of money, should be devoting the time necessary to jet around the friggin country like bowl representatives and then gathering up to kiss each others asses, probably down at Augusta (on Condilezzie's ludicrous invitation). Puke. These damn people make me sick.

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 08, 2013, 04:10:05 pm
She is extremely intelligent

She is a big fan of college football and follows it closely

She adds diversity, both gender and race
She has a different football background, so that the committee isn't all ADs, all former coaches, etc.

I don't mind her being on the committee at all. I'm glad they are mixing up the backgrounds of its members.

The unholiest of trinities

Sustainable, reasonable/common sense, fair are a close second.

She does know her football but this is purely political.

hoglady

I really don't understand the problem some of you have with her. My guess is she will be the most knowledgeable, prepared and impartial person on that committee. And she won't be run over or intimidated by the blowhards.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: woopigsooie1222 on October 08, 2013, 05:37:26 pm
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/BMOC131008/playoff-selection-committee-features-broad-diverse-national-minds

A woman named Condoleezza Rice has been added to the college football playoff selection committee.

I hate to come off as a sexist, but why on earth would you pick someone who has never coached, played, or been associated with football?

Just want to hear y'all's thoughts...

Well...why not?  We already have the NCAA rules enforcement committee.  Evidently none of them know the rules......or when there is a violation of the rules....or just pretend they can't find violations when it's convenient.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 08, 2013, 06:33:54 pm
The only reason batesvillehog and I aren't friends in real life is because of rice. I think its a conspiracy personally.
the world may never know, kosher pig.

onebadrubi

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 08, 2013, 04:10:13 pm
If you can't drink a beer then scratch your nuts your opinion on sports does not matter.

Lance Armstrong disagrees

The Divine Swine

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 08, 2013, 04:10:05 pm
She is extremely intelligent

She is a big fan of college football and follows it closely

She adds diversity, both gender and race

She has a different football background, so that the committee isn't all ADs, all former coaches, etc.

I don't mind her being on the committee at all. I'm glad they are mixing up the backgrounds of its members.

all of this is accurate. Plus she aspires to one day be NFL commissioner. That is not a desire of someone that is ignorant about football. She is an excellent choice for the panel.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

DadVader1

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 08, 2013, 11:24:41 pm
Lance Armstrong disagrees

Since integrity is one of the criteria for being on the committee, Lance's opinion on the matter does not matter  :)

The Divine Swine

Quote from: woopigsooie1222 on October 08, 2013, 05:37:26 pm
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/BMOC131008/playoff-selection-committee-features-broad-diverse-national-minds

A woman named Condoleezza Rice has been added to the college football playoff selection committee.

I hate to come off as a sexist, but why on earth would you pick someone who has never coached, played, or been associated with football?

Just want to hear y'all's thoughts...

Ever hear of diverse perspectives? Obviously she knows more about football than the vast majority give her credit, but diverse perspectives prevent group think. Just because someone has played or coached does not mean they will always have the insight needed for a break through in a debate. Actually former players and coaches can be susceptible to tunnel vision with the inability to think outside of the box. Condi Rice brings a wealth of real world experience that she no doubt has the intelligence enough to extrapolate those experiences and apply them to this role. She is perfect for it as she can complete a well rounded diverse panel.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Trottsky

SHE's FROM BIRMINGHAM!!!! THE CONSPIRACY WIDENS!!!!!

(smirk) (kinda) Although ...

redeye

This is a terrible idea. I don't care that she's a women, but I do care that she's a politician and most politicians are going to make everything political by nature. The only politician I'd consider was one who actually had experience with football, such as a former player or coach (e.g. Tom Osborne). because they're likely to put the sport first.

Even if she were to put the sport first, it'll still be equivalent to loading the selection committee with dynamite, because others will make it political. This is another difference with someone who's actually been involved with the game, such as Osborne, because he's already involved in the game.

I can't believe this is even being seriously discussed.

Iwastherein1969

Batesville kind of woman...her adam's apple is bigger than DeMarcus Ware's

[attachment deleted by admin]
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

redeye

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 09, 2013, 02:20:23 am
Batesville kind of woman...her adam's apple is bigger than DeMarcus Ware's

Not just pointing my finger at you, but this is why I don't want a politician on the committee. And don't think the politicians wouldn't love it, either, because it would be great for publicity and their careers. The more controversial, the better for them.

Hey, wait... I have a great idea! Why don't we just do away with the committee and let Congress decide?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: kaiserhog on October 08, 2013, 09:31:09 pm
She was more than an academic.  She was George W. Bush's National Security Adviser, she helped sell the Second Iraq War.  You cannot get more political than that.

When you work for the President , which is the ultimate politician, then your boss's political thinking will play into your decisions. However she got work for the government by being an academic and very, very smart. She is more of a teacher and school admin than anything.

ElleauxPiglet

She's garbage.  So are all her ideas.  See:  2000-2008

Jackrabbit Hog

Please don't turn this into a Democrat v. Republican debate.  The relevant point is whether she is qualified and deserving to be on the committee that chooses the teams to be in the playoffs.  I have a healthy amount of respect for her as a statesman (stateswoman?); I just don't know if she is one of the most qualified persons to serve on a football committee.  We're not talking about funding the playoff, or policy for the playoff. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.