Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keys to the Alabama game?

Started by checkraiser88, October 15, 2013, 11:01:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

What are the keys....How do we have a shot in this one?

LSUFan

Gotta "Bounch Around Alot" They'll come at you so fast, it'll just mess you up.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

STR Hogfan

Bebop

RollHogTide

Smoke-draw
Statue of Liberty
Flea Flicker

if those don't work - run the 36.  It worked with Cam Newton and Auburn.

LSUFan

Gotta get more points than they do.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

longbore

JLS would say Alabama wins. Don't know if that means us or them.

Marshfieldhog

Bama gets food poisioning before kick off, not sure that would be enough

aar0n

October 15, 2013, 11:16:39 pm #9 Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:28:38 pm by RazorBroncs
1.) Limit STUPID turnovers. Granted, there will be one or two based on Bama's pure skill alone.  Those are to be expected.

2.) Show SOME life in the offense.  Get a few first downs, complete over 50% of the passes.  Limit dropped passes.  Throw the ball away when in trouble.  Don't even have to score multiple touchdowns, just not 3-and-outs over and over.

3.) PROTECT BRANDON ALLEN AT ALL COSTS.  The kid is already mentally rattled and not 100% healthy. 

4.) Limit big plays on defense.  They will move the ball fairly easily no matter what, but we could make it a lot less easy by jamming the WRs at the line and keeping coverage SLIGHTLY better than the past few.

5.) Get pressure with the front 4.  Bama's O-line is decent, but we should still be able to get pressure on McCarron somewhat regularly.  This is a necessity to help our ailing DBs.

6.) Limit yardage given up on special teams.

7.) Keep pointless penalties down to a minimum, especially during important plays in any given offensive or defensive drive.  Now, when it comes to roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness, other penalties resulting from the passion of the game, I'm almost FOR them.  They show you're playing with some tenacity, and this team could use more.

I'm not expecting that these areas will have a complete 180 from the following weeks and by no way do I expect us to even be competitive in this game.  I just look to see improvement in these areas as something to build on for future games.

mckinneyhog5

Win TOP and keep the defense fresh.  In order to do that we have to keep the run game going and use play action pass when they load the box.  Keep it close going into the forth by minimizing mistakes and avoid turning the ball over even once.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Calling All Hogs

Hope that since Bama will run up and down the field at will they get worn out by the 4th quarter.

jkstock04

In all honesty, what would be a moral victory for the Hogs this Saturday? I say if they can keep it within 25 points. Maybe something like 38-17. Where we don't throw any pick 6's... No turnovers period. Little to no penalties. And actually tackle well? Even if it's a 15 yard gain1st and 2nd guy there need to tackle well.

And above all don't lay down and quit at first sign of something going wrong. I don't think as a fan those things are too much to ask.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LSUFan

Quote from: CallMeHog on October 15, 2013, 11:19:09 pm
Hope that since Bama will run up and down the field at will they get worn out by the 4th quarter.
Gotta "Bring That Wood"

mckinneyhog5

Last thing we need to do is throw down field.  I'm not talking about 20 yards down field more like 50 yard bombs.  Not often just enough to keep them honest.

LSUFan

Here's a novel concept, have the Coaches - COACH!

aar0n

Quote from: LSUFan on October 15, 2013, 11:22:31 pm

I would encourage your coach to do the same, especially when we play you. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: LSUFan on October 15, 2013, 11:22:31 pm
That's funny coming from a LSu fan.

Jimmy "theused4wheelerdealer" Watkins from Conway

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 15, 2013, 11:01:57 pm

Finally a serious thread about the upcoming game.  Time to forget about Petrino's legacy and what happened at South Carolina.  We have a coaching staff that would rank in the top ten in the country.  We have the former UM coach as our LB's coach for goodness sake.  We're going lose to Bama of course.  Lombardi coaching this team for 5 years wouldn't win this weekend.  We have a bunch of players who dreamed if being D-1 players.  In 3 years we will a full roster of players who dream of the NFL.  Those players will beat the Sec-w.

TomasPistola

Let's work up a number 6 on them.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

LSUFan

Quote from: RazorBroncs on October 15, 2013, 11:24:39 pm
I would encourage your coach to do the same, especially when we play you.
Don't watch much CFB, do ya?

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 15, 2013, 11:01:57 pm

What about you?  You have an opinion on the matter?

LSUFan

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 15, 2013, 11:24:50 pm
That's funny coming from a LSu fan.
Miles could sit on the sideline and eat grass and baby kittens all game long, Chavis and Cameron have it covered.

RollHogTide

Quote from: TomasPistola on October 15, 2013, 11:28:59 pm
Let's work up a number 6 on them.

Thankfully my wife and I will be skipping the number 6 dance later that night.

swinesation

Start Brandon Mitchell, run a lot of read option...

Bryant Disciple

The Hogs must force a silly number of turnovers, while committing none.

userpick

Scrambled Hog

Rockpig5

Like these?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Erockster20

M L (bassplayer)

Success on 1st downs. Getting a turnover or two. Limit their big plays.
:razorback:

Cuzisaidso

Run the ball on first down
Run the ball on second down
Throw an incomplete pass on third down
Punt

Give up a big gainer on first down
Give up a long pass on second
Give up a touchdown on third down
  Repeat
It's worked so far.

Cuzisaidso

Quote from: LSUFan on October 15, 2013, 11:36:51 pm
Don't watch much CFB, do ya?
I really hope you guys hold the score under 75 points when you play us.

PonderinHog

Try to put the shoe on the other foot ???

rlreev01

Hope the Bama team bus gets lost!

TUSKtimes

Always fun to anticipate the pigs coming to T-Town. Was taken back by your performance against SOS's team last Saturday, but laying an occasional egg will happen when everything still isn't in place. Thought your effort against TAMU and Rutgers was very good and you had your chances. But we are finally gelling with our offensive LOS. Against Kentucky, I would say the O was dominate once again. But Bielema will invest all he's got to be competitive in this one, I would expect a lot of effort. See you in title town. 

Cuzisaidso

Quote from: TUSKtimes on October 16, 2013, 07:29:44 am
Always fun to anticipate the pigs coming to T-Town. Was taken back by your performance against SOS's team last Saturday, but laying an occasional egg will happen when everything still isn't in place. Thought your effort against TAMU and Rutgers was very good and you had your chances. But we are finally gelling with our offensive LOS. Against Kentucky, I would say the O was dominate once again. But Bielema will invest all he's got to be competitive in this one, I would expect a lot of effort. See you in title town.
Do you think I can come over to your tailgate party and drink with you? I always like to mingle at someone else's tailgate party. Promotes sportsmanship. { not to mention I'll probably be strapped for cash } p.s.  Is the food good ?    just wondering.......

Cuzisaidso

Quote from: rlreev01 on October 16, 2013, 07:10:08 am
Hope the Bama team bus gets lost!
We'd stand a chance then. But, with our luck, they'd dress out the cheer leaders and start the butt whipping until the bus with the team on it finally showed up.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Cuzisaidso on October 16, 2013, 07:35:36 am
Do you think I can come over to your tailgate party and drink with you? I always like to mingle at someone else's tailgate party. Promotes sportsmanship. { not to mention I'll probably be strapped for cash } p.s.  Is the food good ?    just wondering.......

Why yes, yes you can. Just look for the big pachyderm. Arrangements have been made.

Cuzisaidso

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 16, 2013, 07:02:58 am
Try to put the shoe on the other foot ???
I did------------makes my foot hurt.

Cuzisaidso

Quote from: TUSKtimes on October 16, 2013, 07:39:25 am

Why yes, yes you can. Just look for the big pachyderm. Arrangements have been made.
If it's ok I'd like to bring my cousins { DON'T go there! }   I know whay you're thinking.

LRRandy

Don't score a touchdown on the opening drive. That has just seemed to piss the other team off the last few weeks.
This is fun, isn't it.

urkillnmesmalls

CBB keeps talking about how we fold at the first sign of adversity, and you can't simulate that in practice.  The last time I checked, they've seen enough of it in the last four games to have gotten a REAL feel for what it feels like.  If they can't respond to it this week, then coach's halftime adjustments my be to just head for the bus in an effort to preserve enough players to actually be able to finish the season with a full team. 

The good news is, I think Saban likes CBB because they are both ex Big Ten coaches, and have similar philosophies.  So maybe he won't run it up too much.  He'll probably keep it in the 40's.  I certainly wouldn't expect him to go for it twice on fourth down when he's up 45 - 7 like Limpy McVisor did. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: LRRandy on October 16, 2013, 07:48:18 am
Don't score a touchdown on the opening drive. That has just seemed to piss the other team off the last few weeks.

So, what you're saying is that you want to see us go scoreless?   ;D

I don't think it made anyone mad.  I do think it gave our players a false sense of security, and they lost whatever intensity and edge they had going into the game.  I'm not too sure it would work out any better to have the opposition take it and drive down for an opening TD though.  Apparently...we don't handle adversity very well, as we've heard about 14 times now.   ::)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

LRRandy

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 16, 2013, 07:56:26 am
So, what you're saying is that you want to see us go scoreless?   ;D

I don't think it made anyone mad.  I do think it gave our players a false sense of security, and they lost whatever intensity and edge they had going into the game.  I'm not too sure it would work out any better to have the opposition take it and drive down for an opening TD though.  Apparently...we don't handle adversity very well, as we've heard about 14 times now.   ::)
I don't know. Scoring first hasn't seemed to work. I was just offering up a suggestion. Kidnap Tuscalucifer and maybe the players are so distracted by wondering where their coach is they don't notice Arkansas scoring at will.
This is fun, isn't it.

MJ2

Is a forfeit still only 2-0?   We could tell them we forgot the uniforms and can't play.

pitbull1

Play the 3/4th string so the starters don't get hurt.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: pitbull1 on October 16, 2013, 08:08:50 am
Play the 3/4th string so the starters don't get hurt.

Oooh, I like it.  We come out, lull them into a false sense of security, and let them score about 3 easy TD's and go into halftime down 21-7.  Let's face it, Saban probably never even watched enough game film of us to know what our starter's numbers are.  Then at the half, we pull the old switcheroo on 'em, put the starters in, and now that they're thinking they have an easy win, we sneak up on 'em and nip 'em 28-27.

The only real issue I think we might face is, I'm not sure there's a huge difference between our starters and our third string, and we probably have about 2-3 players on defense that would make Bama's 2 deep.  Other than that...it's foolproof.   :D