Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 05:18:30 pm

Just pondering, Big 12 better fit?

Started by DemiHOG, November 20, 2017, 06:23:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DemiHOG

I know this will not happen, BUT, with the addition of TAM and Missouri, our recruiting hasn't been good at all, SMU, TCU, Houston has been on the up swing with Signing Texas recruits, would we get better recruits if we were in the Big 12??

Snouty

What an original idea for a new thread!  How come no one else ever thought of this before?

31to6

Good thing you started this thread. I honestly don't think I've ever seen this question posed to Hogville.

(in the last 24 hours.. lmao...)

DemiHOG

Well, dang, I am so glad I did then!!!!

DemiHOG

dfwalumdad

well it wasn't a solution for petrino, he11 it wasn't even a solution for nutt or even ford for that matter since both won division championships, but i think you might be right for bert. that said my man bert would have finished next to last in the big 12 this year as well.

the problem kemosabe is bert can't coach. those three rose bowls were a product of a down big 10 and paul cryst.

Snouty

November 20, 2017, 06:42:27 pm #6 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:45:37 pm by Snouty
A few random thoughts.

1.  We'd be crazy to give up our share of the SEC television money.
     We'd never receive as much from the Big 12.

2.  We're in the SEC.  That's the center of the universe in NCAA College Football,
     Division 1, or whatever they call it now.

3.  Sure, we might win another game or two per year in the Big 12,
     but in the SEC, it just means more.

4.  Think of all the national exposure we get on CBS, ESPN, and the SEC network.
     [How are those 11 o'clock kickoffs working out?]  We'd lose that exposure if we went to
     the Big 12.

5.  The best recruits want to play in the SEC.

6.  The Big 12 is about to fall apart.  Texas will become an independent.  Oklahoma and Oklahoma
     State will join the Pac 12, West Virginia the ACC, Baylor and TCU will join the Bible Belt Conference,
     and Texas Tech will join the Mountain West.  Kansas and Kansas State are
     about to give up football, as will Iowa State after Campbell takes another job.