Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Athlonsports.com preview of Razorbacks from this past Spring

Started by HognotinMemphis, November 19, 2017, 11:39:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Interesting to go back to see what some thought might occur before season began and reality set in:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/arkansas-razorbacks-2017-spring-football-preview

"Since the spring of 2012, Arkansas fans, the coaching staff, and players within the program have been on a roller-coaster ride unmatched in college football."

"One of the best surprises during the 2016 season was the play in the pocket by new starting quarterback Austin Allen. Allen led the SEC with 3,430 passing yards and was second in touchdowns with 25. But he also led the conference in interceptions (15) and was sacked the most (34)."

Whether you pick previous seasons apart or just look at records, I think you get to same conclusion. 7-6 and 8-5 seasons are less than impressive, even following a first season result of 3-9. Tack on a 4-8 record this year, and the HC is as done as done gets at any mid-major and up program.

As for the much-talked about defensive switch to a 3-4 in order to slow down dual-threat QB's, well, that was a change that made zero difference. If anything, the defense was worse this year than last year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Lanny on November 19, 2017, 02:46:44 pm
I predicted back in the summer 5-7
Does that mean you drank the kool aid since 5 wins is a pipe dream?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol