Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Long have you been a member on Hogville?

Started by Lanny, December 26, 2015, 07:06:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

From the earlier post I am curious the tenure for our members

Less than 1 year
0 (0%)
1-5 years
41 (11.6%)
5-9 years
164 (46.3%)
10+ years
149 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 353

Voting closed: January 25, 2016, 07:06:19 am

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

BigPapaHawg

December 28, 2015, 08:35:23 pm #101 Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:59:02 pm by BigPapaHawg
11 years as of September!!!!
WOO PIG

ifghog

who knows

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hog1952

In a couple of weeks it will be 9 years since I crossed over to the dark side.

SemperFi

Been more than 10 years for me, although under a different name. There are only two things that I would like to see different:

1. Give me the option to permanently turn off the mobile version
2. Kill the karma and smite counter

Outside of those two things I love Hogville. The format is great, we have some great and sometimes very colorful posters and there's not another fansite that can come close to Hogville.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

goshog

It's my 4 year anniversary with Hogville today. My "wasted" time on here is higher than my postcount.

Dwight_K_Shrute

10 years total. Back in the Wild West days I burned through a couple IDs before settling on this classic
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dudeman

December 29, 2015, 04:02:02 am #109 Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:17:08 am by Dudeman
I've been on here over 4 years. Would be kinda neat to have a live audio of the games with chat. Probably can't do anything like that but it would be fun.  :razorback:
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: SemperFi on December 28, 2015, 10:52:07 pm

2. Kill the karma and smite counter

Stop taking away my Smite.  You have just been Smited SIR
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

GB-Razorback

Quote from: Dudeman on December 29, 2015, 04:02:02 am
I've been on here over 4 years. Would be kinda neat to have a live audio of the games with chat. Probably can't do anything like that but it would be fun.  :razorback:

I want to see that Moderated when a Toledo or TT happens.  Everyone will be bant!
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

riccoar

12 years last month.  What I'd like to see?  Skip spill a Route 44 Coke all over Robert Shields keyboard.

Tejano Jawg

I've been here 10 years, 2 months, and some change.

What I'd like to see? I don't know...dancers in skimpy costumes? More Frito Pie? A commemorative 10-year hog candle?

*Good grief. I just looked at my post total. I'm averaging about 1000 posts a year. I need to focus on my day job. :(
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hview

SamBuckhart

9.5 years   Really look forward to reading every day. I have other things that need my attention. I'm an addict ok. Woo Pig and love Arkansas.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Boardon Hamsay

December 29, 2015, 08:52:34 pm #117 Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:15:26 pm by Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie
Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 26, 2015, 12:39:30 pm
[you] restored

PP

Concur.

Sincerely,

Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie
Advocate of [you] Restoration

Also, coming up on 9 years here. Was referenced to HV by a former coworker one day when I was looking for tickets.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

urkillnmesmalls

Been this name for a little over 6 years.  I was Razorbacker prior to that for a few years....not sure how many.  So I'm guessing close to 10 overall.  I took a hiatus, moved, and someone else had my old name.  Or...there was a computer issue, who knows?  I just decided to start over. 

I just wish I'd stuck with a Hog based name.  I may change to one if something creative ever hits me.       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

LZH

I signed up when the Springdale 5 mess was just beginning. So, I am working on 10 years as of now. It has been a lot of fun.... sometimes at other people's expense. Now that is entertainment.

SwinerBock

Since September of 2003.  And before that, Woopig and the Pigpen.  I'll even cotton to frequenting the HawgsIllustrated board before (and after) they went corporate.

Pretty sure I've kept the same screen name the entire time across all boards.

Tigerloather

12/6/2006.  Can we move the switch to desktop to the top of the page?
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity - Frank Leahy

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: 60Hog on December 26, 2015, 09:24:52 am
Two years under current name.  Don't remember if it was this board or the Fearless Friday board where I donated $15 to keep the board on.  Think that's been at least ten years.  Could be wrong because I have been once or twice.

It was Fearless back when we first went to dedicated servers.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Lanny on December 26, 2015, 07:06:19 am
We are always open to suggestions, what features would you like to see added?

The search feature. It would be incredibly helpful and other boards have it.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

BorderPatrol

Date Registered: November 09, 2006, 02:54:23 pm

bp

hogfan98

12 years in January.

Suggestion...since post count seems to be a qualification on how much your opinion matters to some people, maybe it would be good to also have your registered year as part of your posting profile.  Maybe something that says "Member since XXXX."  That way someone who has been around for 5 years but doesn't post too often gets spared being labeled a newby by the guy who's been around for a month and hammers out 50 posts a day.

bigarrazorback

wholehog92

9 years January 17th.

I check for information here and only comment occasionally any more.  I discuss hog info on another board where it isn't moderated as heavily.  I guess you have gotten so large, it had to change.

Wouldn't mind seeing a notification you were quoted on the dashboard.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jgphillips3

Ray Zorback_1*

Joined the fray:

October 21, 2006, 03:46:35 pm

Pork Twain

Registered January 11, 2006, 15:19:10 with Superhog1975 and have had this account since then.  I did have a couple of other accounts before that, that were banned in the dark HDN years.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jackel1h

If your not the lead dog........The view never changes.

welchog

February 16, 2007, 04:38:37 pm  was my first post, so that makes it just shy of 9 years.

BadHog

Quote from: OTR on December 27, 2015, 01:52:35 pm
Over five years.  Proud to say I have one hogville t-shirt for every year I've been here.  Was here for a short time before that as honkytonkman, a period in my life I'd just as soon forget due to my misbehavior here which led to my demise and ultimate lifetime ban.  I learned my lesson and have been a model citizen since being given a second chance.

Just goes to show you that everyone deserves a second chance! ;)
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: BadHog on December 30, 2015, 02:22:04 pm
Just goes to show you that everyone deserves a second chance! ;)

Second chance??  OTR makes Fritz the Cat look like a piker.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dr. Starcs

Bryant Disciple

10+ years! (Not bad for a Bama fan...  ;))

I think you have one of the best boards around. It's well moderated, but not too moderated. This board has me rooting for the Hogs when they aren't playing my Tide.

fullfan

Date Registered: September 22, 2005, 09:15:11 am   :razorback:

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Razorbackuphere

Over ten years.  Although I don't post much due to heated debates over nonsense.  Yes, I've been banned a few times for speaking my mind...  Now I choose to keep Hogville fun and just read the threads every few days.  The app is cool and keeps me up to date too.

How about some contests for some Hog gear or tickets...???  Surely all of this traffic and ads makes some revenue to give back to your members.

jabohog

Quote from: Lanny on December 26, 2015, 07:06:19 am
We are always open to suggestions, what features would you like to see added?
I would like to suggest that Doug add an option that when I think someone posting is being a jerk, I can click the posters quote link, then hit ESC and it will fry the posters computer. I don't even want to have Mod status, I would just be doing it for Hogville, and it would be for free on my part. That would be a nice feature for me, I been a member for 11 years this month. ;D ;D ;D

yraciv

Registered September 30, 2004, so I've been around 11 years now. Time flies when you are having fun!  :razorback:

ICEman

Shouldn't this sentence be in the declarative?  Razorback fan How Long from Guangzhou, China has been a Hogville Member for several years.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HF#1

5 years I think.  I don't know, it all runs together.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin