Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone see Bruce Pearl speak on PTI?

Started by JustoHogFan, February 08, 2006, 04:59:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JustoHogFan

Now thats the kinda coach it takes to win games no wonder Tenn. is so much improved.

Please Frank, once Heath screws up the rest of the season hire a good coach!!!!!!!!

GO Hogs pound LSU's face in in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :razorback:  :razorback: 

:puke:heath

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: JustoHogFan on February 08, 2006, 04:59:50 pm
Now thats the kinda coach it takes to win games no wonder Tenn. is so much improved.

Please Frank, once Heath screws up the rest of the season hire a good coach!!!!!!!!

Fifteen years ago, Deon Thomas of Chicago Simeon was a prized high school recruit. He was courted by both Illinois and Iowa. Ultimately, he chose Illinois and went on to be one of the best players in the '90s for the Illini. But the Iowa Hawkeyes, particularly Tom Davis assistant Bruce Pearl, weren't eager to see him in Champaign-Urbana. They framed Illinois in a recruiting "scandal" with the NCAA. A summary from ChicagoSports.com:

[Bruce] Pearl contends at one point, [Deon] Thomas told him Illinois was offering $80,000 and a Chevrolet Blazer. Pearl, then a 29-year-old assistant, huddled with his bosses, who decided to buy audio equipment and have Pearl tape subsequent conversations with Thomas.

When an NCAA investigator inquired, Iowa officials decided to turn over the tapes, which appeared to back Pearl's claim. Thomas later said he was just trying to get Pearl off the phone.

The NCAA cleared Collins and Illinois in Thomas' recruitment.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

JustoHogFan

Intresting I did not know anything about that but it was a good post.........

three

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 08, 2006, 05:03:38 pm

Fifteen years ago, Deon Thomas of Chicago Simeon was a prized high school recruit. He was courted by both Illinois and Iowa. Ultimately, he chose Illinois and went on to be one of the best players in the '90s for the Illini. But the Iowa Hawkeyes, particularly Tom Davis assistant Bruce Pearl, weren't eager to see him in Champaign-Urbana. They framed Illinois in a recruiting "scandal" with the NCAA. A summary from ChicagoSports.com:

[Bruce] Pearl contends at one point, [Deon] Thomas told him Illinois was offering $80,000 and a Chevrolet Blazer. Pearl, then a 29-year-old assistant, huddled with his bosses, who decided to buy audio equipment and have Pearl tape subsequent conversations with Thomas.

When an NCAA investigator inquired, Iowa officials decided to turn over the tapes, which appeared to back Pearl's claim. Thomas later said he was just trying to get Pearl off the phone.

The NCAA cleared Collins and Illinois in Thomas' recruitment.
Wow, that's great, now we have to fight off Fat Fill in FB and The Pearl in Hoops, FANTASTIC!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

fusbal11

Problem is that if the hogs do "pound in the faces of LSU" then Stan would almost have to commit suicide to lose his job this year.  They win tonight and it is so "ON",  There would be no reason to think that they aren't on a roll.
WPS
Wooo Pig

Illinihog

The thing got more pub in Illinois last year when Pearl played Illinois in the Tourney.  The man isn't well respected in much of Illinois. 

JustoHogFan

:'( YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR RIGHT, AND I HATE STAN THE MAN BUT ALL THAT GOES OUT THE WINDOW WHEN THE HOGS PLAY CAUSE ALL I CARE ABOUT IS A WIN. IF STAN WAS ABLE TO WIN I WOULDNT CARE I JUST WANT TO SEE RAZORBACK DOMINANCE ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HOGS!!!  :razorback:

fusbal11

Quote from: JustoHogFan on February 08, 2006, 05:36:38 pm
:'( YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR RIGHT, AND I HATE STAN THE MAN BUT ALL THAT GOES OUT THE WINDOW WHEN THE HOGS PLAY CAUSE ALL I CARE ABOUT IS A WIN. IF STAN WAS ABLE TO WIN I WOULDNT CARE I JUST WANT TO SEE RAZORBACK DOMINANCE ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HOGS!!!  :razorback:
I hear ya, the jury is still out for me on STAN.  I'm on the fence, but even if I hated him I would never wish a big fat "L" on him or anyone else that is running the helm for any razorback team.
Wooo Pig