Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mitch Mustain VS. Duke's Point Guard...

Started by hogtheball, February 08, 2006, 02:13:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogtheball

Did you guys know last years'  Gatorade National Football Player of the Year was Greg Paulus, Duke's point guard? He was named the National High School Coaches Association senior athlete of the year ... finished his senior year with 3,672 yards passing, 43 touchdowns, a 65.5 completion percentage and 410 yards rushing ... rated as the top quarterback in the country by USA Today and football recruiting analyst Tom Lemming.

I hope Mitch has as much of an impact on our football team, as Paulus has had on Duke's b-ball team.

I was just looking at other Gatorade Player of the Year recipients and found that interesting. Mitch is in awesome company, by the way. Gatorade has a history of picking some great football players. Other winners include:

Brock Berlin, Travis Minor, Tim Couch, Brock Huard, Peyton Manning, Ron Powlus, Terry Kirby, Emmitt Smith, and Jeff George to name a few. 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

akp4105

Paulus picked the right path i'm guessing..doing well at Duke

hogsanity

So what the "vs" part.  Vs means you are going to play against each other or compete. 

I know  MM VS Mothra.  With Bill Brasky as the ref. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

Paulus must be quite the athlete.  Im guessing he can play baseball well too.

Some kids just have that knack.

LordStanleysHog

Paulus is good, but I hope that Mitch has a much more positive impact on us... Paulus' turnovers will be the reason Duke will not win the NCAA, and his turn over in the Georgetown game spelled defeat... did you see him in later part of the second half?  He's wasn't in control and made turnovers when the game was on the line... but he will definately be as good a pure-point as there has been since Hurley once he settles down and matures.

hogtheball

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2006, 02:25:42 pm
So what the "vs" part.  Vs means you are going to play against each other or compete. 

I know  MM VS Mothra.  With Bill Brasky as the ref. 

Sorry, there was a post yesterday that started quite a thread.  It is titled Gary Brashears vs. Mitch Mustain.   This was just done as a lighter follow-up to that, with a more positive spin.  That being said, I think Mitch could take him in a Texas cage-match.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogtheball on February 08, 2006, 02:13:18 pm
Did you guys know last years'  Gatorade National Football Player of the Year was Greg Paulus, Duke's point guard?

Wow, now Mustain's going to play basketball.  I am depressed.
[CENSORED]!

LA HAWG

pigfeet

hogtheball

Mustain vs. Randy Johnson - in a snowball fight...

LordStanleysHog

Paulus is good point for a freshman but does make a lot of mistakes that his teammates make up for and his defense lacks, like you've mentioned... so what makes people think that a freshman point that didn't play last year and isn't as skilled as Paulus would be a good start for the Hogs?  just a question I suppose for another thread...

hogtheball

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on February 08, 2006, 03:13:20 pm
Paulus is good point for a freshman but does make a lot of mistakes that his teammates make up for and his defense lacks, like you've mentioned... so what makes people think that a freshman point that didn't play last year and isn't as skilled as Paulus would be a good start for the Hogs?  just a question I suppose for another thread...

We're not exactly hoping to be able to match up with Duke tomorrow - just improve on the current situation.  We'd take Paulus in a second, but he'd not available - is he?

DOGALUM

Quote from: hogtheball on February 08, 2006, 03:41:43 pm
Quote from: LordStanleysHog on February 08, 2006, 03:13:20 pm

We're not exactly hoping to be able to match up with Duke tomorrow - just improve on the current situation.  We'd take Paulus in a second, but he'd not available - is he?
No....but Sean McCurdy is....and I'll tell you what, that kid can.........oh hell....forget it.
No need to open up that can of worms again. ;)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

realtorhog

LA HAWG

How about Ditka vs. a whole team of Mustain's only these Mustain's are giant sized?

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 08, 2006, 04:09:05 pm
How about Ditka vs. a whole team of Mustain's only these Mustain's are giant sized?
In my best Chicago accent...

"hmmmm....  one Ditka versus a team of giant sized Mustain's?  Ditka by two.  Da Bears! ;)