Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Football 06

Started by razorbackfan4life, February 08, 2006, 01:06:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackfan4life

In all my years of being a Razorback fan I have never felt as excited as I am now about this upcoming football season.  I look back at the last two years and see a young team coming into its own.  We have so much talent this year, that IMO we should win atleast 8 games.  Now that record greatly depends on our new offensive scheme because nobody can honestly say that it's going to be very successful.  All we can do is hope that we made the right decisions in the off season.  Our defense started playing very well late in the football season.  They were starting to gel.  There is a lot to look forward to.  I hate that it's 7 months away, but when that ol' USC team comes rolling around I will be sitting in my seat calling the hogs!!  Last year I hoped we would do good, but this year I KNOW we should do good even with how young we still are.  I don't know if anyone else feels the way I feel but I'm so excited! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :)

Pig Power

Make sure nobody is watching you do that.

GrizzledHogFan

I'm very excited as well.  Now let's see some results.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

NATEHOGG216

I do.  Don't get me wrong, I still think that Numbnutts should be uprooted.  But I will admit that I have a hell of a lot of hope for this team in the years to come.  I hope this is the year we start.  I truly believe we have the pieces in place to be a very very competitive team.  Will we? I don't know.  I thought that last year we would be pretty good, but uh, then look what happened.  Every day I manage to run into one of my other Hogfanatic friends and we always talk football b/c Stan the man isn't doing what we ALL had hoped for this year.  I am soo excited.  The only thing that worries me is if I am this excited what happens if Numbnutts does it again.  I cannot handle ANOTHER season like this one.  I don't think we will have to endure it.  I hope we don't
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

razorbackfan4life

I can honestly say our quarterback situation early in the season had a lot to do with our bad season.  We started off on the wrong note, losing to Vandy, and then getting humiliated by USC.  But that was early in the season, and like I said towards the late part of the season you could see the team really playing well.  Our quarterback situation wont be a big problem this year like it was last, and our d is greatly improved as well.

NATEHOGG216

WOOOOOOO PIIIIIIIIIIIG SOOOOIIEEEE
300th post.

Ya we did play well against the missisippi schools and a LSWHO team that was looking past us.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

hogoh

The unbridled optimism in threads like this makes me believe that a lot of people suffer some form of "battered-fan syndrome." 

Nutt as fan-beater.  Shrinks could have a field day.

Hogs4Ever

I'm hoping for 7 to 8 wins.  Anything less will be disappointing and anything more will be really exciting! WPS!! :razorback:

12under

im ready for the season and for our offensive players to learn the new system which could take all season.  defense should be much better as they have learned herring's system much more thoroughly.  i hope that one of the qbs takes control of the offense and is a leader even if that is robert johnson or anyone else

BigPapaHawg

I am hoping for atleast 8 wins this year!
WOO PIG

tophawg19

the young players added to what we have should make for a very competitive team each week . the hiring of wood should make gus's learning curve much shorter . we are in for a good year .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins