Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you beat LSU tonight....

Started by hawgjowls, February 08, 2006, 10:38:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgjowls

if you were the coach how would you beat lsu? and not the "score more points".

if me i would start out pressing and sub liberally all throughout the 1st half and most of the 2nd then find me 6 players for the last 7-8 minutes and try to beat them in the last 3-4 minutes.  you cant beat them in a half court game at all.

hawg IQ

IF he plays tonight like he did last saturday we got a great chance at winning?
go hogs go !

sooie dog

Come out running and gunning for the first 18-20 minutes.  Build a 20 point lead and then slow it down.  Walk the ball up the court and stop playing D.  Watch it all slip away.  Oh wait I thought you wanted a preview of tonights game.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hognob

Steven Hill needs to stay out of foul trouble.  He dominated Davis on the defensive end.

NATEHOGG216

wear our white jerseys.  You think we could talk them into wearing the gay ass purple.  I really don't think its the away games killing us, its the red on our jerseys, Lsu is like a bull and red pisses them off
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Hoggy Mo Pena

Rocky&Boarwinkle

How about playing a full 40 minutes.  Since we haven't tried it yet this year, it might be a novel approach for a change.

HoopS

If you have more quality depth, then use it.  How can we learn to keep our composure late in games?  Figure that out and we are tough.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on February 08, 2006, 10:48:08 am
How about playing a full 40 minutes.

DING DING DING.  and we have a winner.  Tell him what he's won Bill.  You have won an all access pass to watch us get outplayed in the second half tonight due to a lack of passion and effort worth about 1 million a year. 
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

pfrg999

23 From Brewer
20 From Modica
15 From Thomas
Hill 5 or 6 Blocks and out of Foul trouble
Ferguson/Jefferson Limit Turnovers combine for 10-14 assists, 4 to's, 10 pts , 5 rebs
Townes 10-12 pts - 6-9 rebounds 2 Blocks, & stay out of foul trouble
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

I would sub sub sub and never let off the press.  I would focus on winning the second half.  But then again, for as much as I dog on SH... he might be a little bit better a coach than I.

hawgjowls

i really was looking for a little more indepth answers but oh well.  everybody wants to be a coach when watching, so what would you do?

Mike Tencleve

Score more points! Ok just had to do it.

TuckFexas

baseball bat and tire iron. that's how I would beat LSU tonight.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

NATEHOGG216

chew the officials asses when they f'd up.  Chew my players asses when they f'd up.  Overall I would show some fire.  If my guys weren't gonna play hard then they aren't going to play.  I will clear the bench and put in the walk ons.  If we are gonna lose, lets do it with less talent on the floor.  I am sick of losing with the better talent.  Is that a good enough answer.  Indepth?  It doesnt matter SH will continue to sit(kneel down) on the sidelines and when we get a screwy call he will almost stand up and bitch and then will remember that he is scared and just stay put.

pfrg999

Quote from: TuckFexas on February 08, 2006, 11:03:41 am

+1 for you... I said Fireams and Cloraform.... ;D

othermac

defend every shot, use our size to force low percentage shots, and hit the boards,i cant stand good defense then allowing an easy put back.and i agree press those guards, use them up. they dont play many players, we need to get into their bench. and value the ball, we must stop hurrying into turnovers.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

BushHawg

Quote from: sooie dog on February 08, 2006, 10:45:24 am
Come out running and gunning for the first 18-20 minutes.  Build a 20 point lead and then slow it down.  Walk the ball up the court and stop playing D.  Watch it all slip away.  Oh wait I thought you wanted a preview of tonights game.

You forgot:  Forget how to rebound in the 2nd half.  Let them take wide open 3's.

One thing is for sure:  If you're going to shoot a 3, make sure you're about a foot behind the line!
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

HighOnHogs

Impossible Task.  Try to remember we are playing on the road.

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: Hoggy Mo Pena on February 08, 2006, 10:47:59 am
Use Duke's players and Coach.

That's good...only thing you could add would be to bring their officiating crew along too!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

WILL CLINTON

See if Nolan, Corliss, Al Dillard, Scotty Thurman, and Corey Beck were available.  Let Day, Mayberry, and Miller come off the bench with McDaniel. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

RealSmartGuy

Our best chance of winning tonight is to keep Stan at Home and let the Assistant coach, Stan just showing up means we have an 89% chance of losing.  He has proven his worth.  At least with the assistant we would have a 50/50 shot because has not proven he can't yet.

FIRE STAN

hogsrock

Quote from: hawgjowls on February 08, 2006, 10:38:59 am

if me i would start out pressing and sub liberally all throughout the 1st half and most of the 2nd then find me 6 players for the last 7-8 minutes and try to beat them in the last 3-4 minutes.  you cant beat them in a half court game at all.

Hypnotize the team and tell them if they didn't give 100% every second they're on the floor that they would die when the game was over.  Wake them up and say alright boys, you know what's going to happen if you don't play hard.  We'd win by 20.
"It's easy to fix mistakes if the exposed flaws are unusual.  But when these flaws are fundamental weaknesses that haven't been corrected for years the idea that a problem may be too serious to correct is sobering."  Bacon

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: TuckFexas on February 08, 2006, 11:03:41 am

Nice!! 1 applaud for you.

hogfankb

Keep Thomas(or maybe even McGowan) on Tyrus bodying him up all night. Make him play physical.

Hill plays defense like the game at home but it will be hard for him to stay out of foul trouble @ LSU.

Play hard for 40 minutes. If we do that we win. Not rocket science but for some reason we can't.

NATEHOGG216

Maybe all of the LSwho players will be sick.  I bet we could pull it out then.

pigfeet

I would work the jab the follow with the overhand right. Counterpunch at all times. Stay active early on. Great footwork to cut off the court. Finish strong in the end and hope the judges score cards have us prevailing.
I would settle for a split descision.

NATEHOGG216

Split decision?  Screw that the refs won't ever let that happen, they will probably DQ us, those bastards

pigfeet

Holding? Low blows?? Biting an ear???  I know, I know .... Lack of a good corner man ( heath ).

NATEHOGG216

Big Hawg 21

Alternate Man and Zone defenses to keep them off balance. It also keeps Hill out of foul trouble.  The only problem with Zone is rebounding.  We gave up 17 offensive rebounds to them last time we played.  If they do that again it will be a long night.

NATEHOGG216

UHHHHH?  Did you just say the only problem with zone is the rebounding?  How about the second half against UK  60 fricking percent shooting.  Thats a pretty fricking big problem with zone i would say

ogar_hog

Quote from: hawgjowls on February 08, 2006, 10:38:59 am

I think that could work...I don't think that the refs will left us play 6 on 5 the last 8 minutes, but it's worth a shot.

NATEHOGG216

plus one karma for you.  That was badass.