Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Calipari

Started by sooie dog, February 08, 2006, 10:28:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sooie dog

Intersting discussion here in KC yesterday about replacing Quin Snyder.  Several names were mentioned one of those being Mike Anderson.  Anyway,  they began discussing Calipari and one of the sports writers said covering his teams were more like covering the Sopranos.  He said he had covered them in tournaments when Calipari coached at both UMass and Memphis.  Both times writers received threatening calls from his assistants early in the morning.  Just warnings not to write about some of the things that went on at the hotel.  The radio host said you don't want his assitants anywhere near your program.  I'm curiouse how long until they go on probation.  It is good to hear this scum bag being exposed for what he is.

hogsanity

I would not call that being EXPOSED.  I mean bring on the proof.  However, it would not shock me either. 

As for the Mizzu job, Mike Anderson would be insane to go there.  They are in worse shape than we were after Nolan left.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Patch

John Calipari is fricking slime. As much as I hate John Cheaney, I wish he would've kicked the crap out of Calipari at that press conference.

hogsanity

Calipari remoinds me of the guy who were the "managers" on the wrestling shows in the early-mid 80's.  Almost like he is trying so hard to look guilty of SOMETHING.  And, if he feels he is out of the spotlight, he does or says something utterly stupid.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pfrg999

Quote from: Patch on February 08, 2006, 10:40:26 am
John Calipari is fricking slime. As much as I hate John Cheaney, I wish he would've kicked the crap out of Calipari at that press conference.

Ask Hoginmemphis... He and Calipari are Buddies... Calipari has dinner over at his house all the time....well at least that what he says.... Just like he said MM would never come to Arkansas and would join DW down in Florida.... Calipari is a POS... HATE HIM....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hogster18

February 08, 2006, 11:01:39 am #5 Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 11:39:26 am by Hogster18
You guys are a bitter crowd. I post and read here so I am a Razorback fan first.   He may be hard on his players, but they respect him and are productive as a result.

pfrg999

Quote from: Hogster18 on February 08, 2006, 11:01:39 am
You guys are a bitter crowd. I post and read here so I am a Razorback fan first.  But, I own a business in Memphis that John and many of his players/asst. coaches visit several times per year.  In fact, I speak to his wife and daughter at least once per week.  And honestly, they are ALL very kind people. His wife is actually very soft spoken and shy. I have never seen anything from him or his family to indicate that they are anything other than genuine, friendly people.  He may be hard on his players, but they respect him and are productive as a result.

That is Sweet... He is a Egomanical Demagogue who loves the sounds of his own voice.... and is Utter Classless in his remarks about other people and thier teams...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hogster18

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 08, 2006, 11:04:04 am

That is Sweet... He is a Egomanical Demagogue who loves the sounds of his own voice.... and is Utter Classless in his remarks about other people and thier teams...

Maybe so.  But I think his record speaks for itself.