Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike: Can you help me with a quick question?

Started by swineymcswine, February 08, 2006, 03:04:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

swineymcswine

I was wondering if you knew what the possibility of Coach Nutt becoming our next Athletic Director was? Is there anything in his current contract concerning this or the Athletic Director job at all? I seem to remember watching the press conference when Coach Nutt announced that he would not be leaving for Nebraska and they mentioned when talking about the new contract that he would be adding something like Associate Athletic Director to his job title and this would basically set it up to where when Coach Broyles stepped down from his job that Coach Nutt would basically be next in line. How far off am I?

Porky OLeary

I think you must have misunderstood something in that presser. We'd all know about it wouldn't we?

razorback3072

I am not a hugger nor am I a darksider, so I am being as objective as possible.  IMO, there's no chance now that he becomes AD.  Not with the PR disasters the last three years and that has nothing to do with wins and losses.  The Nebraska deal did not hurt him too bad.  But after the LSU deal and this past years debacle with coaching changes-Is he fired or is he not(Wittke) but nobody knows for sure because no one is saying anything.  That coupled with the effect it had on the image of the program has lost him a chance at AD.  The powers that be know he's ticked off too many people and won't be able to bring in the money regardless of how good of a used car salesman he is.  You would think that Nutt sees this as well and knows any shot he has at AD is gone.  That's why I believe, again my opinion nothing else, that he's probably gone after this year.  If they have a bad year, he's fired.  A good year and he uses it to get a job at another school or in the pros.  Remember that regardless what the fans think, he does have a lot of respect outside of this state.  My best guess is the next AD will be Montgomery.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Ugly Uncle

I just heard Mike Irwin discussing this on Press Row.  Mike if you are reading this, and I misquote you or am misleading please correct me.

He said that he had heard nothing about the A.D. offer being official.  That HDN would not be willing even if offered to accept that position right now.  That he desires to keep coaching without that obligation.  So, that was not of the package deal that went along with the contract extention and the 2 yr. pass.  I tried to represent that the way it was presented on Press Row.  If I left something out or added something, someone please help/correct me.
Retired Radio Host

Topcat

I don't think anyone knows who the next AD will be, but I bet Jim Lindsey knows who the top 2 or 3 are. I know that he likes HDN, but I can't believe they would want him as an AD after some of his PR fiascos. There's better options out there than HDN.

An old hog fanatic

The only thing about the AD job that was mentioned when HDN decided not to go to Nebraska was that he would be considered for the position if and when it became vacant.  No guarantees, although the presser did make it sound good. 
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny