Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sportsline NCAA bracket

Started by Big Hawg 21, February 07, 2006, 03:03:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Hawg 21

Has Arkansas a 9 seed along with Kentucky.

hogsanity

Wow Hogs and Ky as 9 seeds.  What the heck happened to the SEC?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsNbeer

pfrg999

Then Again...I would take a 9 seed.... But I think Talent wise we are a 3 or 4 seed... Coaching wise... we are at home...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Pig Power

hogsanity

Sorry, gotta have a legit PG to be a 4 seed or higher, and we dont have one of them thar PG's. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 07, 2006, 03:46:03 pm
Then Again...I would take a 9 seed.... But I think Talent wise we are a 3 or 4 seed... Coaching wise... we are at home...

Agreed.  I will be absolutely shocked if this team makes the Dance.

rightrev82

I noticed UAB was an 8. That would make for an interesting first round match-up.

I wounder if Nolan would attend?
Patience of 3 year old child > Patience of Razorback Fans

three

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on February 07, 2006, 03:52:20 pm

Absolutely agreed.  I think we may be a week or two away from a monumental collapse.  This team went from throwing alley-oops off the backboard at the start of the year last year, to being so bad a good Jr. High team could have beaten them.  Sorry, but I see the same thing happening this year.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

Big Hawg 21

Quote from: rightrev82 on February 07, 2006, 03:55:37 pm
I noticed UAB was an 8. That would make for an interesting first round match-up.

I wounder if Nolan would attend?

You know Nolan would be there. 

pfrg999

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2006, 03:48:07 pm
Sorry, gotta have a legit PG to be a 4 seed or higher, and we dont have one of them thar PG's. 

Sho nuff....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pfrg999

Quote from: three on February 07, 2006, 03:56:11 pm
Quote from: Hogs4Ever on February 07, 2006, 03:52:20 pm

Absolutely agreed.  I think we may be a week or two away from a monumental collapse.  This team went from throwing alley-oops off the backboard at the start of the year last year, to being so bad a good Jr. High team could have beaten them.  Sorry, but I see the same thing happening this year.

I agree we are a week or two away... But it will either be the Monumental Collapse... or a run... a very good run... But we are on the edge on it...

No Jr. High team will beat them ...we would be up by 18 pts in the first half ... and in the 2nd half....we would... Uhhh... well.....uhhh nevermind

hogtheball

Where are you guys getting that Arkansas has the talent for a 3 or 4 seed?  We have ONE, count 'em ONE legitimate NBA prospect on the team right now.  ZERO point guards,  No shooting guards who can hit anywhere near 40% from the three, a defensive center who is a great shot-blocker and bad rebounder,  and some forwards who are good athletes with some promise.   If this team gets in the tournament, we should be proud of them and root for at least one win.   If we get a 9 seed, that means we finished the year strong - I, for one will be pumped if that happens.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Hums

My money would be on UAB. Think they would ware us out and take advantage of our weak ball handlers!

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 04:23:14 pm
Where are you guys getting that Arkansas has the talent for a 3 or 4 seed?  We have ONE, count 'em ONE legitimate NBA prospect on the team right now.  ZERO point guards,  No shooting guards who can hit anywhere near 40% from the three, a defensive center who is a great shot-blocker and bad rebounder,  and some forwards who are good athletes with some promise.   If this team gets in the tournament, we should be proud of them and root for at least one win.   If we get a 9 seed, that means we finished the year strong - I, for one will be pumped if that happens.

Call me crazy, but I believe that Steven Hill will eventually play in the NBA.  He may never be a star, and he isn't there yet, but he'll get minutes. 

pfrg999

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 04:23:14 pm
Where are you guys getting that Arkansas has the talent for a 3 or 4 seed?  We have ONE, count 'em ONE legitimate NBA prospect on the team right now.  ZERO point guards,  No shooting guards who can hit anywhere near 40% from the three, a defensive center who is a great shot-blocker and bad rebounder,  and some forwards who are good athletes with some promise.   If this team gets in the tournament, we should be proud of them and root for at least one win.   If we get a 9 seed, that means we finished the year strong - I, for one will be pumped if that happens.

Uhhh that's the Definition of a Three or four seed...  There is only 64 people or so taken in the draft... But we should be 18-3 ... and 23-6 going 5-3 the rest of the way... a 23-6 is a 4 seed or 5 seed... and some have been a 3 seed...  with that record... That is what I was hanging My hat on... And Brotha... There are Many Many Final Four Teams that have 1 legitimate NBA player on it... 1994 Championship Team... Corliss  only one who stuck

hogtheball

No, you're not crazy - If he keeps improving like he has been, he'll get a shot at the bigs.  He's 7' tall and has incredible timing.  He reminds me a lot of Andrew Lang when he was young. Right now, however, he's not an NBA prospect.  I wouldn't advise him to declare himself eligible for the draft just yet.

Remember Jason Jennings at ARknasas.  He got drafted in the second round by Portland after he finished at Arkansas State.  Hill has more potential than he did.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

pfrg999

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 04:31:44 pm
No, you're not crazy - If he keeps improving like he has been, he'll get a shot at the bigs.  He's 7' tall and has incredible timing.  He reminds me a lot of Andrew Lang when he was young. Right now, however, he's not an NBA prospect.  I wouldn't advise him to declare himself eligible for the draft just yet.

Remember Jason Jennings at ARknasas.  He got drafted in the second round by Portland after he finished at Arkansas State.  Hill has more potential than he did.

Hill is MUCH MUCH quicker than Jennings.... Better Timing also... Jason was a Bigger Body... Better Rebounder

hogtheball

February 07, 2006, 04:39:52 pm #18 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 04:42:24 pm by hogtheball
Are you saying that our team is as talented as the 94 team?  First, Corliss was in a league all his own (first-team all-american).  Look at Nolan's career before Corliss came and after he left, and you'll see a very mediocre coach.  Second, Corey Beck and Clint McDaniel were both NBA prospects and both played some NBA ball. Now, give me some more of those many, many final four teams with one NBA prospect.

hogtheball

Larry Bird carried the least talented team ever (except him, of course) to the final game. Ronnie certainly isn't a Larry Bird talent-wise.

hogtheball

Wisconsin in 2000 wasn't the most talented team ever.  I think Kirk Penney was on the team, but just a freshman at the time.  He might have been the only NBA prospect on that team.  They had several good shooters on the team, though.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

lol preach it brotha

pfrg999

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 04:39:52 pm
Are you saying that our team is as talented as the 94 team?  First, Corliss was in a league all his own (first-team all-american).  Look at Nolan's career before Corliss came and after he left, and you'll see a very mediocre coach.  Second, Corey Beck and Clint McDaniel were both NBA prospects and both played some NBA ball. Now, give me some more of those many, many final four teams with one NBA prospect.

Utah... Van Horn.... Stanford...  Beck Played sparingly and was not drafted, Niether was Scotty, Crawford and McDaniel Rode the pine... for a few games...  so they had One... One legitimate NBA prospect... Drafted

pfrg999

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 04:48:04 pm
Wisconsin in 2000 wasn't the most talented team ever.  I think Kirk Penney was on the team, but just a freshman at the time.  He might have been the only NBA prospect on that team.  They had several good shooters on the team, though.

God No we aren't as Talented as the 94 team... But 1 legitimate NBA prospect.... Hill is a Prospect... Townes is a Prospect...Modica is a Prospect.. Thomas Is a Prospect

But you are agruing both for and against your own point

hogtheball

Utah?!?! Are you serious?  Andre Miller played with Van Horn - both have had decent careers.  Their center was Michael Doleac. He's still in the league - with Miami, I think.  That's three still in the league.  Would you believe Hanno Mottola was also on the team and played in the NBA? That  wasn't your best choice. I can't even remember a North Carolina team with as many NBA players.

Stanford isn't much better news for you.  First Mark Madsen was center - still in the NBA. The Collins twins, Jason and Jaron are still playing on NBA teams. Tim Young was in the NBA for a year.  That's four from that team who made it.

When I say NBA prospect - that just means a talented player who the NBA scouts are seriously considering drafting.  Scotty and McDaniel were certainly prospects. 

go ahead - find me one more final four team with 1 nba prospect.  You said there were Many, many final four teams with one prospect.  they certainly don't include stanford or utah.  I gave you Indiana State.  Just find one more.

hogtheball

Good point, I think Modica is a prospect - he needs some more good games to get a serious look.  I don't think many scouts would agree on Hill just yet - and Townes is certainly not a prospect.   Thomas is getting closer - maybe next year.

hogtheball

The current team would be considered very talented if we had one good guard on the court - modica is more of a 3 player most games.  You just don't see top seeds in the tournament without good guards handling the ball.

hogtheball

Am I arguing with myself, now?  Dear God, don't show this to my wife.

three

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 05:09:16 pm
Good point, I think Modica is a prospect - he needs some more good games to get a serious look.  I don't think many scouts would agree on Hill just yet - and Townes is certainly not a prospect.   Thomas is getting closer - maybe next year.
Actually, Townes is a prospect, right now, that according to ESPN.com, and if you want to throw Modica in there as well, that makes three.  Now, you also say Utah had Doleac, Van Horn, Miller, and Mottola all on one team.  Yet, at the time those four were playing together, Miller and Mottola were NOT prospects.  Yet, you'd like to group them all together, but you wont count Hill.  I think we can agree Hill's size and defense make him a future prospect.  That means this team currently has 4 NBA prospects. So, what does that mean?  Well, by your own definition of a 3 or 4 seed, Arkansas then meets thos requirements, at least looking at the talent pool.  Sorry, but all the arguments you've given as to why Arkansas does not have 4 seed talent went out the window when you compared them to that Utah final 4 team.  The ONLY difference between those two teams is talent......at the coaching position.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

pfrg999

Here just a few Pick out what you need But Just to name a few
Oklahoma,  Miss State, Florida, Villinova, Virginia, Penn, Providence, OK State There will be a few more!

N. Carolina

Illinois

Michigan St.

Louisville

St. Louis

UConn

Ga. Tech

Duke

Okla. St.

San Antonio

Syracuse

Kansas

Texas

Marquette

New Orleans

Maryland

Indiana

Kansas

Oklahoma

Atlanta

Duke

Arizona

Maryland

Michigan St.

Minneapolis

Michigan St.

Florida

Wisconsin

North Carolina

Indianapolis

Connecticut

Duke

Ohio St.

Michigan St.

St. Petersburg

Kentucky

Utah

Stanford

North Carolina

San Antonio

Arizona

Kentucky

North Carolina

Minnesota

Indianapolis

Kentucky

Syracuse

Umass

Miss. St.

E. Rutherford

UCLA

Arkansas

Oklahoma St

North Carolina

Seattle

Arkansas

Duke

Arizona

Florida

Charlotte

North Carolina

Michigan

Kansas

Kentucky

New Orleans

Duke

Michigan

Indiana

Cincinnati

Minneapolis

Duke

Kansas

UNLV

North Carolina

Indianapolis

UNLV

Duke

Georgia Tech

Arkansas

Denver

Michigan

Seton Hall

Illinois

Duke

Seattle

Kansas

Oklahoma

Duke

Arizona

Kansas City

Indiana

Syracuse

UNLV

Providence

New Orleans

Louisville

Duke

LSU

Kansas

Dallas

Villanova

Georgetown

Memphis State

St. John's

Lexington

Georgetown

Houston

Kentucky

Virginia

Seattle

N.C. State

Houston

Louisville

Georgia

Albuquerque

North Carolina

Georgetown

Houston

Louisville

New Orleans

Indiana

North Carolina

Virginia

LSU

Philadelphia

Louisville

UCLA

Purdue

Iowa

Indianapolis

Michigan St.

Indiana St.

DePaul

Pennsylvania

Salt Lake City

Kentucky

Duke

Arkansas

Notre Dame

Saint Louis

Marquette

North Carolina

UNLV

UNC-Charlotte

fineswine

Teams with less talent than this Arkansas team to win it all...1983 N.C. State, 1985 Villanova.

hogtheball

I respectfully disagree on the '83 N.C. State assertion.  They weren't as talented as Houston, but they had Thurl Bailey (15 years in the NBA), Sidney Lowe (7 years in the NBA), and Lorenzo Charles (Played for the Hawks 1 season). Derrick Whittenburg never made it in the NBA, but was a third round draft pick by the Suns.  He was head and shoulders above any of our guards.  At what position do the current Razorbacks have more talent than those guys?

hogtheball

February 07, 2006, 10:49:54 pm #32 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 10:52:28 pm by hogtheball
85 Villanova - not the most talented team to ever win, but you really think we are more talented?  Ed Pinckney was on that team - early first round draft pick who played 11 seasons, most with the Celtics.  Harold Pressley was on the team, played four seasons with Sacramento averaging almost 10 pts. and 5 rebounds before a knee injury.  Also, the McClain bros., Gary and Dwayne were on that team.  Dwayne played a little in the NBA (never drafted).  Gary was drafted and never played.  It's hard to see our team as more talented than those guys right now. 

By the way, the all-NCAA tournament team in '85 included 4 Villanova guys (the most ever from one team)  Harold Jensen, Dwayne McClain, Gary McClain, and Ed Pinckney.  That was in a year when Patrick Ewing, karl Malone, and David Wingate had great tournaments.

Buff

yay for us. a 9 seed.  let the huggers rejoice!!  the improvement continues.

Call Mr. Sow

Not a hugger, but I will certainly rejoice with a 9 seed.  Because I don't believe there's a chance in hell that we make this tournament.

mountainhog

With Hills height and coordination, he will definitely be in the nba and he will stick!  He has tons of raw talent and he has as much talent as any center we have ever had at his sophmore stage .

hogtheball

I love Hill.  I wish they would run at least 6 or 7 post-up plays for him every game so he can develop some offensive confidence.  He has the skills, just not the confidence yet.  His game reminds me of Andrew Lang at this point, though he needs a few more pounds to add some presence.  Lang played in the NBA for 12 seasons - I hope the same for Hill. 

He doesn't have as much talent as Joe Kleine, Scott Hastings, or Oliver Miller.  Those guys were all a dominant offensive presences by their sophomore seasons. Kleine and Hastings led their respective Razorback teams in scoring and are both pretty high up on the all-time scoring list.  They were also all much better rebounders than Hill, at this point in their careers.   Again, I see great things in Hill and hope he gets as good as he is capable of getting.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hums on February 07, 2006, 04:24:11 pm
My money would be on UAB. Think they would ware us out and take advantage of our weak ball handlers!

UAB would kill us, or Duke would in the second round, Pick your poision and pick it wisely...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.