Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scottie Pippen addresses Hogs at basketball practice

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, February 07, 2006, 11:54:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Former NBA star and Hamburg native Scottie Pippen visited Arkansas' practice Monday. Pippen was in the area on business.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/145119/
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dukefan

One of the most complete pro players of all time!!!

Hogs4Ever

I'm sure he wouldn't be interested but they should hire Pippen to consult this team and staff!

chillinhoggie

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on February 07, 2006, 12:28:36 pm
I'm sure he wouldn't be interested but they should hire Pippen to consult this team and staff!

So he can teach 'em how to refuse to go into a game when the coach sends 'em in? Just what they need bad attitude.

WindyCityHog

Trust me.

Scottie Pippen is not a gentleman.

Fellow Arkansan or not, he's a _________. 

I'll leave it at that.

nobballconcept

scottie is a royal ....    having said that, I hope he laughed at Heath and treated him like he does everyone else that he thinks is below him.  HEATH SUCKS!!!

HogHeathen

Quote from: dukefan on February 07, 2006, 12:25:25 pm

Yea...That was what he said to MJ..."You complete me"....lol a little Jerry Mcguire

Hogwild07

I dont think he even wanted to do it.  he wasnt even a razorback. Though i hope he said something that will help us Wednesday night.

madhawg2020

Quote from: WindyCityHog on February 07, 2006, 12:32:59 pm
Trust me.

I'll leave it at that.

He's not even well liked in his hometown. Last year he tried to buy land that had no right away for access. Everyone refused to grant a right away and a local business man swooped and bought the land out from under him. His family is as arrogant as he is!!!

fire_hog

I for one hope it's the last time Pippen shows his face in Arkansas. I have had some minor dealings with him, and the rumors are true. He is one of the most complete, well-rounded a-holes I have ever met. Funny story: A friend of mine at UCA when Pippen was playing there was working at Price-Cutter , and caught him with a steak down his pants trying to walk out one day. The store manager decided to call the coach instead of the law, so it never went to the cops, but it gives you an idea of the quality of "No Tippin Pippen".
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

hogsNbeer

Quote from: fire_hog on February 07, 2006, 01:56:25 pm
   I for one hope it's the last time Pippen shows his face in Arkansas. I have had some minor dealings with him, and the rumors are true. He is one of the most complete, well-rounded a-holes I have ever met. Funny story: A friend of mine at UCA when Pippen was playing there was working at Price-Cutter , and caught him with a steak down his pants trying to walk out one day. The store manager decided to call the coach instead of the law, so it never went to the cops, but it gives you an idea of the quality of "No Tippin Pippen".

He rode Jordan's coattails to the fullest....

rightrev82

would you expect him to be anything other than an ________ , he graduated from UCA.
Patience of 3 year old child > Patience of Razorback Fans

curioushog42

>:(

I played against Scottie in high school and my sister went to school with him at UCA. Let me tell you about out man Scottie! He is a complete sellout. His own town ( Hamburg) disown him. I live here in Texas and their two twin Brother (Claude and Clarence) that live here in Texas near me that i played against on the Hamburg team with Scottie back in the day. We talk all the time about Scottie and They say that people in Hamburg literally hate his Arse! I'm from  Mcgehee and their nothing, I mean Nothing in Hamburg that Scottie have done for the people down there. No donation to the athletic Department for the High School and no kid center for the kid like Keith Jackson is doing, and Several years ago Scottie tried to charge people in Hamburg money to sign autograph. Do everyone remember when Portland and Lakers came to Alltell Arena for an exibition game. Well, Scootie didn't want to come out of his hotel and sign autograph for the fans or Arkansas who support his butt over the years with the Bulls. Scottie never acknowledge where he from or how proud he is to be an Arkansan like Jermaine (Bad Intension) Taylor. Scottie Pippen is selfish loser and I wish the Media stop kissing his Butt. He will always be a loser and sellout in my book.

lespaulHog

The most over rated player to ever play in the NBA. Without Jordan he could have played for Rimrockers

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HogHeathen on February 07, 2006, 01:31:28 pm
Quote from: dukefan on February 07, 2006, 12:25:25 pm

Yea...That was what he said to MJ..."You complete me"....lol a little Jerry Mcguire

Actually - "Minnie Me...You complete me"
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

lespaulHog

Hawgballer, the dude is right on. I live in McGehee and know a lot of people in Hamburg. They can't stand him.

donthaveone

Quote from: lespaulHog on February 07, 2006, 04:43:51 pm
Hawgballer, the dude is right on. I live in McGehee and know a lot of people in Hamburg. They can't stand him.

I am from Chicot County, I live in Atlanta now. I played against Scottie in high School and in pick-up games in Portland, Arkansas. He was cool with me. I also ran into him just out side Monticello one day a few years ago (he was with Portland) and he was cool and cordial again. I know he is not really fond of Arkansans who are white. I guess after a lifetime of them calling you and your dad and brothers person all your life, it kind of sours you on them. He was not liked by whites when he was broke, so why would they like him now? because he is famous? just asking a question. He is tight as they come though.

Kinghog1

Quote from: madhawg2020 on February 07, 2006, 01:46:40 pm
Quote from: WindyCityHog on February 07, 2006, 12:32:59 pm
Trust me.

I'll leave it at that.

He's not even well liked in his hometown. Last year he tried to buy land that had no right away for access. Everyone refused to grant a right away and a local business man swooped and bought the land out from under him. His family is as arrogant as he is!!!

Amen.....Scottie thinks his do-do doesn't stink.....I know him very well since he's from Hamburg and myself from Crossett.Everybody from around here can't stand him and wish he would stop telling everybody where he is from
Tough Titty said The Kitty but the milk is still good

pfrg999

Quote from: donthaveone on February 07, 2006, 04:56:10 pm

I am from Chicot County, I live in Atlanta now. I played against Scottie in high School and in pick-up games in Portland, Arkansas. He was cool with me. I also ran into him just out side Monticello one day a few years ago (he was with Portland) and he was cool and cordial again. I know he is not really fond of Arkansans who are white. I guess after a lifetime of them calling you and your dad and brothers African American all your life, it kind of sours you on them. He was not liked by whites when he was broke, so why would they like him now? because he is famous? just asking a question. He is tight as they come though.

Uhhh... That is the Most Racist crap I have ever Heard.... If I said that about a white player not like Black people because some black people did something to his family.... That guy would be vilified... C'mon... That is BS...
If that is the Way he feels should I not like him because some black guy pissed me off... No... Guess I am a better person that that
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

lespaulHog

I am from Chicot County, I live in Atlanta now. I played against Scottie in high School and in pick-up games in Portland, Arkansas. He was cool with me. I also ran into him just out side Monticello one day a few years ago (he was with Portland) and he was cool and cordial again. I know he is not really fond of Arkansans who are white. I guess after a lifetime of them calling you and your dad and brothers African American all your life, it kind of sours you on them. He was not liked by whites when he was broke, so why would they like him now? because he is famous? just asking a question. He is tight as they come though.
That's racist crap!! No room for it here! Get out and stay out!

Hogster18

February 07, 2006, 05:07:26 pm #20 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 05:09:37 pm by Hogster18

Are you related to workman321?

Hawgballer

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 07, 2006, 05:02:55 pm

Uhhh... That is the Most Racist crap I have ever Heard.... If I said that about a white player not like Black people because some black people did something to his family.... That guy would be vilified... C'mon... That is BS...
If that is the Way he feels should I not like him because some black guy pissed me off... No... Guess I am a better person that that

You're comparing apples to oranges.

donthaveone

Quote from: Hogster18 on February 07, 2006, 05:07:26 pm

No 321s in my family that I am aware of. Don't shoot the messenger, just relaying what I have been told. The Delta is not the most African American freindly place in the world. I am not sure some are aware of that little tid bit.

Ugly Uncle

What do you think Heath was trying to do here? 

One thing about Houston Nutt, when he started feeling heat he had Taylor come in and talk to the team.  I feel like the whole state loves Taylor...I know that I do.  I thought, "great!  HDN is bringing in a good person, a hard worker, a champion.  Someone that I would want my kids to listen to if they were older and on that team."  It actually earned some points for HDN...at least with me. (which he subsequently lost and more)

Was Heath thinking..."I am feeling some heat...let me bring in a famous Arkansan champion.  Someone that will really get these guys fired up.  Maybe the fans will see that I am really trying and respect me more for bringing in someone like Scotty."

If that was his plan...I think it backfired.  From the people that I have talked to...they just don't dislike Scotty, they don't respect him either.  If he would have brought in Sidney I think everyone would have been excited and given Heath some points for that.
Retired Radio Host

Hawgballer

Quote from: lespaulHog on February 07, 2006, 05:04:09 pm

That's racist crap!! No room for it here! Get out and stay out!

What are you talking about? Are you saying that it couldn't be true? You can call it the "Nolan" complex if you want to but I don't find it hard to believe that someone could be discriminated against in thier youth and have it affect thier behaviour later in life.

lespaulHog

February 07, 2006, 05:19:10 pm #25 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 05:22:07 pm by lespaulHog
Quote from: donthaveone on February 07, 2006, 05:17:22 pm

No 321s in my family that I am aware of. Don't shoot the messenger, just relaying what I have been told. The Delta is not the most African American freindly place in the world. I am not sure some are aware of that little tid bit.
Try being white and go to McGehee High School and see how "friendly" you are treated.

pfrg999

And Pine Bluff  just the Opposite
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

donthaveone

Quote from: lespaulHog on February 07, 2006, 05:19:10 pm

Try being white and go to McGehee High School and see how "friendly" you are treated.

I am white and went to Lake Village High (or Lakeside as we used to call it) and was treated well. Show respect, don't be soft and you will get respect any place you go.

hogtheball

MY "PIPPEN IS A JERK" STORY...
I used to wait tables at Bennigan's in Little Rock. One night, Pippen and a couple of his buddies came in fairly late and were seated in my section.  I stayed after work and took care of them: food, drinks...and let them talk without letting people bother them.  I didn't ask for autographs, and took good care of them.  Then No Tippin Pippen stiffed me.  Not cool for anybody, much less a multi-millionaire who stays an hour after closing.

The next time he came to the bar, I was ready.  I had a handful of Scotty Pippen cards in my car for him to autograph.  After I had him sign like 5 cards...I started to ask him questions:  Dude, it must be awesome to play with Michael Jordan.  It must be the best!!!  He just glared at me (him and MJ aren't best of friends, I guess).  I kept going - man, is Jordan as cool in person as he is on TV.  I think he would have taken back the cards if he could've.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Hawgballer

Quote from: lespaulHog on February 07, 2006, 05:19:10 pm

different thing

Boarcephus

Pippen is a jerk.  We used to live across the street from Doyle Moncrief, (yep, Sidney's brother and a prince of a fellow) and Doyle told me all I needed to know about Pippen.  Sidney ran the Boys Club in LR and had Pippen come in to see the boys one time.  Pippen refused to sign autographs and his comment of "my house is bigger than this gym" sort of cooled Doyle feelings for him.   Screw Pippen.  Like others have said, with Jordan he's mediocre and he should know it.  When Jordan left the first time Pippen couldn't carry them.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

BigPapaHawg

I couldn't give a darn about pippen, he's not a Razorback!
WOO PIG

Boner

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 07, 2006, 06:00:52 pm
Pippen is a jerk.  We used to live across the street from Doyle Moncrief, (yep, Sidney's brother and a prince of a fellow) and Doyle told me all I needed to know about Pippen.  Sidney ran the Boys Club in LR and had Pippen come in to see the boys one time.  Pippen refused to sign autographs and his comment of "my house is bigger than this gym" sort of cooled Doyle feelings for him.   Screw Pippen.  Like others have said, with Jordan he's mediocre and he should know it.  When Jordan left the first time Pippen couldn't carry them.

I think we've established that Pippen is an asshat - and he was an enormous one, but let's not diminish his ability as a player.  He's a first ballot HOF'er, was voted one of the Top 50 players of all time, was a member of the original dream team.....and on and on and on.  He was pretty damn good.

As far as him not doing anything without Jordan, I'm sorry but that's not the case.  I'm a huge Jordan fan, and will argue to the end of time that he is the greatest athlete of all time.  But, the reality is that Pippen fared better without Jordan, than Jordan ever did without Pippen.  Pippen twice made the conference finals without Jordan.  Jordan never did that without Pippen.  Pippen led a team without Jordan, without H. Grant, without Rodman, to 60 wins.  Jordan never did that without Pippen.

Like I said Jordan is the greatest ever, and far better than Pippen or anyone else, but to say that Pippen couldn't hack it without Jordan is crazy.  His Bulls were a phantom foul away from beating the Knicks back in 1994 and advancing to the NBA Finals.

jkstock04

February 07, 2006, 08:29:26 pm #33 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 08:32:08 pm by jkstock04
These stories are news to me...I had no idea....glad that now I do.  When I was kid I loved to watch him and Jordan and company...was the only time in my life that I've ever gotten into the NBA.  If even half of these stories are true then he is a total A-hole...good for him I guess...sounds to me like he needs to stay out of Arkansas if he is so much above all us Arkansas peasants....how could a millionare ex NBA star want to charge some kid from his own hometown to give him an autograph...thats ridiculous.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

whatsshakinbacon

Go ask the valets at The Peabody about Pippen.

He's not their best friend.

Bacon out...

Broken Trigger

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 05:29:30 pm
I used to wait tables at Bennigan's in Little Rock. One night, Pippen and a couple of his buddies came in fairly late and were seated in my section.  I stayed after work and took care of them: food, drinks...and let them talk without letting people bother them.  I didn't ask for autographs, and took good care of them.  Then No Tippin Pippen stiffed me.  Not cool for anybody, much less a multi-millionaire who stays an hour after closing.

The next time he came to the bar, I was ready.  I had a handful of Scotty Pippen cards in my car for him to autograph.  After I had him sign like 5 cards...I started to ask him questions:  Dude, it must be awesome to play with Michael Jordan.  It must be the best!!!  He just glared at me (him and MJ aren't best of friends, I guess).  I kept going - man, is Jordan as cool in person as he is on TV.  I think he would have taken back the cards if he could've.

Sounds like you came up with a good plan to get back at him.  That would've been worth a million to see his face when you were building up MJ to him.  I am kinda surprised though that he even signed the autographs, being as big a jerk as he sounds.   I never knew much about Scottie, but he must be pretty pitiful judging by the love he is receiving in the thread.

dukefan

February 08, 2006, 08:36:27 am #36 Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:11:29 am by dukefan
GUYS HE IS ONE OF THE 50 GREATEST ALL TIME!  He won as much without Jordan as Jordan won without him!  They were a perfect tandem!

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Whataboar™

Quote from: RazorbackRick on February 07, 2006, 09:53:11 pm
Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 05:29:30 pm

Sounds like you came up with a good plan to get back at him.  That would've been worth a million to see his face when you were building up MJ to him.  I am kinda surprised though that he even signed the autographs, being as big a jerk as he sounds.   I never knew much about Scottie, but he must be pretty pitiful judging by the love he is receiving in the thread.
When I first read that you had gotten back at him, I assumed you'd maybe done something to his drink before I read otherwise.
If he's that big a jerk, I'm sure other servers have 'taken care' of his food or drink in the past.
It just blows me away that someone like him would stiff a hard-working waiter or waitress.
Just goes to show you that NBA millions can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy class.  ::)

"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.