Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Basketball...FIRE HEATH

Started by akp4105, February 06, 2006, 05:33:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

akp4105

February 06, 2006, 05:33:18 pm Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 05:42:00 pm by akp4105
I went to the Hog practice today, I was there just to see a practice..Right before practice starts, their shootin around and I see Heath tell a manager something..and later figured out what he said when the manager walked up to where I was sitting and asked me to leave...Put me on the Fire Heath Bus..this guy is a joke..my family holds season tickets and have for many years..and he's gonna tell me to leave practice because its closed practices now, maybe he's afraid of fans...I've sat in on practices before, even this year..I'm a loyal fan of the Hogs, but thats ridiculous..Now I know Nutt put the tarp up, but I went to a few of those practices as well and just looked over the tarp, and many other guys were there as well and we were never asked to leave..so FIRE STAN HEATH..I'M A HOG FAN, BUT NOT A HEATH FAN..

hoggerdinger

I agree. 
I don't go to practices, but he needs to be gone.  I hope at least they were polite.

12under

absolutely, if he wouldn't allow YOU to watch practice, he definitely should lose his JOB.  good reasoning

three

Quote from: 12under on February 06, 2006, 05:45:43 pm
absolutely, if he wouldn't allow YOU to watch practice, he definitely should lose his JOB.  good reasoning
I don't think you're getting the point.  Stan doesn't like fans.  He's not a fan friendly coach.  After he does his radio show, he doesn't walk over to the kids waiting by the tunnel to sign autographs, he ducks out the other tunnel to avoid them.  Ask someone from Central Arkansas when the last time he was down there was.  Nobody knows him down there because he never goes down there.  He doesn't like dealing with fans or the media.  Other than Paul Eels, he doesn't no any media members from central Arkansas because he never goes down there.  That's the problem.  He's not excited about being the HC at Arkansas, and that's what this state wants, that's what these fans deserve, PERIOD!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

SuperHog

with the state that our program is in right now, who would be excited about being the Head Hog?
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

three

That's a great point!  But wait, if you were brought in to fix it, maybe that's what you should do.  He said at the beginning of the year, NCAA Tourny or bust, and right now, they're on the outside looking in.  Even by Stan's standards he's not up to par!!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

12under

do you know stan?  have you any real proof that he doesnt like being or is excited to be our coach or just that he doesnt no(know) the media or travel to central arkansas?  he hasnt been to lake village or nashville or pocahontas either.  just another dumb reason to bash a coach.  if i were a coach i would get tired of people griping about every little thing i do also.

12under

Quote from: three on February 06, 2006, 05:56:01 pm
That's a great point!  But wait, if you were brought in to fix it, maybe that's what you should do.  He said at the beginning of the year, NCAA Tourny or bust, and right now, they're on the outside looking in.  Even by Stan's standards he's not up to par!!
good thing selection sunday isnt today

pioneerhog

Quote from: 12under on February 06, 2006, 05:56:34 pm
do you know stan?  have you any real proof that he doesnt like being or is excited to be our coach or just that he doesnt no(know) the media or travel to central arkansas?  he hasnt been to lake village or nashville or pocahontas either.  just another dumb reason to bash a coach.  if i were a coach i would get tired of people griping about every little thing i do also.
WARNING WARNING: Sunshine pumper, Nutt Hugger, Heath lover or whatever you want to call them.

12under

Quote from: pioneerhog on February 06, 2006, 06:04:40 pm
WARNING WARNING: Sunshine pumper, Nutt Hugger, Heath lover or whatever you want to call them.
nope..... just someone with a little common sense

hoggerdinger

Stan does not like people (fans) at his practice because he knows he sucks as a head coach.  He is the worst thing to happen to Arkansas basketball program.  Our team stinks, our coaching staff stinks as well.  We are a joke.  We don't have one good player on the team.  People are in love with Brewer because of his father, but I'm not impressed.  He is not his father at all.

12under

Quote from: hoggerdinger on February 06, 2006, 06:09:15 pm
Stan does not like people (fans) at his practice because he knows he sucks as a head coach.  He is the worst thing to happen to Arkansas basketball program.  Our team stinks, our coaching staff stinks as well.  We are a joke.  We don't have one good player on the team.  People are in love with Brewer because of his father, but I'm not impressed.  He is not his father at all.
damn!  need a prozac?  you need to talk to someone

Adam Stokes

I thought the only reason he still had his job was because he was "such a nice guy" and that he was "such a nice guy" that he needed to get meaner on the players.  Can't you people make up your minds?  Season tickets get you into the games, not the practices!!  If people are willing to look over the tarp, why not hide in the raptors?  I see no problem with it other than he wants the players to focus harder and maybe have some surprises for the LSU game.  He's the coach, let him do what he wants.  Until he is fired, let the man do his job.  It will be very close whether we get into the tourney this year, and I agree, tourney or bust.  Until then let things play out, and save your energy during the games.

three

Actually, yes, I do know Stan, and am around him quite frequently during the basketball season.  However, my information about him not coming to central Arkansas stems from knowing several media members in Little Rock who have, on more than one occassion, made that same comment to me.  Sorry, hope I didn't completely ruin your point.  Stan is a good guy, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't make him a good coach, maybe it makes you a great recruiter, but not a great coach.

three

Quote from: ajs15razorman on February 06, 2006, 06:22:52 pm

I thought the only reason he still had his job was because he was "such a nice guy" and that he was "such a nice guy" that he needed to get meaner on the players.  Can't you people make up your minds?  Season tickets get you into the games, not the practices!!  If people are willing to look over the tarp, why not hide in the raptors?  I see no problem with it other than he wants the players to focus harder and maybe have some surprises for the LSU game.  He's the coach, let him do what he wants.  Until he is fired, let the man do his job.  It will be very close whether we get into the tourney this year, and I agree, tourney or bust.  Until then let things play out, and save your energy during the games.
I don't know how you could hide in the raptors, they're extinct!  I kid, I kid!  Maybe you could hide in the rafters....again, I kid!!  But seriously, the point is that he says he's a practice coach.  He says he likes to do his coaching in practice rather than games.  That's a direct quote.  I think what people are saying is, if I support the program, let me see this practice coach at work.  Having a dozen people in the stands, or even one, is a distraction, what's going to happen in the game?  Especially when you go down to BTR in the Maravich Assembly Center with a bunch of fans cheering for a pig roast.  Nolan recongized this and was EXTREMELY open about his practices, mroe than any other coach I've been around.  Stan is very private, and if he was winning, that would be okay, but he's not, he continues to struggle in the same areas he has for the last three seasons, without showing much improvement over the last two.  People, fans, are just curious, you can't fault them for that.

hoggerdinger

This is your weak response?  You can't argue my point so you choose to be a whimp and attack me personally.  I bet you are a fat ass couch tater with no woman and no job.  How do you like that?  Slob.

Quote from: 12under on February 06, 2006, 06:14:05 pm
damn!  need a prozac?  you need to talk to someone

nobballconcept

it is really simple guys, don't argue..........HEATH SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Kevin

i have spoken to coach heath on a few occasion, even saw him at a restaurant once at lunch he spoken with me for several minutes.  i have nothing against him from that stand point.  but i have not been at the arena and seen him duck out before.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

toshortrock

i was mad at first,then i said,what the hell was i thinking in the first place,with heath here,we;re not going to win,so get use to it,i have
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

akp4105

BTW Scottie Pippen was at Bud Walton as well, maybe he was there see what he saw was wrong with this team, or give a pep talk before wednesday...anyways, I've been to a Heath coached practice before..yes he does do alot of coaching..but he also practices the guys for like 3 hours at a time sometimes..nolan would get them in there make them run and sweat hard..and then get them out, the guys now wear long sleeve t shirts under their practice jerseys and dont even sweat much..and no it wasnt a day before a game it was is preseason when they should be pushed the hardest..I'm not sayin we need nolan, but we need somethin..we need a coach that yells and gets mad, that cares that he's about to be packin his bags if he doesnt win soon...he doesnt push his team enough..he doesnt during the games and the practices I've seen..he doesnt there either..

ctthras

Stan Heath-maybe one of the best recruiters, you guys act like we are duke and we must win a national championship every year.  Stan Heath has a plan, but the problem is that people like you will not give him a chance.  Did you ever think that the reason that you weren't allowed to be in practice was because he was trying to get his players focused.  Basketball is about the team, it is not about the fans.  We are only there to watch....NOT TO PRACTICE!!!!  The games are for fans!!! While I am on the topic of fans........dont come unless you want to cheer and if you come DO NOT LEAVE EARLY!!!  I am one of the ones in the student section that has the sign   "OLD PEOPLE MAKE NOISE"  B/C it is true.....if you ever want to have a good program you need support.  That does not mean go to practice.  It means to get your butt up during the GAME.  By the way, the fact that you want Heath gone only becuase he didnt allow you to watch practice is insane.

akp4105

th
Quote from: ctthras on February 06, 2006, 09:53:25 pm
Stan Heath-maybe one of the best recruiters, you guys act like we are duke and we must win a national championship every year.  Stan Heath has a plan, but the problem is that people like you will not give him a chance.  Did you ever think that the reason that you weren't allowed to be in practice was because he was trying to get his players focused.  Basketball is about the team, it is not about the fans.  We are only there to watch....NOT TO PRACTICE!!!!  The games are for fans!!! While I am on the topic of fans........dont come unless you want to cheer and if you come DO NOT LEAVE EARLY!!!  I am one of the ones in the student section that has the sign   "OLD PEOPLE MAKE NOISE"  B/C it is true.....if you ever want to have a good program you need support.  That does not mean go to practice.  It means to get your butt up during the GAME.  By the way, the fact that you want Heath gone only becuase he didnt allow you to watch practice is insane.

that is not the reason i want him gone..it just finally fueled my fire a lot more...He's a good recruiter you're exactly right, but he CANT coach...its been proven..he cant WIN on the road..he cant get that BIG win to mark this program..and i dont leave the games early..i'm at every game, and i stay till the very end if we're up by 20, down by 20 or its a close game..i am always in the gym..and my family has season tickets and has for a very long time..since the national championship season...I sit on row C and nolan never closed his practices..again, not sayin we need nolan or that i want heath fired because he didnt let me watch practice today, but if he was winning, i would be very happy to leave practice..but as a fan i believe i'm entitled to watch practice..the sign in front of bud walton arean when you walk in says.."WELCOME TO BUD WALTON ARENA...ARENA HOURS ARE 8 AM TO 5 PM MONDAY THRU SATURDAY..i think that means i can be in the gym..again if a coach wants his players focused and doesnt want fans to bother the players then its fine...IF YOUR WINNING..he has been here 4 years and has what..3 road wins in the SEC? he's has been very less than average..he can get all the good recruits he wants here but they arent doing anything under him obviously..i want to see him WIN...i want to see the hogs win...again I'm a Razorback fan, but particulary not a Stan Heath fan..

hawgfan80

So he didn't open practice for you, big deal. Just because your family has season tickets means you're entitled to see practice? Let the man try to do his job. If he doesn't do well the last 8 or 9 games, you'll get your coaching change.

NATEHOGG216

Says who?  Unless someone convinces JFB and the BS powers that be otherwise, we will probably just give this incompetent coach another extension.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

silvertip

Quote from: akp4105 on February 06, 2006, 05:33:18 pm
I went to the Hog practice today, I was there just to see a practice..Right before practice starts, their shootin around and I see Heath tell a manager something..and later figured out what he said when the manager walked up to where I was sitting and asked me to leave...Put me on the Fire Heath Bus..this guy is a joke..my family holds season tickets and have for many years..and he's gonna tell me to leave practice because its closed practices now, maybe he's afraid of fans...I've sat in on practices before, even this year..I'm a loyal fan of the Hogs, but thats ridiculous..Now I know Nutt put the tarp up, but I went to a few of those practices as well and just looked over the tarp, and many other guys were there as well and we were never asked to leave..so FIRE STAN HEATH..I'M A HOG FAN, BUT NOT A HEATH FAN..

Poor baby. You expect special treatment? It's the coach's call. Grow up.

hoggystyle78

I could really care less about watching practice, no offense, but I just want to win!, and Stan can't get it done. He said "NCAA or bust", can somebody tell me, just what in the hell does bust mean?, hopefully it means Stan is a man of integrity and he will resign at the end of the BB season.

dirthog

has stan said in front of the media that practices are closed I dont think so, maybe I'm wrong but until he does I think that we have a right to be there. HDN came out and said that practices would be closed last year, he was honest and didn't try to toss people through via the secret agent manager.  I personally dont think stan likes us (fans, media) after the way he handled cains ?, I'm sure of it.
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

silvertip

Quote from: akp4105 on February 06, 2006, 10:01:58 pm
th
..i am always in the gym..and my family has season tickets and has for a very long time..but if he was winning, i would be very happy to leave practice..but as a fan i believe i'm entitled to watch practice..

There's your problem. First, you think the coach has to do it YOUR way because he's "not winning." You're wrong.

Second, you think you're "entitled" to watch practice. You're wrong about that as well. Poor baby. Why don't you just go over to JFB's office & tell him how you want things done? How will they know what you WANT unless you tell them?

silvertip

Quote from: dirthog on February 07, 2006, 09:08:02 am
has stan said in front of the media that practices are closed I dont think so, maybe I'm wrong but until he does I think that we have a right to be there. HDN came out and said that practices would be closed last year, he was honest and didn't try to toss people through via the secret agent manager.  I personally dont think stan likes us (fans, media) after the way he handled cains ?, I'm sure of it.

Naw, Stan likes a lot of us. He just doesn't like you.

pfrg999

February 07, 2006, 09:21:09 am #29 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 09:22:49 am by pfrg999
Looking like a person...Who is on his way out
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

silvertip

Quote from: akp4105 on February 06, 2006, 09:52:51 pm
BTW Scottie Pippen was at Bud Walton as well, maybe he was there see what he saw was wrong with this team, or give a pep talk before wednesday...anyways, I've been to a Heath coached practice before..yes he does do alot of coaching..but he also practices the guys for like 3 hours at a time sometimes..nolan would get them in there make them run and sweat hard..and then get them out, the guys now wear long sleeve t shirts under their practice jerseys and dont even sweat much..and no it wasnt a day before a game it was is preseason when they should be pushed the hardest..I'm not sayin we need nolan, but we need somethin..we need a coach that yells and gets mad, that cares that he's about to be packin his bags if he doesnt win soon...he doesnt push his team enough..he doesnt during the games and the practices I've seen..he doesnt there either..

Since you have so many problems with the way Stan runs his practices, AND since you've seen so many of them, AND since you are "always in the gym"---then it occurs to me that maybe he specifically wanted YOU out of there. Maybe you should take it personally.

Stateline Hawg

The times i've seen Stan in Junction City watching Anderson, he takes time with the fans, signs autographs(even those who are wearing LSU gear), and even takes pictures with them.  Hell, he might have thought you were a LSU scout or informant, who knows.

JusticeHawg

February 07, 2006, 09:32:59 am #32 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 09:48:52 am by JusticeHawg
Quote from: three on February 06, 2006, 05:51:03 pm
Quote from: 12under on February 06, 2006, 05:45:43 pm
I don't think you're getting the point.  Stan doesn't like fans.  He's not a fan friendly coach.  After he does his radio show, he doesn't walk over to the kids waiting by the tunnel to sign autographs, he ducks out the other tunnel to avoid them.  Ask someone from Central Arkansas when the last time he was down there was.  Nobody knows him down there because he never goes down there.  He doesn't like dealing with fans or the media.  Other than Paul Eels, he doesn't no any media members from central Arkansas because he never goes down there.  That's the problem.  He's not excited about being the HC at Arkansas, and that's what this state wants, that's what these fans deserve, PERIOD!

I don't know about what has happend in central Ark or what went on at this practice in question.....but when Stan has been down to Junction City to see James Anderson play he has been very nice to the fans and signed autographs......of course that could just the less sinister and not quite evil enough alter ego of Stan that comes out when he is in the home town of his number 1 target for the 07 recruiting class.    

I am starting to figure it out now.....not only does he kiss the players backside....he is doing the same to the JC fans......evil, evil man.....evil genius may I add......As soon as he gets his signature he will revert to his old ways of tripping old people and kicking babies...... ;)
apprehend that scumbag for impersonating a basketball coach!

RAZORBART

winning would take care of most if not all those things. Need proof ?
See previous coach. Not a Nolan fan just using him as an example of what winning cures. He wasn't that fond of fans either and he did not make many trip to central Arkansas but when he won, who cared ?

uagradmom

The reason he's not letting people watch practices is that some of his seniors and some of his sophomores don't even know the inbound and/or other plays.   For those of you who think it is the freshmen that don't know what they're doing, it's not, it's the upperclassmen.  At the Kentucky practice,  people who were there watching the practice were commenting that they knew Kentucky would win because there was no "heart" in the seniors and some sophomores.
When a coach doesn't have anything to hide, why close practice?  Why does a coach tolerate upperclassmen who don't even know the plays??

pfrg999

Quote from: uagradmom on February 07, 2006, 11:27:50 am
The reason he's not letting people watch practices is that some of his seniors and some of his sophomores don't even know the inbound and/or other plays.   For those of you who think it is the freshmen that don't know what they're doing, it's not, it's the upperclassmen.  At the Kentucky practice,  people who were there watching the practice were commenting that they knew Kentucky would win because there was no "heart" in the seniors and some sophomores.
When a coach doesn't have anything to hide, why close practice?  Why does a coach tolerate upperclassmen who don't even know the plays??

+1 For you... Nice Quote.... Modica, Ferguson, Jefferson..... I hope Modica plays the way he did last game... But ...well you guys know.... anywho...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

RealSmartGuy

Now that I think about it, This is just another reason to fire Stan, first he can't win, then he kicks fans out of practice, would you like for people off the street to come watch you work every day?

uagradmom

They do.  They're called "customers" in the real world.  And unless I please the customer I don't have a job.  Guess that's not the way it is in the world of college sports.

akp4105

Quote from: silvertip on February 07, 2006, 09:23:15 am
Quote from: akp4105 on February 06, 2006, 09:52:51 pm

Since you have so many problems with the way Stan runs his practices, AND since you've seen so many of them, AND since you are "always in the gym"---then it occurs to me that maybe he specifically wanted YOU out of there. Maybe you should take it personally.

saying that i was always in the gym, i meant that i stay for the whole game..everytime..ive been to 4 or 5 practices this year including the offseason stuff in the first semester...i did not mean i attend many of the practices, i had some free time yesterday..and decided to go see practice, i was kicked out..heath is already on the hot seat, i wanted to see how he prepared the hogs for lsu, and he kicked me out..this is going too deep into things..i just dont like stan heath..thats all there is to it, if he starts winning and learns how to coach and doesnt just recruit..then i'll start to like him

fu-man-soo

it is his perrogitave to keep practices open or closed.  you get no say, sorry

HogHeathen

Yea, that's why Brewer is picked to be drafted in the top ten picks.....???

three

Stan Heath-maybe one of the best recruiters, you guys act like we are duke and we must win a national championship every year.  Stan Heath has a plan, but the problem is that people like you will not give him a chance.  Did you ever think that the reason that you weren't allowed to be in practice was because he was trying to get his players focused.  Basketball is about the team, it is not about the fans.  We are only there to watch....NOT TO PRACTICE!!!!  The games are for fans!!! While I am on the topic of fans........dont come unless you want to cheer and if you come DO NOT LEAVE EARLY!!!  I am one of the ones in the student section that has the sign   "OLD PEOPLE MAKE NOISE"  B/C it is true.....if you ever want to have a good program you need support.  That does not mean go to practice.  It means to get your butt up during the GAME.  By the way, the fact that you want Heath gone only becuase he didnt allow you to watch practice is insane.
There was a time when we were Duke.  Early 90s, we were among the 5 most popular programs in the country. You could find Razorback jerseys all over the country.  Kareem Reid's first two seasons, his jereseys were EVERYWHERE.  I remember having to drive all over Orlando, FL just to find a place that wasn't sold out, and Florida isn't exactly a hog fan hub.  The point is, there was a time when we were one of the most dominant programs in the country.  There was a time our football program was, too, and it slowly declined into something SEC fans don't even realize was once a great program.  Our basketball program is on the verge of being another one of those teams that people say, "hey, did you know they won a NC a long time ago?"  "Really? Get out a here!!!!"  Stan is obviously not the answer, I don't know why so many think he is.

That said, keep staying till the end of the games, keep standing throughout, and keep holding up your signs.  It's not the players' fault, and they need the support.   Hog fans used to be the best and roudiest around, let's not let that die, too.

akp4105

He was hired to do a job..thats exactly right..and his main objective is to WIN BASKETBALL GAMES..home and AWAY...thats his main job..so lets see it stan..i'm over gettin kicked out of practice, that just pissed me off..sorry bout the rant..