Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DW on Press Row

Started by YodaHog, January 25, 2006, 07:22:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

YodaHog

Doesn't sound too good for the Hogs so far.  DW has said it has always been his dream to play at FL and he is giving GM a chance out of respect.  Anyone else have other thoughts?

PiggoBitttys

And the fact that he's visiting Arkansas to see his friends. I really don't think we'll get him.

Rider0375

DW - "Florida is still on that pedistal, but Arkansas is coming up strong"

Razorbuck

I wish they would ask about his perception in the difference between the 2 offensive schemes
Now let's go win a Championship!

Razorbuck

how can you get a question to mike irwin?

preunions

"Arkansas
Quote from: Rider0375 on January 25, 2006, 07:25:56 am
DW - "Florida is still on that pedistal, but Arkansas is coming up strong"

i liked the way he said that...

Razorbuck

have they asked the question about 4 wr already committing to fla and how he feels about that?

Razorbuck

TulsaHawg

Sounds like Alex Wood may be a big key for Damian.

Hiring Gus was a big hire, but hiring Alex seems to have been a really big hire by HDN as well, as far as the recruits are concerned.

CDubyaP

Well I am listening, and to me, he has impressed me. Regardless of where he goes, I think DW will have success in life whether it's on the field or off.
Good Luck DW.

TulsaHawg

DW was asked about reports that he doesn't like HDN. He said that is not true at all. Said his dad doesn't have aproblem with HDN at all either.  Said he's had a relationship with HDN for awhile now, and that he used to play basketball with HDNIII.

DW asked HDN to come speak at their banquet, and that if he didn't like him, he wouldn't have invited him.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on January 25, 2006, 07:23:55 am
And the fact that he's visiting Arkansas to see his friends. I really don't think we'll get him.

I think we are still in it with him.

Razorbuck

He will be a bigger part if he goes to Arkansas.    In 50 years if he goes to Fla, he will just be that guy....you know....what was his name.... played with Mitch Mustain in high school....

ENHOG

Great show this morning with DW!  He is great kid.  He will excel in wherever and whatever he wants to do.
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

Razorbuck

I wished they had asked questions that might give us more insight...such as what he perceives as the differences in his role if he plays under Malzahn compared to Meyer at Fla

Razorbuck

Would also have liked to hear what he thinks about the glut of highly rated WR's commiting to FLA

ENHOG

The show with Dw was a lot shorter than the one with MM.  Mitch seemed to be a lot more open as well?
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

Razorbuck

Our only hope is if he is being veiled in his comments so he can wait till signing day and pick Ark. without having to worry about the backlash from Fla.   

TulsaHawg

Is Florida still visiting on Friday?

Damian said Arkansas is doing an in-home on Saturday morning.

HighOnHogs

Like I said before, after watching all the reels on his website whatever team gets him is going to have an unbelievable offense.

TulsaHawg

Seems ironic doesn't it, that  guy who was born in Louisiana, and grew up in Arkansas is such a huge Gators fan?

hogfancb

DW is setting everyone up.  He will be a hog.  IMO

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: TulsaHawg on January 25, 2006, 07:56:38 am
Seems ironic doesn't it, that guy who was born in Louisiana, and grew up in Arkansas is such a huge Gators fan?

Maybe, but it's somewhat irrelevant.  How many Cardinals fans live in Arkansas who have never been to St. Louis?  The bottom line is that Damian's been telling everyone all along that he's a gator.  Maybe Gus can make the case and the scales tip in the Hogs favor at the last moment, but right now I'd say it's 70% FL - 30% AR.

Buck Ocean

a couple of comments for Channel Five's Michael Irvin to address:

Damien is the 9th ranked reciever in the nation by Rivals.  95th overall.  Thats pretty good.

McFadden was a 5 star.  His ranking was 6.2   actually better than Mustain (6.1)  McFadden was the #2 multi-purpose running back in the nation.

Think like a Jedi

Razorbuck

last thing i want to start watching is Fla highlights.....dont care who it is

chiefsfan

Quote from: Razorbuck on January 25, 2006, 07:39:05 am
He will be a bigger part if he goes to Arkansas. In 50 years if he goes to Fla, he will just be that guy....you know....what was his name.... played with Mitch Mustain in high school....

Or it could be that Mitch Mustain is that guy...that you know...went to the same High School as Damian Williams...

That is why we play this stuff on the field...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

DukeOfPork

You guys are hilarious.  "Hopelessly optimistic."  I could see the following exchange happening:

Irwin:  "So basically, Florida is where you plan to go?"

Damian:  "Yes.  I can't wait to go.  I've always dreamed of being a Gator and that time can't come fast enough."

Hogvillian 1:  "I could tell in DW's voice that he was smiling like there was something he wasn't saying.  I think he might be coming to Arkansas."

Hogvillian 2:  "Definitely.  I'd say he's a lock.  Wooooo!  Pig!  Soooooie!"

TulsaHawg

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on January 25, 2006, 08:06:25 am
Quote from: TulsaHawg on January 25, 2006, 07:56:38 am
Seems ironic doesn't it, that guy who was born in Louisiana, and grew up in Arkansas is such a huge Gators fan?

Maybe, but it's somewhat irrelevant. How many Cardinals fans live in Arkansas who have never been to St. Louis? The bottom line is that Damian's been telling everyone all along that he's a gator. Maybe Gus can make the case and the scales tip in the Hogs favor at the last moment, but right now I'd say it's 70% FL - 30% AR.

"And Arkansas is coming hard." - Damian

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: PorkPariah on January 25, 2006, 08:27:57 am
You guys are hilarious. "Hopelessly optimistic." I could see the following exchange happening:

Irwin: "So basically, Florida is where you plan to go?"

Damian: "Yes. I can't wait to go. I've always dreamed of being a Gator and that time can't come fast enough."

Hogvillian 1: "I could tell in DW's voice that he was smiling like there was something he wasn't saying. I think he might be coming to Arkansas."

Hogvillian 2: "Definitely. I'd say he's a lock. Wooooo! Pig! Soooooie!"

The nail has been solidly hit on the head!   ;)

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Buck Ocean on January 25, 2006, 08:08:01 am

a couple of comments for Channel Five's Michael Irvin to address:

Damien is the 9th ranked reciever in the nation by Rivals. 95th overall. Thats pretty good.

McFadden was a 5 star. His ranking was 6.2 actually better than Mustain (6.1) McFadden was the #2 multi-purpose running back in the nation.

McFadden didn't get as much hoopla because he committed to Arkansas very early, and stuck with it.

HighOnHogs

January 25, 2006, 08:33:24 am #30 Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 08:39:03 am by HighOnHogs
Quote from: PorkPariah on January 25, 2006, 08:27:57 am
You guys are hilarious. "Hopelessly optimistic." I could see the following exchange happening:

Irwin: "So basically, Florida is where you plan to go?"

Damian: "Yes. I can't wait to go. I've always dreamed of being a Gator and that time can't come fast enough."

Hogvillian 1: "I could tell in DW's voice that he was smiling like there was something he wasn't saying. I think he might be coming to Arkansas."

Hogvillian 2: "Definitely. I'd say he's a lock. Wooooo! Pig! Soooooie!"

Hogwired:  Arkansas beats USC.

PorkPariah:  Now we will lose to Utah St, we suck!  :'(

FLKeysGuy

TulsaHawg, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you're grasping at straws here. 

Buck Ocean

QuoteMcFadden didn't get as much hoopla because he committed to Arkansas very early, and stuck with it.

Agreed Tulsa.  But to sell this season short of his Rivals ranking is just rediculous.  This is what accurate recruiting websites provide:  McFadden was a 5-star...and he was a Freshman All-america.  No story to this one.  Rivals was right.
Think like a Jedi

BloodRedHog

I tend to side with FL Keys -- DW is headed to FL right now. Maybe the in-home will help, but it does not look good.
I thought, though, that some of his friends were going to UA - maybe that will help as well.
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

TulsaHawg

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on January 25, 2006, 08:33:50 am

What straws? I am simply taking Damian at his word. 

He said that as of now, he is "committed" to UF, but Arkansas is "coming on hard".  He said that he has a decision to make, and it may be next Wednesday morning before he makes his final decision.

All I said is that Arkansas is still in it.  If the UA wasn't still in it, all Damian had to do was say on Press Row this morning that UF was his final answer, and that UA has no shot.  He didn't say that.

Not grasping at straws here.  Just being realistic, cause that's just the type of guy I am.  ;)

D-macs cuz

If he decided to come here great, honestly I'd say he's about 90% FL.  10% treating the hog nation with respect to at least listen.  Who knows, with mcfadden, mustain, and improving defense....maybe next year we still a big time receiver from another state.  We got the ball rolling in the right direction this year for the first time in a while...next year we fill in missing gaps which won't be as hard next year after we finish with 8 wins and go to a bowl game.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: TulsaHawg on January 25, 2006, 08:54:14 am
Not grasping at straws here.  Just being realistic, cause that's just the type of guy I am. ;)

Fair enough.  In the end, you and I would like the same result when it comes to Damian.  However, my version of being "realistic" is that he will be playing for the swamp sucking reptiles next fall.  That being said, Gus and Alex were able to pull MM from the clutches of the Irish.  The difference is that Mitchell's a lifelong Hog fan; D's a lifelong Gator fan.  I still think it's 70/30 in favor of FL.   ;)

SwineOnTheLine

He said that as of now, he is "committed" to UF, but Arkansas is "coming on hard".  He said that he has a decision to make, and it may be next Wednesday morning before he makes his final decision.

All I said is that Arkansas is still in it.  If the UA wasn't still in it, all Damian had to do was say on Press Row this morning that UF was his final answer, and that UA has no shot.  He didn't say that.

Not grasping at straws here.  Just being realistic, cause that's just the type of guy I am. ;)
hes just being nice because hes a nice guy.

excoach

He'll go to Arkansas if this is where he's mom wants him to go.

PulledPork

Did they ask him his opinion on World Peace and the Iraq Conflict.......now that would be news!

RAZORBART

I still think it's 70/30 in favor of FL.   ;)

that is where I had him since gus was hired. Before that it was 100/0 % to fla

bigarrazorback

where can i listen to the interview it aint on the pressrow archives?

hog caller

re:atuhog; you might know my neiece oe nephew. erica or Rob nichoils. my daughter graduated from tech in 87

TulsaHawg

Not grasping at straws here.  Just being realistic, cause that's just the type of guy I am.  ;)

I don't care what you guys say.  I still think we have a shot at getting Damian! ;D

DanTheHogFan

I think we might get him...we are probably 50/50 now.

Golfer

This is for Cousin Eddie....

.No Damien. Forget it. Will not happen. It is perfectly ok for Damien to be a "nice guy" and not go to the UA. Just because he has chosen UF does not mean he will shun Arkansas media or be an ahole. That is not who he is. It probably feels nice to imagine the wonderful possibilities of MM and Damien but it will never leave your imagination and will vanish before Feb 1. Just telling you a fact.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Golfer on January 30, 2006, 07:20:45 pm
This is for Cousin Eddie....

.No Damien. Forget it. Will not happen. It is perfectly ok for Damien to be a "nice guy" and not go to the UA. Just because he has chosen UF does not mean he will shun Arkansas media or be an ahole. That is not who he is. It probably feels nice to imagine the wonderful possibilities of MM and Damien but it will never leave your imagination and will vanish before Feb 1. Just telling you a fact.

Yes. Where is Eddie? :P

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Golfer on January 30, 2006, 07:20:45 pmIt probably feels nice to imagine the wonderful possibilities of MM and Damien but it will never leave your imagination and will vanish before Feb 1. Just telling you a fact.

Hee Hee,  It's funny to go back and read these. 

The SEC has no idea what kind of Hognado is about to bust through their football programs.