Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michigan game

Started by Dominicanhog, January 14, 2017, 09:06:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on January 15, 2017, 05:41:43 pm
Mississippi state didnt play a P5 outside the SEC thus year. How'd they get away with that?

BYU, ND, and Army are considered P5's in the conference's eyes.

Atlhogfan1

1 P5 opponent a season is enough.  More would be stupid.  Michigan has put us in a bind so understandable if we can't get one on short notice. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

OK rice, since you in the know, tell us whose office they were in when BB was on his knees in front of Jeff begging for Jeff to get rid of the Michigan home and home.

The beauty of that 103 percent of max attendance seating could not have been done by anyone on Earth other than Jeff Long, utilizing his Art of the Deal expertize and it had absolutely nothing to do with the lucky way the teams lined up for our home games this past season.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 15, 2017, 05:47:05 pm
Seats solds or seats occupied?

I didn't get up from my seat to see if they all were occupied, did you? I doubt there has ever been a sporting event with a butt in every seat, so I don't see th relevance.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on January 15, 2017, 06:01:12 pm
OK rice, since you in the know, tell us whose office they were in when BB was on his knees in front of Jeff begging for Jeff to get rid of the Michigan home and home.

You're the one who knows what Bielema is doing every second of every day, I'll leave that to you. So, we were the one to cancel and still got paid, hmm.....

GoHogs1091

Quote from: BR on January 15, 2017, 10:43:02 am
They have to learn to beat UCA first..

Arkansas State would lose to the Razorbacks at least 9 out of 10 times if they played the Razorbacks 10 straight seasons.

Arkansas State will have to get better coaching than they currently have, and ASU will have to get better on the lines-of-scrimmage.  It was evident the difference between UCA and ASU regarding coaching and line-of-scrimmage play.

It wasn't even as good of a UCA team as UCA will be in the future when Steve Campbell gets them totally built the way he wants UCA to be.

ATU HOG

I'm skeptical of numbers with attendance...

Bama, Ole Miss, and LSU all had big crowds. 

Don't think any of the others were close to being sold out.  Maybe tickets sold, but not actual attendance. 

ricepig

Quote from: ATU HOG on January 15, 2017, 06:09:47 pm
I'm skeptical of numbers with attendance...

Bama, Ole Miss, and LSU all had big crowds. 

Don't think any of the others were close to being sold out.  Maybe tickets sold, but not actual attendance. 
Of course it's tickets sold, as all events are these days.

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2017, 02:18:29 pm

That's proprietary info, sorry.
so you own the razorback football program, or you just own the scheduling of razorback football games?
This is fun, isn't it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2017, 06:09:34 pm
You're the one who knows what Bielema is doing every second of every day, I'll leave that to you. So, we were the one to cancel and still got paid, hmm.....
Give Jeff a raise ???  I'm impressed!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: 12247 on January 15, 2017, 06:01:12 pm

NYJMSU
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: LRRandy on January 15, 2017, 06:16:17 pm
so you own the razorback football program, or you just own the scheduling of razorback football games?

The university owns the info, ask them if you want it.

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2017, 06:25:01 pm
The university owns the info, ask them if you want it.
i couldn't care less to ask. Someone claiming to have information but deferring to it being proprietary information is usually an owner. Or a poser. I think we see.
This is fun, isn't it.

my3boneheads

Play Hawaii and we have a built in bowl game for the players. 

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 15, 2017, 06:32:19 pm
And those empty seats tell you (well, should tell you) that fan unrest with the state of the program is growing.  And in the face of that comes another expansion......

I guess even the great "Bama" has unrest since they don't have every seat occupied, lol.

Rice, if anyone could do it, Jeff could.  He's a real piss cutter on the Art of the Deal.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 15, 2017, 02:22:46 pm
Schedule another cupcake for all I care. Not reason to try to schedule the big boys. We already play plenty of them.

Ditto

I like to BS a lot but getting serious, the State of Arkansas supports the University of Arkansas major sports teams really well, especially if they happen to be doing well.  Baseball is among the top 5 venues for attendance so it isn't just football.  The support for the teams is one reason why we have so many hardcore opinions about the programs within the Program.  This dedication is what fuels Hogville, keeps us posting and jabbing each other 24/7.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2017, 02:59:29 pm
Working great, 103% attendance last year at RRS.
Don't confuse things by bringing facts into the discussion. You know how much people hate that.

:P

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2017, 06:11:25 pm
Of course it's tickets sold, as all events are these days.

Tickets sold is all the athletic department really cares about anyway.

Well, that and the tv ratings, I guess.

ricepig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 15, 2017, 07:12:14 pm
Tickets sold is all the athletic department really cares about anyway.

Well, that and the tv ratings, I guess.

Well, probably more interested these days in households with ESPN and SEC Network!

Gladstonesmoans

Harbaugh was skeered to play us..................................